Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Waitlist?

TimmySmith

Every few days there is a new ticket thread, each one proves a little something different about the about the esoteric system of doling out tickets.

Here is a new one.

I gave up my tickets last year. Got smart in my opinion. I still went to games last year, getting tickets outside for under face. Never officially gave them up, just failed to send in money. Never received an invoice this year......until yesterday. My same seats, with 2 parking passes (only had 1 before). So exactly where does the waitlist come into play? Who knows? Every time I hear someone crow about getting off of it, I chuckle.

Anyway, $3200 for 5 season tickets (cheap seats, obviously) and 2 parking passes has still always been a pretty good deal. Just more than I am going to pay. If someone is desperate for tix and has the dough, I'll pass em on. If not, I'll let them lapse again. Please do not ask about the parking passes.

nothing new here, seems that I recall the TO gives the STH 2 years before the tickets are "officially" given up. Same as when you get your letter for the 1st time. I could be wrong but I do believe thats the way the TO handles these situations.

I gave up my tickets last year. Got smart in my opinion. I still went to games last year, getting tickets outside for under face. Never officially gave them up, just failed to send in money. Never received an invoice this year......until yesterday. My same seats, with 2 parking passes (only had 1 before). So exactly where does the waitlist come into play? Who knows? Every time I hear someone crow about getting off of it, I chuckle.
nothing new here, seems that I recall the TO gives the STH 2 years before the tickets are "officially" given up. Same as when you get your letter for the 1st time. I could be wrong but I do believe thats the way the TO handles these situations.

They hold the same seats for two years and add a parking pass? So, for two years, those seats are held vacant - or they are forfeited by whoever was using them in the original STH's absence when he decides to re-op? That sounds like a new one to me.

They hold the same seats for two years and add a parking pass? So, for two years, those seats are held vacant - or they are forfeited by whoever was using them in the original STH's absence when he decides to re-op? That sounds like a new one to me.

Hey, that makes sense..... I said I could be wrong!

* disclaimer - I am on vicodin this morning :)

My guess is they added the pass because I qualify for 2 and whats overcrowding the lot when they can make an extra $350. My guess for the tix is that the person who bought them last year (if there was one) has not gotten his form in, so they sent one to them, to me, and to a new person on the waitlist and it's first come first served.

I gave up my tickets last year. Got smart in my opinion. I still went to games last year, getting tickets outside for under face. Never officially gave them up, just failed to send in money.

That's exactly what I did this year. I plan on going to all the games, I just didn't get season tix this year. It was a hard sell with the wife, because she still wants to go to all the games (except preseason), and isn't convinced I can pull it off. I keep telling her it's just not hard to get tickets.

If anyone has a red parking pass for the season, you can send me a PM and a price.

They hold the same seats for two years?

If true, it further validates my theory.

There are thousands upon thousands of vacant seats in that place each year. Most of the vacancies are in the upper deck, and this year will be an all time high.

There are simply more seats at Fedex than there are people who wish to buy season tickets. The TO knows this, and they're ok with it.

The vacancies are peppered throughout the seating bowls, rather than clustered in the corners like most other stadiums that don't sell out. It looks better on tv to have every section occupied instead of empty sections like you see in Jax, Oak, etc.

Just a theory, not necessarily fact.

If true, it further validates my theory.

There are thousands upon thousands of GA vacancies in that place which are never assigned to STHs. Most of the vacancies are in the upper deck, and this year will be an all time high.

There are simply more seats at Fedex than there are people who wish to buy season tickets. The TO knows this, and they're ok with it.

The vacancies are peppered throughout the seating bowls, rather than clustered in the corners like most other stadiums that don't sell out. It looks better on tv to have every section occupied instead of empty sections like you see in Jax, Oak, etc.

Just a theory, not necessarily fact.

RFKFedEx:

I can tell you while I was there, the upper level was completely sold out (except for a few singles). I cannot speak for this season or last however

But CB00, would you rule out the possibility of 400 level seats remining vacant throughout an entire season, if unsold b/f the start of preseason?

So some people can read the text in my post, just not me.

But CB00, would you rule out the possibility of 400 level seats remining vacant throughout an entire season, if unsold b/f the start of preseason?

