Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: It's official: Texans sign Rex Grossman

bubba9497

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/06/its-official-texans-sign-rex-grossman.html

Click link for entire article

It's official: Texans sign Rex Grossman

The Houston Texans officially confirmed the signing of free-agent QB Rex Grossman on Friday afternoon.

Grossman, who led the Bears to an appearance in Super Bowl XLI, was Chicago's first-round pick in 2003.

But he was often injured and inconsistent in Chicago, factors that led to his departure from the Windy City and the Bears' successful pursuit of Jay Cutler in the offseason.

Grossman has won 19 of 31 career starts while throwing for 33 TDs and 35 INTs in his six-year career.

He will likely battle Lions castoff Dan Orlovsky to serve as Matt Schaub's primary backup in Houston. Former Texans reserve Sage Rosenfels was traded to the Vikings on Feb. 27.

Not that the INT machine that is Rex Grossman is any great loss, but the Bears sure better pick some vet. up, as the two currently backing Cutler I've both never heard of, and have a grand total of one regular season game's experience between them.

Either that or get on their collective hands and knees and pray like heck Cutler doesn't get injured.

As for the Texans picking the chump up..... well, that's why the Texans are the Texans, and will remain thus.

Hail.

I don't think he's so bad that he doesn't deserve another shot. he took his team to the SB once. I think he could be a good QB if he learns to not throw pics and be more patient. he's probably the best Florida QB in a long while.

Really? His team took HIM to the SB, but Wrecks is toast. Didn't have it, ain't got it and doesn't look likely to get it anytime in the future. How was this the Texans best option?

Not a fan of Grossman, (ok, I hate the guy) but he actually has a decent chance to be ok there. One thing I had was seen with Rex is he looks good when the weather is good, but when it turns bad (cold, rain, ect) he is horrid. He'll be in a dome 8 games out of the year in Houston. Much better than in Chi-town, where he would look amazing in Sept and like a Pop Warner QB in Dec/Jan.

Really? His team took HIM to the SB, but Wrecks is toast. Didn't have it, ain't got it and doesn't look likely to get it anytime in the future. How was this the Texans best option?

Aight, good point. But he was on a SB team. That should count for something. Does he have a injury history or something?

If he can get a good team around him (like Andre Johnson) and stop throwing so many pics then he could be a good pickup for the Texans.

Archived