Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL HOF 2009: The "Original 22" joins NFL elite

royallypwned

Once again, I warn non-Cowboy fans that you probably won't care about this. ;) That having been said, in honor of Bullet Bob Hayes officially being inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight (finally), I wrote a little piece to commemorate him.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-14770-Dallas-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d8-The-Original-22-joins-NFL-elite

Congrats Bob! Too bad you couldn't be here to see it, at least not physically. Also, whether you care or not, I'd appreciate it if there was no mud-slinging in this thread. :)

You post this crap in a Skins Forum? Go post it on Cowpuke-Forums, CowpukeZone, or GayCowboyCentral.com.

:doh:

Even you should know better than this Royallypwnd.

yes, I post it in the ATN. :doh:

I realize this is a Skins forum, but I am just trying to get a few extra hits, because that is how I get paid. And if the mods had a problem with it, then they would have told me after I did this the first time. You don't have to be interested, I don't care. But to post a :doh: and that response is just childish.

I'll give you a hit, for your family's welfare; but don't expect me to read that crap.

When did I ever say that I expect everyone to read the articles I post?

Seeking Charity from a puff piece on your arch-rivals msg board is what is childish.

You even preface the post, with (paraphrase) I know this really wont go over please don't crucify me.

I gave ya a couple hits anyway, so there.

Seeking charity? Please. I don't post these for adulation for the Cowboys. I'm sure you missed the article I posted praising another NFCE team's offensive balance. Like I said, if you don't like the thread, why take the time to post in it? Funny that I was actually one of the select few that really had no problem with you when you were posting on our forum.

As a general rule.... wouldnt you say that this board is much more tolerant that that other one I wont mention?

Both forums are tolerant when it comes to rival posters that come on the forum and are respectful. Our forum has a few Eagles, Giants, and Skins fans that post during the football season that are perfectly welcome because they do not make trollish comments. Obviously not as many rival fans post there as they do here, but that is mainly due to ES's large size. There are plenty of people there and here that of course will never like you because you are a fan of the rival. But that is just the way it will be.

I'd like to think I am respectful when I am on this forum. And because of that, I will let this die here and not continue on with a debate with you.

Good post Royally. This is AROUND THE NFL. Not the Stadium. So post of all other NFL teams should be welcome.

I guess it's alright to post threads about how bad the Cowboys are. But then somebody works hard and post ABOUT AN NFL GREAT and gets bashed for that?

If you don't like it just ignore it man. Simple as that. It's not like he was saying "Dallas is great" "Dallas wins the Super Bowl" etc. Praising a legend and I respect that. I respected that even last year with guys like Green and Monk.

Actually, as much as I hate and hated the team, I do respect the PLAYERS from the old school Cowboys teams. If Diron Talbert can have dinner with Staubach and say he hopes his son grows up to be like him, I can admit I respect Staubach, and a handful of others. I was channel surfing a couple days ago and the 71 Cowboys team was on America's Game. I was about to switch stations in disgust, until I heard Duane Thomas go on a tirade against the Cowboys organization, followed by more politically correct complaints from Staubach and Lilly about how they were lied to and grossly underpaid compared to the rest of the league. None of them had a kind word for Schramm.

As for Hayes, he was a pioneer, paving the way for Cowboy player involvement in drug trafficking. Without Hayes, there might never have been a Nate Newton or a Michael Irvin. Even Timmy Smith's brief tenure as a Cowboy was clearly influenced by the Cowboy lifestyle.

Once again, I warn non-Cowboy fans that you probably won't care about this. ;) That having been said, in honor of Bullet Bob Hayes officially being inducted into the Hall of Fame tonight (finally), I wrote a little piece to commemorate him.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-14770-Dallas-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d8-The-Original-22-joins-NFL-elite

Congrats Bob! Too bad you couldn't be here to see it, at least not physically. Also, whether you care or not, I'd appreciate it if there was no mud-slinging in this thread. :)

I would venture to guess that most Dallas fans don't care either, since most joined the bandwagon during the Aikman days.....or they have a crush on Tony Turnover. :D

Around the NFL (23 Viewing)

A separate forum for links to published articles about the NFL (teams, players, news, etc) but unrelated to the Washington Redskins.

That's what ATN is for.

NFL news UNRELATED to the Washington Redskins.

You guys are seriously being *******s for no ****ing reason.

It annoys me that Tr1 can post all that he wants about the Cowboys, then when someone who I personally respect much more than Tr1, royallypwned, posts something about his team everyone gets up in arms.

Shut up. Seriously all of you shut up. This part of ES is for news about other teams.

Get over yourselves children.

That's what ATN is for.

NFL news UNRELATED to the Washington Redskins.

You guys are seriously being *******s for no ****ing reason.

It annoys me that Tr1 can post all that he wants about the Cowboys, then when someone who I personally respect much more than Tr1, royallypwned, posts something about his team everyone gets up in arms.

Shut up. Seriously all of you shut up. This part of ES is for news about other teams.

Get over yourselves children.

LMAO @ 21 year old kiddo calling the whole Fanbase children. :hysterical::hysterical:

Then on top of it you call a revered member out who has not even posted here in thus thread, so who is the real tool now? Something tells me you are a Puke fan or maybe just drunk or maybe your only GF just dumped you for being the former.

Time for a nice round of Lighten Up.

Good article to post. Thanks. Ya know. I can't remember when I found out Bob Hayes wasn't in the NFL HOF,but I remember being stunned. I just thought it went without saying,(personal stuff aside,the man was a great receiver),being that along with his other accomplishments,he very well could have been the one who changed the way DB's play the game. Though a Cowboy,I could respect the way the "Fastest Man in the World" played the game. Good to see him finally make it.

Archived