Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys' 2008 draft class looks to build on strong rookie showing

royallypwned

Um, let's see...of the five rookies, Julius couldn't stay healthy, Bennett made more news off the field, Jenkins is so good the pukes hope to replace him right away, Choice was productive in losing efforts where passes were expected...and I can't even remember who the other guy is.

But, keep up the good work...it's always fun to read fantasies.

Um, let's see...of the five rookies, Julius couldn't stay healthy, Bennett made more news off the field, Jenkins is so good the pukes hope to replace him right away, Choice was productive in losing efforts where passes were expected...and I can't even remember who the other guy is.

But, keep up the good work...it's always fun to read fantasies.

Julius? I'm assuming you mean Felix Jones?

And you can say whatever you want about them, I don't care. If you clicked the link, you helped, so thanks. ;)

If Jones can stay healthy, he's a weapon. I've been reading they're going to work some Wildcat using him, and that makes me a bit nervous.

~Bang

The combination of Barber/Choice/Jones could be very dangerous. Barber is not a #1 back, but he does well in a supporting role. Jones is good. If Choice is not a 2-game flash in the pan, it won't matter if Williams is the next Michael Westbrook...

Skins and Cowboys both have the same need for their 2008 draft class to step up and become at least contributors, if not bonafide starters this year. Jones is the only one you listed that I think has the potential to become lethal this season...yet for some reason I'm not too worried about him. Yet. lol...

Gave you another hit :cheers:...

The combination of Barber/Choice/Jones could be very dangerous. Barber is not a #1 back, but he does well in a supporting role. Jones is good. If Choice is not a 2-game flash in the pan, it won't matter if Williams is the next Michael Westbrook...

Choice could possibly be a 5-game flash in the pan. Finishing the last 5 games of the season with 73 carries for 381 yds (5.2 ypc) against some of the very best rush defenses in the entire league. Including a couple of the best individual rushing performances Pitt & Balt had against them all season.

Pitt #2

Balt #3

Phil #4

NYG #9

Sea #18

If Jones can stay healthy, he's a weapon. I've been reading they're going to work some Wildcat using him, and that makes me a bit nervous.

~Bang

Why? Romo sits to pee roaming around outside the pocket, without the ball, and the only thing standing in between him and Osi being an aging Flozell Adams? I'm practically salivating at the opportunity. The Cowboys can have the first down; I want Romo sits to pee's brains scrambled.

Why? Romo sits to pee roaming around outside the pocket, without the ball, and the only thing standing in between him and Osi being an aging Flozell Adams? I'm practically salivating at the opportunity. The Cowboys can have the first down; I want Romo sits to pee's brains scrambled.

Now, if you had used Tuck, I would have agreed with you. But Osi has to be one of the most overrated players in the league.

If it wasn't for Winston Justice, people would be wondering if Osi was ever going to recapture his 2005 form...

Now, if you had used Tuck, I would have agreed with you. But Osi has to be one of the most overrated players in the league.

If it wasn't for Winston Justice, people would be wondering if Osi was ever going to recapture his 2005 form...

On a line which also featured Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck, Osi was the one who drew the consistent double teams in 2007. In the second half of the Superbowl, he was practically unblockable (much like Adalius Thomas on the Pats). As the half wore on, Brady would move away from Osi's side, right at the snap, on a number of passing plays. I don't know who you're watching, but the Osi Umenyiora who plays for the Giants is a pretty good player.

On a line which also featured Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck, Osi was the one who drew the consistent double teams in 2007. In the second half of the Superbowl, he was practically unblockable (much like Adalius Thomas on the Pats). As the half wore on, Brady would move away from Osi's side, right at the snap, on a number of passing plays. I don't know who you're watching, but the Osi Umenyiora who plays for the Giants is a pretty good player.

If that's true, then I'll take back what I said...I have always had much more respect for Strahan and Tuck then I do Osi...

As good as Tuck is, and believe me I love Justin Tuck, he is not nearly the playmaker Osi is, this is just another classic example of the short attention spans fans have, which I hope you don't take personally because it is a widespread phenomenon. When a player is out of sight he's out of mind, and his impact as a player is almost always immediately forgotten.

There is no question in my mind however that Osi is the best player currently on the Giants defense, and if he's not, then he's 1A.

Score another one for ES's favourite Cowboy "intruder." ;)

Nice write up as always man. I like the way the Cowboys stockpiled depth this time out too. Well, I don't like it "like it"..... damn it, I know what I meant! :mad:

The big ass, no-name lineman in particular could end up being an inspired pick. Ahh, the joys of having a multitude of picks at a draft. :doh:

Hail.

Score another one for ES's favourite Cowboy "intruder." ;)

Nice write up as always man. I like the way the Cowboys stockpiled depth this time out too. Well, I don't like it "like it"..... damn it, I know what I meant! :mad:

The big ass, no-name lineman in particular could end up being an inspired pick. Ahh, the joys of having a multitude of picks at a draft. :doh:

Hail.

I know what you meant too. ;)

thanks dude! :cheers:

thanks everyone soooo much!!! :notworthy

examinerstats.jpg

These are the stats for today. I don't remember a day the Dallas Boxing guy wasn't #1 in the month I've been doing this. :applause: :applause:

Who the hell is reading boxing articles?????

Archived