Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgate Club 2009 Edition

xavmit

BTW, will the players who are signing sign more than one item per person or do you need to go back in the line each time or if nobody is in line, will they sign more than 1 item?

I am helping with a charity golf tournament in mid-Oct and have a few items (mini-Helmets and footballs) I would like to get signed. Thanks - MB

PS The last time I went was 2003, but I bought some TGC passes on Ebay for the Rams and Bucs games (only $30).

Also, is the 5th qtr party any good?

Ok, just want to bring up last night's experience. No ribs, no burgers, no hotdogs, no italian sausage. The menu was Pasta Salad, Coleslaw, Mystery Meat bbq and, wait for it, New England Clam Chowder. That they get away with charging ~$50 a head for that is pathetic.

Ok, just want to bring up last night's experience. No ribs, no burgers, no hotdogs, no italian sausage. The menu was Pasta Salad, Coleslaw, Mystery Meat bbq and, wait for it, New England Clam Chowder. That they get away with charging ~$50 a head for that is pathetic.

Agree completely. We checked out the tailgate Friday because we got cheap tickets for it and thought it was a good excuse to get to the game early and also to see the club area afterwards. I feel sorry for the people who spend $50 for this. They should start a class-action suit. The "gift" was a magnetic schedule. The food was awful, the soda was warm, and the tent area had the sound of the pre-game show blasted so high that you couldn't even talk. A complete waste of money (even at $15). The club area was very cool, however.

I am sorry to hear this. I've been in the TG club twice, once in '08 and once in '07. When I did it, everything was very good. I thought the food was above average for a buffet. They had pork and beef ribs and tons of other stuff, and it was all hot and fresh and delicous, and I posted same. But the highlight was the ribs. I would give it a 9 out of 10. But that was prior to this year.

I can't speak for 2009.

Agree completely. The menu was horrible. I take my kids and they generally eat hot dogs, burgers, chips. popcorn at the tailgate club. Friday night they had none of that, even though our tailgate club contract mentions those food items.

Young children would not eat what was offered, and I didn't find it very appetizing either. I had to go inside the stadium and spend an additional $35 for food that my kids would eat.

I saw several people complaining to FedEx Field reps. They took notes, but no action was taken. And we were there right when it opened (3 hours before kickoff), so they had time to correct the problem if they wanted to.

And the price this year is $59.50 per person, even 5, 7 and 9 year olds!

As a tailgate club member for about 5 years I have to say, while it has always been very pricey for what you get, at least you could always crush plenty of ribs, chicken and some other meat item(s). (burger, dog, sausage etc.)

The Patriots game was the last straw for me. I basically paid $60 for a sloppy joe and a coloring book. (Make it $120 for 2 of each considering I took my wife) I am not kidding when I say I felt it was criminal what they did. False advertising, bait and switch, etc. Call it what you want but it is despicable.

The mystery meat was actually pulled BBQ chicken and pulled bbq pork according to one of the workers. It was not very good to be honest. The "chowdah" was room temperature and also not very tasty.

My wife and I were SO looking forward to the game, including the traditional tailgate club food. I can't really adequately express how upsetting/disappointing this experience was to us.

I am going to call the Redskins Monday morning to express my displeasure.

What adds insult to injury is I had specifically called the premium ticket office in the off- season to ask about the club this year. I was told they were very excited about the new food vendor (center plate) and they were planning more variety including a "special item" themed to the opponent. New England clam chowder was actually the example the person gave me as a special item.

I will try and get contact info for whoever is in charge of this joke and post it. I encourage anyone who is a Tailgate Club member (or anyone else who feels so inclined) to make contact with the Skins and express your feelings.

I have also been to the Houston Texans TG club. They have a brunch with tons of delicious food prepared by a local restaurant including an omelet station. There are breakfast items AND regular food as well. (BBQ etc)

INCLUDED is beer, wine, bloody mary's and mimosa's and the price was about $40 if memory serves.

... They also guaranteed the ticket price for three years. After the three years, I get 4 lower level seats, non-obstructed, orange parking and I don't have to subscribe to the Tailgate Club ...

My two year stint in club was still subject to the six percent increase and I was guaranteed only green parking upon going to LL unobstructed this year.

I am curious how you managed to keep orange when you go down to LL in three years.

thanks

My two year stint in club was still subject to the six percent increase and I was guaranteed only green parking upon going to LL unobstructed this year.

