Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft 10 Players From The NFC East To Build Your Team...

there are no "sure thing" WRs, QBs, or RBs in the NFCE that are young enough to build a team around, so my team doesn't have any.

Defense:

DT - Albert Haynesworth (Redskins)

DE - Justin Tuck (Giants), Osi Umenyiora (Giants)

CB - DeAngelo Hall (Redskins), Carlos Rogers (Redskins)

FS - LaRon Landry (Redskins)

Offense:

LT - Chris Samuels (Redskins)

RG - Shawn Andrews (Eagles)

TE - Jason Witten (Cowboys)

Samuels and Rogers are question marks. Samuels is a bit old, so anything beyond three years is a stretch. Arguments could be made for Webster over Rogers. even though Rogers is better than Hall, if Landry's on the team, then Hall's playmaking skills can be put to best use without risking giving up big plays.

i would like to put Cooley over Witten, since they bring almost exactly the same abilities to the table, but since my team doesn't have any WRs, it needs a guy who's used to catching a ton of balls per game.

You only have 9. Too many Redskins, too many Redskins cornerbacks

IF Felix the Cat can stay healthy, he will be nothing more than a scat back with limited carries

I am kind of inclined to agree with you. I cannot envision him being a full time back. He doesn't seem to have the build that other RBs do.

Choice, on the other hand.... has the right build.

Simply put, if I'm building a team I'm going to focus on the lines first and foremost. There's TONS of talent in the trenches in the NFC East and a 4-3 defense seems like the best way to take advantage of that.

Defense:

DE - Osi Umenyiora

DT/DE - Justin Tuck

DT - Albert Haynesworth

DE - Trent Cole

Offense:

T - Chris Samuels

G - Shawn Andrews

G - Chris Snee

T - Jason Peters

RB - Brandon Jacobs

RB - Felix Jones

On the offensive side of the ball I couldn't really think of a standout center, so I opted to grab two running backs instead. Portis is still the best all-around back in the league (durability ruling Westbrook out) in my opinion but the combined powers of a Jacobs and Jones tandem are too good to pass up, particularly considering they each have less mileage on them than the other feature backs.

Oh I read it but I dont see how you can want to have Jones over Westbrook if you are counting durability. Didnt Jones end up on the bench injured in his rookie season? Whats durable about that?

And CP just because the guy IS durable and better then Jones in every way.

Oh I read it but I dont see how you can want to have Jones over Westbrook if you are counting durability. Didnt Jones end up on the bench injured in his rookie season? Whats durable about that?

And CP just because the guy IS durable and better then Jones in every way.

Jones doesn't have the same history of injury that Westbrook has, which is really the only thing stopping me from taking him. I also think that if you're going to choose Portis that you absolutely do NOT want to pair him up in the same way that you pair up Barber and Jones or Jacobs and Ward/Bradshaw/whoever. He just gets stronger the more touches he gets.

Jones doesn't have the same history of injury that Westbrook has, which is really the only thing stopping me from taking him. I also think that if you're going to choose Portis that you absolutely do NOT want to pair him up in the same way that you pair up Barber and Jones or Jacobs and Ward/Bradshaw/whoever. He just gets stronger the more touches he gets.

dunno man, 1 year 1 year out with injury is a pretty bad way to start your career. the guy barely did anything on the field and ended up having to sit out the rest of the year.

portis is still better in there too then jones even though you are right. he does get stronger with carries but that doesnt mean he doesnt start off better then jones already.

dunno man, 1 year 1 year out with injury is a pretty bad way to start your career. the guy barely did anything on the field and ended up having to sit out the rest of the year.

portis is still better in there too then jones even though you are right. he does get stronger with carries but that doesnt mean he doesnt start off better then jones already.

Well, I'm either taking Portis and some other player (Ware, Witten, and Cooley being likely candidates) or I'm going Jacobs/Jones. From a pure what-if standpoint I find the latter more intriguing.

What... you don't think Eli will have an MVP-Caliber season this year like Mosley is predicting? :D

Will he be the Eli we saw sans Plax or the Eli that won the Super Bowl with Plax and an extremely special defense?

Smart money says he will be closer to the former.

you would take felix jones over clinton portis or westbrook?

youre kidding, right?

Well the original premise of the thread was to a build a team to compete for the next 3 years. Both portis and westbrook are approaching an age where RB skills start to decline. Portis will be 28 this year and westbrook will be 30. An argument could be made that Jones has a better chance of being more productive in 3 years time.

That is also why I am surprised so many people have listed Fletcher as one of their choices. I'd honestly skip MLB in my list (b/c there isn't a dominant younger one in the NFC East).

My List:

DE: Osi

DT/DE hybrid: Tuck

DE/LB: Ware (its a 4-3)

DT: Haynesworth

G: Snee

T: Samuels

T: Peters

CB: Corey Webster

QB: Manning

RB: Jacobs

QB & RB are the 2 positions I wasn't so sure about. McNabb was a contender, but the whole "3 year clause" caused me to go with Manning. I was debating going w/o an RB b/c I consider them a dime a dozen, but Jacobs does have a unique build that he brings to the table.

Simply put, if I'm building a team I'm going to focus on the lines first and foremost. There's TONS of talent in the trenches in the NFC East and a 4-3 defense seems like the best way to take advantage of that.

Defense:

DE - Osi Umenyiora

DT/DE - Justin Tuck

DT - Albert Haynesworth

DE - Trent Cole

Offense:

T - Chris Samuels

G - Shawn Andrews

G - Chris Snee

T - Jason Peters

RB - Brandon Jacobs

RB - Felix Jones

I'd toss out both of those running backs and add in either Landry or Samuel on defense, and either Cooley or Witten on offense.

Archived