Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Highlight Video

darrelgreenie

Portis only had 1 game over 80 yards after Week 8 last season. For the rest of the season after that, he only averaged 3.4 YPC for 543 yards. Over the last 8 games. 68 yards per game is pretty crappy for a starting RB like him.

You're really kidding yourself if you don't think people were owning our offensive line pretty regularly throughout the end of the season.

-First of all that had to do with our lack of a deep passing game and a consistently stacked box

-Second of all, I was responding to a post where someone claimed "everyone gave our o-line troubles"... I don't understand how this is true, when we had a 1500 yd rusher, clearly our o-line was doing something

-Third of all star running backs who are asked to carry the load for there team, are obviously going to slightly taper off at the end of the season

-Our o-line wasn't great but you guys need to recognize, they were adequate

Thank you.

It's a shame that people have to have this explained to them, over and over, verbatim, repeatedly, with a ridiculous amount of redundancy with such repetition. :doh:

-Its a shame you think because our backups couldnt perform like our starters in the second half of the season, that "everyone had there way with our o-line" that is what you claimed if you forgot... No matter Portis' #'s at the end of the season he was a 1500 yd rusher through the 16 games, so obviously "everyone" wasn't giving our o-line trouble.... Maybe it was just some of the best pressure defenses in the league? I dunno BALT, PIT, PHI, DAL, NYG.... 5 of our last 8 games were played against the top pressure defenses in the league, and you are expecting the same play... Just ridiculous

-First of all that had to do with our lack of a deep passing game and a consistently stacked box

-Second of all, I was responding to a post where someone claimed "everyone gave our o-line troubles"... I don't understand how this is true, when we had a 1500 yd rusher, clearly our o-line was doing something

-Third of all star running backs who are asked to carry the load for there team, are obviously going to slightly taper off at the end of the season

I don't know how to put it in simpler terms: No. You're wrong.

-Its a shame you think because our backups couldnt perform like our starters in the second half of the season, that "everyone had there way with our o-line" that is what you claimed if you forgot... No matter Portis' #'s at the end of the season he was a 1500 yd rusher through the 16 games, so obviously "everyone" wasn't giving our o-line trouble.... Maybe it was just some of the best pressure defenses in the league? I dunno BALT, PIT, PHI, DAL, NYG.... 5 of our last 8 games were played against the top pressure defenses in the league, and you are expecting the same play... Just ridiculous

Please go look at the teams that we played the first eight games. You will see Portis's numbers against three of those teams. The Giants was Zorn's first game, but please, feel free to look at our offensive line's play, in the run game, against the Cowboys and Eagles, in the beginning of the year.

Thanks for playing.

It's ashame the same 3-4 posters feel the need to hijack every thread about Jason Campbell with the same boring and repetitive posts.

The video is pretty good but its missing a lot of great moments.

Yeah it's a shame that we know them by name...it could be a thread about baking a Redskin Cake and they would turn it into how if Campbell made a Redskin cake it would take him too long to crack the eggs or read the directions on the back of the box.

Right, and at the start of the season somehow we had a great deep passing game.

We had a "1500 yard rusher"...again, as I already showed, it's not that cut and dry. Portis had about 900 yards in the first 8 weeks of the season, and about 500 the last 8 weeks. That's not "tapering off" because he was carrying the load, unless you're suggesting Portis doesn't have any stamina for a full season. The line fell apart and wasn't blocking for him.

How many different guys started or saw significant playing time for our o-line last year? Something like 8 or 9? And that's an "adequate" o-line to you?

Yeah it's a shame that we know them by name...it could be a thread about baking a Redskin Cake and they would turn it into how if Campbell made a Redskin cake it would take him too long to crack the eggs or read the directions on the back of the box.

-A thread with Campbell's name in the title, and you expect the QB controversey not to come up? Wow, be realistic, this thread is about Campbell, so any judgement is his performance is clearly relevant

I don't know how to put it in simpler terms: No. You're wrong.

-Your right everyone had there with them all season, how could I not see that?

Please go look at the teams that we played the first eight games. You will see Portis's numbers against three of those teams. The Giants was Zorn's first game, but please, feel free to look at our offensive line's play, in the run game, against the Cowboys and Eagles, in the beginning of the year.

Thanks for playing.

-Funny first you just discredit the Giants game because "it was our first game" and this quote works directly against your claim earlier "everyone had there way with our line" that clearly isn't true... You made a dumb claim quit trying to defend it, a realistic statement might have been "our offensive lines performance tapered off as the season went on" but you didn't say that... You claimed "everyone" gave our o-line troubles

Right, and at the start of the season somehow we had a great deep passing game.