I would not rule it out....but at the same time the team would then have to pay the league the portion of the shared revenue for those seats in order to avoid having blackouts. Also, I think they would try to sell as many of those tickets on a "partial season ticket basis" to those on the waitlist or as single game tickets before they just let them sit empty.

I know that the Rams did this for a while a few years back, but the game on Christmas Eve that we played there that year was not sold out and they chose for the first time not to eat that cost.

was not sold out and they chose for the first time not to eat that cost.

Now by 'eating the cost' do you mean that the Rams had to cut a check to the Redskins to cover the visiting team's portion of the revenue that the unsold seats would have generated?

I've long theorized that it makes better business sense to pay the visiting team their allotment than to publicly admit that a game is not sold out, thus opening the door for home tv blackouts.

Now by 'eating the cost' do you mean that the Rams had to cut a check to the Redskins to cover the visiting team's portion of the revenue that the unsold seats would have generated?

I've long theorized that it makes better business sense to pay the visiting team their allotment than to publicly admit that a game is not sold out, thus opening the door for home tv blackouts.

That is basically what i mean, although it is handled differently. I think thats why the Rams were willing to pay that cost for most of that season. However, by the end of the year, when the team had no shot at the playoffs and the fams had all but given up, the team had more seats available than they felt it was worth to eat the cost of. Also, they may have been using it to show their market that they were willing to let the games be blacked out if fans werent willing to buy the tickets. Maybe trying to convince them to buy? I dunno.

Why do I lose the text when I cut-n-paiste?
If you're using Advanced Editor Mode, that might be your problem.

Try changing to Standard Editor mode:

Click on your User CP, then click on Edit Options.

Scroll down to the bottom where it says

Message Editor Interface

If it's Enhanced Editor with WYSIWYG, that might be your problem.

Make sure the Editor you're using is either Basic Editor or Standard Editor.

Click the Save Changes button.

I opted-out of my tickets (by not sending in payment) two seasons ago and never heard a word from the team.

Until today.

M letter started out with "We want you back", and ended with a due date of LAST CHANCE (their capitalization.)

I believe in a huge waiting list less than I believe in the Loch Ness monster.

I canceled my season tickets 2 years ago when I realized that the non-ticket holders that rode to the game with me were routinely getting uppers for less than $20 in the parking lot. Hard to justify paying 3 or 4x that amount up front, especially when the team only wins about half their games at home.

I opted-out of my tickets (by not sending in payment) two seasons ago and never heard a word from the team.

Until today.

M letter started out with "We want you back", and ended with a due date of LAST CHANCE (their capitalization.)

I believe in a huge waiting list less than I believe in the Loch Ness monster.

I got the same letter today...I also gave up my tickets 2 years ago.

I got the same letter today...I also gave up my tickets 2 years ago.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb...

With the waitlist, they've got a conversion rate of X

Going after former season tix holders, obviously, they're going to be more serious buyers, and they might have a conversion rate of Y (where Y is greater than X)

Therefore they might offer you your "same tickets", but then they'll say "well we hadn't processed upgrades yet, so your seats are better this year" which would allow them to find seats that are either closer to the 50 or in a lower row further away from the 50...

You probably wouldn't be able to get your old seats back if you wanted to because they're already sold.

But my guess is that the 200,000 person waitlist is probably about 18,000 serious waiters and 172,000 people who "are planning for tickets further down the road"

I believe the waiting list is no more. I signed up for waiting list back in '95 and got seats in section 408, row 28 last year. I had forgotten that I signed up for the waiting list in '95 and signed up again in '03. Got my 2nd congratulation letter for ’03 only 4 months after I got my tickets from my '95 request. This year I only purchase 2 sets instead of 6; hoping to move down a little. I reserved 4 seats for some of my wife’s friends with my ‘03 account. Friday, I get a call and they had a block of 7; Section 408, row 2. Was able to move my wife’s 4 friends, from my ’03 reserve account; to my active. Tell me that this wasn't a major jump. All in just 1 year of having season tickets. The many years of losing and the economy are having a major effect on the waiting list. Worked out great for me though. Thought it would take me a decade to move down so fast.

:dallasuck

Archived