Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which LB/DEs make the squad

eljeasel

I hate to say it, but I think Buzbee either gets injured in preseason or just gets beat out. I don't think they're willing to put the faith in him this year.

What makes you think he will be injured? Because of last years injury? I think if he is given a fair shot he can really impress. We have never really seen him in action with a chance to compete for the starting spot. But this yea with Daniels coming back from injury, Wynn being old, Jackson only in his second year Buzbee has a fair chance to win a spot.

I really hope that both Daniels and Wynn are cut. I'd like to see Alexander and Orakpo starting at LDE, with Wilson and Orakpo starting at SAM. I'd like to see all the draft picks make the team, no Thomas, and maybe no Fincher.

My DEs are

Carter

Jackson

Alexander

Orakpo

LBs

HB Blades

London Fletcher Baker

Cody Glenn

Robert Henson

Chris Wilson

Rocky McIntosh

Alfred Fincher (poss)

DTs

Albert Haynesworth

Cornelius Griffin

Anthony Montgomery

Kedric Golston

Thats 15 players.

If we assume the 9 spots for our DBs are fixed, then that leaves one spot open. Maybe that can go to Daniels. But I don't know.

Just wondering why you are a no for Fincher. Since he was picked up last offseason he has done everything he was asked. He was brought in without any expectations and he made the team last year and was great on special teams. He was always around the ball when playing OLB as well. He has received must praise from the coaching staff this year so far.

What makes you think he will be injured? Because of last years injury? I think if he is given a fair shot he can really impress. We have never really seen him in action with a chance to compete for the starting spot. But this yea with Daniels coming back from injury, Wynn being old, Jackson only in his second year Buzbee has a fair chance to win a spot.

because he's been injured two years in a row, two season ending injuries. I call that injury prone.

If you can predict the future we need to have lunch. We can make some serious money together.

Seriously, its pretty silly to predict an injury for somebody. Reality check here for Buzbee though: its a numbers game. Look how good Mason looked in the running game and yet he got cut and picked up by another team. So either Buzbee is cut because he looks terrible and then works at Burger World, or he looks good and then gets cut and picked up by another team.

The only way he sticks is if he looks FRIKKEN GREAT AND UNSTOPPABLE! Its just a numbers game but I won't attribute it to an injury. Thats just not logical at this point.

Actually the numbers are in favor. He is easily in the top 5 DEs that we have. Right now it would be fair to say he is #3 or #4. Behind Carter and Daniels for sure. I would put him ahead of Wynn because I dont think Wynn has anything left that Buzbee couldnt do as well. If Daniels doesnt return to for from his injury Buzbee can be moved up to #2 as long as he is completely healed that is.

Just wondering why you are a no for Fincher. Since he was picked up last offseason he has done everything he was asked. He was brought in without any expectations and he made the team last year and was great on special teams. He was always around the ball when playing OLB as well. He has received must praise from the coaching staff this year so far.

I'm not against Fincher, I was really impressed with him last year. Just a game of numbers.

Hey, I don't like predicting injury, but people do it every day with Malcolm Kelly's knees. Buzbee's been injured both seasons here, why should we expect him to be healthy this year?

The difference is that Kelly's knee issues were well-documented coming into the league.

OTOH, Buzbee's injuries were freak accidents.

The difference is that Kelly's injuries were well-documented coming into the league.

OTOH, Buzbee's injuries were freak accidents.

make the excuses you want. Kelly didn't have bad knees while at Oklahoma, but all of a sudden we find out that he can't run without swelling. I'm saying that I don't have faith in Buzbee. He seems a bit fragile, so I don't think he'll be on the roster this year.

Actually the numbers are in favor. He is easily in the top 5 DEs that we have. Right now it would be fair to say he is #3 or #4. Behind Carter and Daniels for sure. I would put him ahead of Wynn because I dont think Wynn has anything left that Buzbee couldnt do as well. If Daniels doesnt return to for from his injury Buzbee can be moved up to #2 as long as he is completely healed that is.

Well Carter and Daniels are pretty much locks if healthy. so much for 1 & 2

Wynn had several sacks last season in a backup role and has lost weight to gain quickness and speed so I doubt Buzbee can beat him out. Possible of course but that will be his main competition. Wynn vs Buzbee

Then you have Alexander and Rob Jackson. Jackson looked good last year in pre season so he has a possiblity of sticking and then Lorenzo is of course a favorite around these parts and with the staff for versatility.

Its definitely between Wynn and Buzbee for that last speed rushing spot.But to say he is a for sure #3 or 4 is too presumptuous.

Still if he looks GREAT like I said, he can make the team adn we will all be happy with a GREAT defensive end.

P.S. Big p.s. here....IF the Skins abandon Orakpo at linebacker because Wilson looks good or if we pick up Brooks or another veteran linebacker...but if Orakpo ends up at Defensive end fulltime, then that changes everything.

Then you have Alexander and Rob Jackson. Jackson looked good last year in pre season so he has a possiblity of sticking and then Lorenzo is of course a favorite around these parts and with the staff for versatility.

