Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgate Club 2009 Edition

xavmit

Now opens just 2 hours before kickoff. Also there is no sponsor listed on the wristband like Best Buy for example.

Also, anyone who has them have you checked where the adhesive is? It should be on the same side as all the printing but mine are on the blank side. Thus, if you attach it to your wrist you may:

1. mistakenly attach the tearoff tab

or if you took the tearoff tab off you will

2. block the game number as you wrap around.

The 2 hour time is printed on the wristband. redskins.com still lists 3 hours...but the website also has for the longest time

stated they had hamburgers at the tailgate club even though they stopped serving hamburgers several years ago.

Tailgate club is really getting cut back.

I guess this shows how little interest there is in tailgate club...just one response. I get them aftermarket so it does not effect me but if I paid initiation fees for tailgate club and the assumption was it was for 3 hours and now they cut it back by 33% I would be upset. In fact, this wold upset me more than all of the parking changes.

Does anyone know if touchdown club has also been cut back to 2 hours prior to kickoff?

Tailgate club used to have hamburgers and for the first hour you could wander the stadium.

The hamburgers were cut about 2 years ago.

Last year you could no longer wander the stadium for the first hour.

This year the time has been cut back by 1/3.

If I had known this I would have not gotten tailgate club wristbands.

So, im coming up in Dec. for the saints game.. are you saying my best bet is to meet up with the ES tailgate then? :)

100% unequivocally hands-down no-shadow-of-a-doubt holy hells yes!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

But that's just me. :)

This year the time has been cut back by 1/3.

If I had known this I would have not gotten tailgate club wristbands.

As I said in another thread, I would confirm this before getting too upset. It's possible they made a mistake in the language on the pass, just as they made a mistake with the sticky tabs. Whoever wrote the language may have confused the opening of the stadium with the opening of the Tailgate Club. The language on the redskins.com site shows "2009 season" and "3 hours" on the same page on several different pages which makes me think the language on the pass is wrong.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/premiumtickets.jsp

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Special_Premium_Club_TailGate_Club_Offer_1684.jsp

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/TailGate_Club_2260.jsp

It also states three hours before kickoff in the stadium guide:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Stadium_Guide_1621.jsp

In addition, the new parking map, which has been shipped to all fans with their season tickets, and which outlines the new tailgating policy for 2009, also discusses the Tailgate Club. And it states that the Tailgate Club will open "three (3) hours before kickoff." There's a copy of it on redskins.com:

http://wai.redskins.com/redskinsFile/stadium/RedskinsParkingMap.pdf

So all evidence seems to suggest that the error is in the language on the passes.

But I'd call and ask, just to make sure. :)

So all evidence seems to suggest that the error is in the language on the passes.

But I'd call and ask, just to make sure. :)

MtH is, of course, correct. I sent them an email this morning and got this brief but informative reply:

The Tailgate Club will open 3 hours before kickoff.

Washington Redskins Ticket Office

FedEx Field

1600 FedEx Way

Landover, MD 20785

(p) 301-276-6050 / (f) 301-276-6001

www.REDSKINS.com <http://www.redskins.com/>

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to get really annoyed with the tailgate club. Every year they nickle and dime you by a few 50 bucks or so more on your invoice.....every year it gets WORSE. If they are charging you more very year for it, it should be getting slightly better. Every year since I got my tickets in 2005 the handouts at the tailgate club have gown down hill. We used to get hats, gloves, etc, and now we are getting basically coupons and advertisements to go buy some other company's products that is paying Snyder to hand them out. It's growing tired. I'm not saying they should be handing out jersey's and helmets and stuff, but it just gets cheaper and cheaper it seems every game. I used to keep my giveaways and now more times than not, they are in a trashcan before I even leave the game.

Last night there was NO ICE in the drink bins so I had a nice hot soda. There was definitely less food to pick from than past years as well. also, the draft beer seems to have gone away. It's all bottled and you are lucky if you get a cold one.

They make you buy the wrist passes in order to get the seats, and it's like Snyder knows he can just screw you because you have nice lower levels. My seats are excellent, which is why I haven't complained one peep to someone yet, but it's getting old. Not only that, but I get up to my seats last night and one of the two is all busted up and basically unable to be sat in. I guess it got busted up during one of the soccer games or something. I really hate to say it but Snyder really is selling a pretty dumpy product here. Anyone else getting a little bit annoyed?

I used to go to the Tailgate Club area early to hang out, eat, throw some footballs to win T-shirts, get Redskins autographs, eat, and watch the raffle. Now, after 5 years of being a member, I go there only to eat and occasionally play a game of golf in the arcade. It seems that everything has been the same year after year - same food, same Redskins players signing autographs, only that something disappears every year. First they took down the games that you bashed with a sledge hammer, then they lost the T-shirt give-aways, not it looks as though there will be less variety in food.

Considering that hundreds, if not thousands, of people are paying $50+ per game for the passes, not to mention the initial membership fees, you'd think the Tailgate Club would be getting better, not worse.