We had a "1500 yard rusher"...again, as I already showed, it's not that cut and dry. Portis had about 900 yards in the first 8 weeks of the season, and about 500 the last 8 weeks. That's not "tapering off" because he was carrying the load, unless you're suggesting Portis doesn't have any stamina for a full season. The line fell apart and wasn't blocking for him.

How many different guys started or saw significant playing time for our o-line last year? Something like 8 or 9? And that's an "adequate" o-line to you?

-No in the beginning of the season we had an offense that hadn't been gameplanned against, and a healthy o-line... And where did I say it's just a deep passing game? Portis' decline had to do with a multitude of factors.

-He has taken an unheard of amount of rushes the last few seasons as a Redskin, saying he got tired, isn't suggesting he doesn't have stamina for the full season, its suggesting Portis can't be the work horse for a team for a countlesss number of years.

-Adequate, yes... I didn't say they were good... Do you honestly think a piss poor line could create a 1500 yd rusher? I know most of his yds were in the first half of the season but be realistic with yourself man, they were a good o-line that wore down with age and injuries

-Adequate, yes... I didn't say they were good... Do you honestly think a piss poor line could create a 1500 yd rusher? I know most of his yds were in the first half of the season but be realistic with yourself man, they were a good o-line that wore down with age and injuries
Yes, which ties back into the point that defenses (including the Bengals) were able to put pressure on the line and disrupt not only the rushing attack with Portis, but also the passing game. Which has been the point all along in this nonsensical discussion.

Portis' production dropped as the o-line got worse...Campbell's production went down along the exact same time line. It's not rocket science. Other factors were involved sure (poor playcalling, Campbell becoming more timid and making poor decisions the more rattled he became behind the line, the defense not generating enough turnovers/short fields, etc.), but our o-line last year was a huge root for a lot of our problems too.

-A thread with Campbell's name in the title, and you expect the QB controversey not to come up? Wow, be realistic, this thread is about Campbell, so any judgement is his performance is clearly relevant

Any thread with JC's name it makes it a QB controversey thread?:doh:

You know what is real about you?

You don't like JC and it bother's you when Redskin's fans show support their QB.

This thread is about watching and enjoying some highlights from our starting QB before the season starts.

HTTR!

Any thread with JC's name it makes it a QB controversey thread?:doh:

You know what is real about you?

You don't like JC and it bother's you when Redskin's fans show support their QB.

This thread is about watching and enjoying some highlights from our starting QB before the season starts.

HTTR!

-Actually I haven't been bashing our QB in this thread, I tried to respect your wishes... Aside, from one joke

-What I have been doing is supporting our offensive line, someone made the statement that Campbell never has more than 3 seconds I proved it to be untrue. Had they not bashed our offensive line I never would have spoke up

Yes, which ties back into the point that defenses (including the Bengals) were able to put pressure on the line and disrupt not only the rushing attack with Portis, but also the passing game. Which has been the point all along in this nonsensical discussion.

Portis' production dropped as the o-line got worse...Campbell's production went down along the exact same time line. It's not rocket science. Other factors were involved sure (poor playcalling, Campbell becoming more timid and making poor decisions the more rattled he became behind the line, the defense not generating enough turnovers/short fields, etc.), but our o-line last year was a huge root for a lot of our problems too.

-You really can't seem to comprehend my point, I am not saying we had a good o-line at all... But when Portis got 900 yards, did you consider our line average/bad? Probably not, they were a good o-line, not the best in the league but definitely good... The second half of the season, when injuries etc occurred, our line was bad, not the worst in the league but bad.... Have you ever averaged what good and bad equal out to? Average, which is exactly how I would describe our line last year.... The only reason this debate is non-sensical is you can't comprehend my point, I'm not denying our o-line attributed a ton to our problemes, I am saying averaged out over the course of the season, calling our o-line is bad is completely incorrect.... Any line that has a back at almost 900+ yds in the first 8 games had to be playing well in my opinion, but maybe you disagree.

-You really can't seem to comprehend my point, I am not saying we had a good o-line at all... But when Portis got 900 yards, did you consider our line average/bad? Probably not, they were a good o-line, not the best in the league but definitely good... The second half of the season, when injuries etc occurred, our line was bad, not the worst in the league but bad.... Have you ever averaged what good and bad equal out to? Average, which is exactly how I would describe our line last year.... The only reason this debate is non-sensical is you can't comprehend my point, I'm not denying our o-line attributed a ton to our problemes, I am saying averaged out over the course of the season, calling our o-line is bad is completely incorrect.... Any line that has a back at almost 900+ yds in the first 8 games had to be playing well in my opinion, but maybe you disagree.