Personally, I don't think Alexander is anything special but as you said...he does bring versatility to the table.

make the excuses you want. Kelly didn't have bad knees while at Oklahoma, but all of a sudden we find out that he can't run without swelling.

I thought the start of Kelly's knee problem came during the '07 Fiesta Bowl when he left the game injured, and subsequently played injured through the '07 season? :whoknows:

I always took it that we gambled on his knee draft day, which was no secret at the time, being he was arguably the best receiver to come out of the '08 draft.

Hail.

make the excuses you want. Kelly didn't have bad knees while at Oklahoma, but all of a sudden we find out that he can't run without swelling.

http://newsok.com/ous-trent-williams-trusted-malcolm-kellys-advice/article/3338969

But, according to the source, Kelly faced an unusual circumstance that forced his hand.

"Malcolm’s situation was different, as a lot of people have figured out. Malcolm had knee problems. The reason he slipped (in the draft) is because they knew about his knee. There’s not a lot of cartilage in there,” said the source, referring to a knee injury that kept Kelly inactive for all but five games of his rookie season.

"He’s in the process of addressing it now. But had Malcolm been able to play in five games this year at OU, where would he be now? An undrafted free agent. That’s why he had to get while the getting was still good.”

I think we go with 7 LB's and 4/5 DE, depending on how many DT we keep (( D line total IMO)

What I want to see, is not what they are doing since they seem so set on putting Orakpo at LB.

DE (* denotes starter)

Carter*

Daniels

Orakpo*

Wynn

LB (* denotes starter)

Fletcher *

Rocky *

C. Wilson *

Blades

Glenn

Thomas

Fincher

I think the DT's will be

Big Al

Griff

Golston

Montgomery

Alexander

I think we go with 7 LB's and 4/5 DE, depending on how many DT we keep (( D line total IMO)

What I want to see, is not what they are doing since they seem so set on putting Orakpo at LB.

DE (* denotes starter)

Carter*

Daniels

Orakpo*

Wynn

LB (* denotes starter)

Fletcher *

Rocky *

C. Wilson *

Blades

Glenn

Thomas

Fincher

I think the DT's will be

Big Al

Griff

Golston

Montgomery

Alexander

not bad but i hope to god Wynn is not on the final 53:doh:

I don't think Daniels or Wynn will stick. I count as the 4 DEs: Carter, Orakpo, Jackson and Buzbee. This means 7 Lbers will stay as follows: Mac, Fletch, Blades, Henson, Glenn, Thomas and Wilson. Bear in mind that in Blaches's scheme Alexander, Haynesworth and Golston can all play DE from time-to-time and will.

I don't think Daniels or Wynn will stick. I count as the 4 DEs: Carter, Orakpo, Jackson and Buzbee. This means 7 Lbers will stay as follows: Mac, Fletch, Blades, Henson, Glenn, Thomas and Wilson. Bear in mind that in Blaches's scheme Alexander, Haynesworth and Golston can all play DE from time-to-time and will.

I wouldn't mind this at all. It shows a younger DL and LBs. I might drop Thomas for Fincher, and Buzbee for Alexander (or do you have him at DT?), but either way this would work for me.

HB Blades

London Fletcher Baker

Cody Glenn ®

Robert Henson ®

Robert Thomas

Chris Wilson

Brian Orakpo ®

Rocky McIntosh

Of Defensive Ends

Andre Carter

Phillip Daniels

Rob Jackson

Renaldo Wynn

Lorenzo Alexander

Derek Walker

I'm not gonna hijack the thread into talking about Kelly's situation. I'll just stick to my original opinion that Buzbee is injury prone, which makes him less likely to contribute this year.

I wasn't trying to hijack the thread either. I was just responding to what YOU said about Kelly.:cheers:

I'm not gonna hijack the thread into talking about Kelly's situation. I'll just stick to my original opinion that Buzbee is injury prone, which makes him less likely to contribute this year.

I'll add that he was a longshot anyway, healthy or not.

Hey, I don't like predicting injury, but people do it every day with Malcolm Kelly's knees. Buzbee's been injured both seasons here, why should we expect him to be healthy this year? And even if he is, why should we expect him to be THAT good? We haven't seen anything from him in 2 years. If he was a draft pick, he'd be a busted pick. If he were a roster spot, he'd be a wasted roster spot. But since all we did is put him on IR, I guess he was just a wasted paycheck. I just figure he'll get injured this year, or fail due to competition this year.

Sorry but your wrong. Buzbee first year was spent on the Practice squad. And he was signed to active roster in the last game to prevent another team pouching him. Last year he had a torn achilles.

Good chance he could make the PS again to be honest. As they are eligible for it for 2 years. All going to come down to a numbers game and if he was to make the roster he needs to out perform some veterans. Can he do it only the preseason will tell. Other wise i see him on the PS and getting his last shot next year.

So hardly injury prone. As he only been injured 1 out the 2 years he has been here.

Linebackers:

- London Fletcher

- Rocky McIntosh

- Brian Orakpo (Can play DE too)

- Chris Wilson (Can play DE too)

- HB Blades

- Robert Henson

Defensive Ends:

- Andre Carter

- Philip Daniels

- Lorenzo Alexander

- Reynaldo Wynn