I used to go to the Tailgate Club area early to hang out, eat, throw some footballs to win T-shirts, get Redskins autographs, eat, and watch the raffle. Now, after 5 years of being a member, I go there only to eat and occasionally play a game of golf in the arcade. It seems that everything has been the same year after year - same food, same Redskins players signing autographs, only that something disappears every year. First they took down the games that you bashed with a sledge hammer, then they lost the T-shirt give-aways, not it looks as though there will be less variety in food.

Considering that hundreds, if not thousands, of people are paying $50+ per game for the passes, not to mention the initial membership fees, you'd think the Tailgate Club would be getting better, not worse.

I couldn't agree with this any more. I made my own thread by accident but I'm sure it will get merged in here.

It has gone way down hill since '05. I put up with the cold food, long lines and the overall lousy experience, however the last straw for me was last year at the season opener when it was hot and humid. The "gift" that day was a Redskins water bottle. Since bottled water is is free in the tailgate club, everyone was filling up their Redskin water bottle with the water. Once the organization found out, they stopped handing out the water bottles and moved all of the free water into the stadium. When I asked one of the workers in the tailgate club what was going on, he said "someone" within the organization told them to move the water into the stadium to sell rather than "give it up for free" in the tailgate club. As a business person I understand, but tailgate club isn't cheap and for what we get, we are more than entitled to a few bottles of water on a hot day. I dropped it for this season.

They still show ribs on the menu here:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/TailGate_Club_2260.jsp

And they do mention 2009. However, I can't find a redskins.com link that brings us here. Also, the price appears to be from last year. I believe the price went up from $565 to $595 this year.

If I try to find info on the TG club the old fashioned way, I end up here:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/premiumtickets.jsp

No mention of a menu or what the price is.

I consider it a positive that they brought the hamburgers back. That was my favorite item. They have not had hamburgers in TG Club in a couple of years.

The tents are new people....last year it blew off one game and you had no cover at all.

The servers said they were going to mix it up this year. There will be ribs some games and hamburgers others if I interpret correctly.

It has gone way down hill since '05. I put up with the cold food, long lines and the overall lousy experience, however the last straw for me was last year at the season opener when it was hot and humid. The "gift" that day was a Redskins water bottle. Since bottled water is is free in the tailgate club, everyone was filling up their Redskin water bottle with the water. Once the organization found out, they stopped handing out the water bottles and moved all of the free water into the stadium. When I asked one of the workers in the tailgate club what was going on, he said "someone" within the organization told them to move the water into the stadium to sell rather than "give it up for free" in the tailgate club. As a business person I understand, but tailgate club isn't cheap and for what we get, we are more than entitled to a few bottles of water on a hot day. I dropped it for this season.

I hate to say it, but I don't see any reason for Danny to improve the Tailgate club experience. He's not selling new memberships in this economy like he was a few years ago. Many people have realized that the benefits of lower level seats aren't worth all of the extra fees for a cold buffet. Tailgate club membership is probably on the decline for the first time ever.

It's kind of like an athelete with a guaranteed contract. There's less incentive to perform when you know the money is already there. I.E. Danny has your initiation fees from a few years back, what does he care now when he's struggling to sell all of the other seats in the stadium?

So are we able to not get the tailgate passes and still keep our seats??? I was told that we can't do that....you have to buy the wrist passes in order to get the seats...??

I was not happy at all with the selection in the tailgate club buffet yesterday. The hamburgers tasted terrible and the wings were dry and cold. I couldn't help but notice that the bbq pits were gone and replaced with a kitchen tent. Guess we're going to have baked or boiled ribs if they ever come back. i also noticed that they were charging full stadium price for beer yesterday too.

So are we able to not get the tailgate passes and still keep our seats??? I was told that we can't do that....you have to buy the wrist passes in order to get the seats...??

No. You have to have them both. It's a long story, but basically I let the tickets go and the ticket office re-sold them. Since I have had tickets in some form since the stadium opened, I was contacted by the premium seat people who asked me why I didn't re-new. After explaning to them my basic issues about the total experience, they gave me 2 front row tix in the Club level for the same price as the tailgate club seats. I don't like the club, but it was a good short term solution. They also guaranteed the ticket price for three years. After the three years, I get 4 lower level seats, non-obstructed, orange parking and I don't have to subscribe to the Tailgate Club. I did loose my membership fee, but if I do want the taillgate wristbands later, they will issue them without having to pay the upfront fee again.

Ha - I remember that day. I guess we got in early that day because we were definitely filling our bottles up with water. We actually saw people bringing those bottles back in to later games.

The policy on not taking food or drink out into the stadium really is rather ridiculous. I'm already paying $55 or whatever per game for some food that I generally have to eat between 10am and 1pm on game days. Why can't I take that to my seats like anyone else who buys food?

The policy on not taking food or drink out into the stadium really is rather ridiculous. I'm already paying $55. Why can't I take that to my seats like anyone else who buys food?

Danny doesn't want you giving away concessions to your friends who didn't pay for the premium privilege of buffet food and drink.

It's like an all you can eat restaurant w/ signs that say "no sharing".

They have the same policy in the TD club though I was able to smuggle a few free beers under my jacket when returning to my seats at last years games. TD clubbers pay a hell of a lot more than TG club members, so they're the ones who should really be b****ing.

Archived