Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things you'd rather do than watch a WNBA game...

street_lyte

Ehhh, I don't have a problem with it. I don't tune into it. But if it is on at a bar I will watch a few minutes of it.

Turn in your mancard, sir.

I actually like the WNBA so I guess this thread isn't for me. :)

You too!

Yeah its bad but the WNBA doesn't suck as much as Soccer. Not that far behind though

They both equally suck imo.

Ha! I thought the title said things I'd rather do than watch an NBA game! The sad thing is that all the things listed above for WNBA apply for NBA as well.

If it ain't NCAA then I can't stand to watch it.

Meh, the NBA isn't that bad.

When I think of the WNBA I am reminded of the Futurama episode where they were all stranded on the Amazonia island.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4528/futurama-amazon-tour

Thog: Here stadium, where our women basketball teams play.

Kug: We no can dunk, but good fundamentals.

Ornik: That more fun to watch.

Femputer: Hmm. Perhaps men are not as evil as Femputer thinks.

Thog: But they make fun women's basketball.

Femputer: What? Did you explain how the women's good fundamentals make up for their inability to dunk?

Ornik: Yes. They still laugh.

The NBA may be rife with refereeing scandal and corruption and allegations of fixed games, but at least it's watchable.

I think a lot of what is wrong with the NBA is basically kinda like the Lebron James episode.

So you got dunked on??????? Who cares? I'm on his side simply because he at least played defense.

Why are people so fearful of being dunked on and "posterized'? Literally, that breeds bad defense.

I have seen NBA players literally step out of the way and let the guy dunk. That ain't happening in the 80's. There were no free dunks. They didn't give a **** if they were dunked on.

• 1 month later...

Bumped because 980 keeps saying the Mystics somehow made the playoffs

First of all, why is it a Best of 3 series? Why can't it be best of 7? That alone should make the series unwatchable. Just because you're a female doesn't mean you can't play 7 games like the big boys.

Here's why it's ridiculous to me...teams that are 16-18 and 15-19 made the playoffs. The same thing happens in MLS, don't something like 8 of 10 teams make the playoffs there?

Add to that a smaller ball, yet much worse shooting percentages. All the missed layups. The fact that someone dunks is such a huge national story.

Pass, give me March Madness any day. I'd rather poke out my eyes with a shrimp fork than watch the WNBA.

Archived