I am curious how you managed to keep orange when you go down to LL in three years.

thanks

The 'skins screwed up and sold my LL Tailgate tickets by mistake. I moved to a new home and changed my address with the ticket office. I even verified the address had been changed 2 weeks later. They still sent the invoice for '09 to my old address. Once it finally hit me what had occurred, I called the ticket office. They sold the tickets because I hadn't paid. I called a guy in the premium seat office who I've delt with for years to find out WTF happened. He apologized and offered me the deal I described. He admitted the organization had screwed up and all that was left for this year was club seats. The parking upgrade was the "sorry about that" and it was written into the contract that I will get "Orange parking for as long as I am a season ticket holder". The good thing in all of this is that I don't have to buy the Tailgate wristbands when I move back down.

I am going to call the Redskins Monday morning to express my displeasure.

I will try and get contact info for whoever is in charge of this joke and post it. I encourage anyone who is a Tailgate Club member (or anyone else who feels so inclined) to make contact with the Skins and express your feelings.

Definitely post the contact info you receive. I will be happy to complain as well (not that I have any faith that it will make any difference).

Definitely post the contact info you receive. I will be happy to complain as well (not that I have any faith that it will make any difference).

Any reply from the Redskins? I am going to this for the home opener (Rams) and wonder if I will need to bring my own food to the tailgate......

I wonder what the special food will be for the Rams...maybe Gyros?? I can only imagine what they will serve for the Bucs. My guess is HardTack....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtack

I spoke with the coordinator yesterday. Her name is Heather. She was very nice, understood my concerns and seemed to genuinely appreciate the constructive feedback I gave her.

I have included her number as well as the number and email of her boss below. I plan on emailing him in the next day or two.

The contact info I received was as follows:

The coordinator's name is Heather.

Her number is 301-276-6374.

Her bosses name is Jason Freidman, # 301-276-6703

FriedmanJ@Redskins.com

His current Linked In profile shows him as VP of sales.

Jeff Greenberg, the owner of ASC who was quoted in the Post story this morning, seemed to really be shilling the TG Club, both on a Post online chat and on 106.7 this evening. Maybe it is a good deal compared to the very pricey club level, but sheesh!

I heard that -- he kept going on about ribs and chicken. That was funny. No ribs or chicken at last Friday's game -- just mystery meat.

A woman called into 106.7 later to discuss how crappy the food actually was. The gift, by the way, was a coupon for an $8 Papa John's pizza.

The food sucks because the grills are gone. That was the only good thing about the TGC. Now everything is cooked in the kitchen that took the place of the grills. No more ribs. The TGC now officially sucks worse than it already did.

They ought to at least change the web site's description then, to remove the "ribs, chicken, hamburgers, hotdog" menu.

I sent an email to Friedman (the guy listed above), but I have a feeling that, as VP of Sales, he is dealing with train wrecks today and is not that concerned about the tailgate menu.

I am a tailgate club member and was also pretty upset with the pathetic tailgate club menu for the 2 preseason games. I'm hoping this is only a preseason thing and the food will be back to normal for the reg season (even though we are paying the same price for the preseason games also)

I think we should all send emails and make phone calls about this, telling them that we are discouraging everyone we know to become tailgate club members and even season ticket holders at this point.

They ought to at least change the web site's description then, to remove the "ribs, chicken, hamburgers, hotdog" menu.

I sent an email to Friedman (the guy listed above), but I have a feeling that, as VP of Sales, he is dealing with train wrecks today and is not that concerned about the tailgate menu.

I sent an email to Friedman as well. I spoke with him personally about the "priority upgrades" advertised to TGC members and was denied an upgrade because there was no availability. This while he was signing off on selling THOUSANDS of tickets to brokers who resold them to fans. I'd be shocked if I got a response or if TGC members EVER get what was originally advertised in terms of food and relocations.

The TGC seats fall under the domain of premium seating. Since the Redskins are so gung-ho on following the letter of the law, is it fair to say that the subpar TGC offerings this year constitute a breach of contract?

:rotflmao:

Don't worry, they'll beef up the TGC ammenities as advertised once the regular season starts.

Its not like the TGC members are paying full price for those preseason games.

:rotflmao:

Don't worry, they'll beef up the TGC ammenities as advertised once the regular season starts.

Its not like the TGC members are paying full price for those preseason games.

Took me a while to get the joke on this one. lol

I haven't heard back from Friedman, however, not sure he has a job anymore.

I saw a webpage on the team site that said something like "Menu subject to change" and it only listed BBQ as the main type of entree. However, I did find another page that hyped ribs, hot dogs, and hamburgers as well. I even printed it out and plan on taking it with me to the Rams game.

If I can find the menu subject to change page, I will post the link.

If the food is horrible again, we should ask the people there to go over to Johnny Rockets, Hooters, etc and get us some decent food.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived