Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox sports.com: Positional Power Rankings: OL packages

Skins_Win_Again

Poll: What will be more surprising?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What will be more surprising?

• The Skins have a very successful season.
    • The Skins completely crash and burn & finish 6-10 or worse.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9848856/Positional-Power-Rankings:-OL-packages

Redskins ranked 21st:

At midseason 2008, Rabach and LG Pete Kendall were getting All-Pro mentions, Samuels was headed to the Pro Bowl, as usual, and Thomas and RT Jon Jansen were receiving praise for comebacks from devastating injuries. By the end of the year, the line was seen as over the hill as the offense bogged down. Samuels, who turns 32 this month, played for weeks on a balky knee before a torn triceps ended his year in Week 14. Jansen injured a knee that night and missed two games before returning in the finale for what turned out to be the final game of his decade as a Redskin. He was cut in May. Thomas, now 33, played the second half of the season with a herniated disc in his neck that required surgery. Kendall wasn't re-signed after the Redskins brought back Dockery, his predecessor from 2003-06, who's younger and bigger but didn't fare well during two years in Buffalo. Heyer, the only thing close to a proven young lineman, beat out Jansen last August but got hurt in October and couldn't win the job back. Now, he'll try to fend off massive Mike Williams, the fourth pick in the 2002 draft who hasn't played a snap since 2005 and needed to lose 45 pounds to get on the field this spring. More from Sports Xchange ...

Gotta disagree, I hate the cowboys but their OL is pretty sick.

Now, Steelers at #16....please

If anything the Steelers might need to be lower. Big Ben got beat around pretty bad last year especially in NFC (B)East match-ups ... even our lowly Redskins sacked and rushed him several times.

HTTR

If anything the Steelers might need to be lower. Big Ben got beat around pretty bad last year especially in NFC (B)East match-ups ... even our lowly Redskins sacked and rushed him several times.

HTTR

I agree (sorry didn't clarify) I would have them around 23-25.

Gotta disagree, I hate the cowboys but their OL is pretty sick.

Now, Steelers at #16....please

The Cowboys line is about as mediocre as ours. As well, I'm pretty sure it's now the oldest starting line in the division, and probably one of the oldest in the entire NFL. Romo sits to pee makes their pass protection look a lot better than it really is with his ability to shift around inside the pocket and scramble outside when he has to.

Can't really disagree with the Skins being ranked where they are; the line is old for the most part and ready for a lot of turnover, namely at center and guard. Dockery may help with that, although Kendall was actually pretty solid last year, but Rabach got exposed really badly last year against the 3-4 defenses when he had to face top NTs like Casey Hampton and Ngata, and Jay Ratliff gave him fits in both Cowboys games. He's as smart of a lineman as they come, but he's just not strong enough to hold the point of attack against the better DTs in the league.

Hopefully Heyer can step up at RT from his own up and down play in run blocking, but Samuels' age is also beginning to become a concern.

The Redskins at #21 invalidates the whole list.

Should be much closer to #32.

JC might have been sacked 38 times, but CP was still 13 yards away from 1500.

Dallas, on the other hand, had Marion Barber 15 yards away from 900 and Tony Romo sits to pee who is really good at avoiding sacks (probably saved at least 10 where other QBs would've gone down).

The Cowboys coming in at #10 pretty much invalidates the whole list.

No shiite! Their OL was PUTRID while Romo sits to pee was out, and I believe they finished in the bottom 3rd in rushing yards and sacks allowed. THE most overrated unit in the NFL.

No shiite! Their OL was PUTRID while Romo sits to pee was out, and I believe they finished in the bottom 3rd in rushing yards and sacks allowed. THE most overrated unit in the NFL.

Was it 11 sacks they allowed in the 3 games Romo sits to pee was gone?

Hmm...

Redskins tied at 22nd for sacks allowed, and ranked 8th in rushing.

In terms of turnover: I'm happy to take Dockery, M. Williams and Bridges over Jansen, Kendall and Fabini. Yes, our guys are a year older, but I take the point of view that we trimmed the fat a bit.

Add to these the 2nd year in the same system factor and the even more important: we're not playing Pittsburgh this year factor* and I'd easily put this line above 21st. Somewhere around 15 would be pretty fair.

*taking away their 7 sacks would have put us tied with Dallas for 15th in sacks allowed

I'm actually shocked they weren't ranked lower because after all, this is the media.

I agree with everyone saying the Cowboys OLine is WAAAAAAAY over-rated. It's funny how a position that usually doesn't get any notice is given lots of praise with a team that also gets lots of (unearned) praise.

Even John Clayton said he felt the Cowboys O Line was in the worst shape of any in the BEast. (Sorry, trying to find the link)

Archived