Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LAST DAY to Get My Redskins Book, save $ and Help a Great Cause

rtandler

Note: Today, Monday 7/27, is the last day for this offer.

Hey, folks, it’s last call on the early ordering program on my new book The Redskins Chronicle, a Journey Through the History of the Redskins 1937-2008. Thanks for the response so far but I’ve got to wrap up the discounts and autographs and the donations to the Hogettes’ fund (although it’s something I’ll always help out).

Monday will be the last day of this offer. When you place an order for the book, just use the coupon code Extreme to get the benefits below.

If you don't know about the book, you can check out the press release here or go to RedskinsChronicle.com and look there. Be sure to check out the excerpts as they give you a good idea of what the book is all about.

When you're ready to order, go to the Extremeskins landing page on the website As you'll see there, in exchange for waiting a little while to get your book, you'll get the following benefits:

--Save $3.00 off of the cover price (applies to as many copies as you want, take care of your Christmas list in July!)

--For each book sold, a donation will be made to help the Hogettes' coin program as championed by Huly here on ES.

--Get your book personally autographed by yours truly (there's a place to enter personalized autograph information once you place the order).

--Get entered into a drawing for a free four-pack of my books (mix and match any four of the three I have in print).

--Be the first on your block to get this must-have book!

In order for all of this to kick in, you have to use the coupon code Extreme when you order.

Thanks for your support, if you have any questions or comments just shoot me an email.

Cool. Count me in for two. One for me and one for my son. I bought your A to Z book when it came out and loved it!

Only thing missing is pictures.

Did you get cooperation from the Skins or is this all on your own from media reports, first hand accounts, etc.?

Thanks, S&S.

Early on I tried to get cooperation from the Redskins but they supposedly were working on their own history book at the time and it was a futile pursuit. So, I decided to do it all from media reports. I found that the passage of time and the embellishment of heroic tales over time made first-hand accounts of dubious value from my perspective.

If you liked my first book, you'll love this one!

Cool. Count me in for two. One for me and one for my son. I bought your A to Z book when it came out and loved it!

Only thing missing is pictures.

Did you get cooperation from the Skins or is this all on your own from media reports, first hand accounts, etc.?

I saw your picture of you sitting next to Chris Hanburger. Brought back memories of the Skins players playing basketball at all the local high schools for charity. It used to be a blast watching them play.

I especially remember a game they played against our faculty. At Herndon HS, we had a gym teacher who was a very good college player....think he played at American Univ. Anyway he was bombing away all game from outside and had 40-50 points. He was driving the Skins crazy. But the Skins could not foul out (but the faculty could!) and the refs were in their back pocket anyway. With all the fouling and wide bodies inside, they beat our teachers. It was close but they still won.

Ah....weren't those the days...no worries....

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my copy in the mail today. I haven't been able to stop reading it.

BTW Burgundy is spelled Burgandy on the back cover. Was that an error, or was that because it was from a direct quote, and therefore not wrong?

Archived