There is a difference between run blocking and pass blocking. We had a good run blocking line but it was a very poor pass blocking line.

There is a difference between run blocking and pass blocking. We had a good run blocking line but it was a very poor pass blocking line.

QFE.

i'm surprised it took this long to say. O-lineman aren't either "good" or "bad" at everything all together. Jansen, for example, was a good run-blocker for the last few years, but a TERRIBLE pass blocker. our line was better at run blocking than pass blocking all year last year.

first 8 games: good run blocking, average pass protecting

second 8 games: average (or slightly below average) run blocking, awful pass blocking

and yeah, i'd still call them a good line that wore down with injuries.

-Actually I haven't been bashing our QB in this thread, I tried to respect your wishes... Aside, from one joke

-What I have been doing is supporting our offensive line, someone made the statement that Campbell never has more than 3 seconds I proved it to be untrue. Had they not bashed our offensive line I never would have spoke up

My bad dude, i have to admit that i saw it was you and just figured you were doing your usual.

I was just hoping that this thread wouldn't turn into a homers/haters battle.

My bad dude, i have to admit that i saw it was you and just figured you were doing your usual.

No I am sorry you have nothing to applogize to Mahons21 for . He is up to his usual and has hijacked yet another thread to bash the QB . A thread that was supposed to be positive.

There are a gazzilion threads you can talk about Campbell, the offensive line, WR, Jim zorn but no he has to bring his comments into this thread .

-Wait so let me get this?... You read my post over react, falsely accuse me of bashing Campbell, then act as if I am the one who is overreacting.... I never will understand your logic

-It hasn't, someone said our o-line was awful I disagreed.

No I am sorry you have nothing to applogize to Mahons21 for . He is up to his usual and has hijacked yet another thread to bash the QB . A thread that was supposed to be positive.

-Please find a single thread that I have personally hijacked... Have I added my opinion once the Campbell debate has already started, yes... Have I started one, no.... So either go get your self some proof or shut up

There are a gazzilion threads you can talk about Campbell, the offensive line, WR, Jim zorn but no he has to bring his comments into this thread .

-Again, get your facts straight or just shut up... See who brought the o-line up, funny how you and Darrellgreenie or so upset about what the thread has turned into, but rather than attacking the original culprit or those arguing against me, all of whom you agree with... You choose to attack the incorrect person because you disagree with them...

-Certainly, but I am curious as to how many offensive lines have had a 1500 yd running back behind them and in the same season give up 38 sacks... I doubt there's many more than one

-Certainly, but I am curious as to how many offensive lines have had a 1500 yd running back behind them and in the same season give up 38 sacks... I doubt there's many more than one

--------------How many of those 1500 yards came from when the QB was doing better? The point isn't the number of times he was sacked, the point is that amount he was hurried.

But let's all do each other a favor - let's chill the **** out. It doesn't make a damn difference how much we argue, Campbell is the starter right now and Zorn seems like he won't change it. Instead of bashing the dude, let's hope he gets better. And don't give me that "I've run out of hope" crap because if you're still a fan 10 years after Snyder bought the damn team you have more than enough hope to continue on.

Thank you.

It's a shame that people have to have this explained to them, over and over, verbatim, repeatedly, with a ridiculous amount of redundancy with such repetition. :doh:

You stated "everyone" now you want to scale it back to half the season. What is ridiculous is that you actually think you have any credibility. No matter how many times you repeat BS, doesn't make it true.

--------------How many of those 1500 yards came from when the QB was doing better? The point isn't the number of times he was sacked, the point is that amount he was hurried.

-Why does it matter when the yards came? My point to Bzapf was; though offensive lines can definitely be better at pass protection or run blocking, there has never been such an extreme case.... Where the RB goes for 1500, and the QB is sacked 38 times... Also sacks and hurries are directly correlated, if I can find the statistics for how many times Campbell was hurried I would bet, that there haven't been many teams that have a 1500 yd RB, and a QB who was hurried x amt of times

We need to realize that Candle does not have great talent. He is tall with an above average arm. Nothing else. Terrible accuracy, decision making, leadership, limited mobility. Nothing special, and certainly not a starting QB on a good team. Colt time.

You stated "everyone" now you want to scale it back to half the season. What is ridiculous is that you actually think you have any credibility. No matter how many times you repeat BS, doesn't make it true.

Yawn. Your personal vendetta against me, as incoherent as it is, has lost its novelty and is losing its entertainment value.

Archived