Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Zorn Discusses Jansen Decision

JaimeDeCurry

"But to me, in evaluating the situation with Joe, with Sherman, myself, just sitting down and talking about and watching, I didn't see a difference [from last season]. I'm looking for differences. 'Okay, this is different, and that's different.' I didn't necessarily see that."

Thank God. Finally, accountability, and the wherewithall to make proper evaluations and adjustments.

I love Jansen, but he has not performed to the level one would expect; not to mention, he's just getting older and less reliable.

Still would have been better to say. "Jansen was a great player for the Redskins. He contributed greatly while he was here...battled through two broken thumbs at the same time to not miss any playing time. We really appreciate what he did here, and we wish him the best."

PERIOD.

I still think Zorn has a player mentality...and should keep any negativity about Skins players to himself.

But, that's just me.

I think that quote would be more appropriate to expect from a press release or from someone like Cerrato/Snyder. Zorn was here for one season and may not even know about the sacrifices that Jansen made 3 or 4 years ago.

He's the current coach, not the face of the franchise over the past decade. Snyder or some other team spokesperson can add the fluff, the coach addressed the situation in a respectful and appropriate manner.

I think that quote would be more appropriate to expect from a press release or from someone like Cerrato/Snyder. Zorn was here for one season and may not even know about the sacrifices that Jansen made 3 or 4 years ago.

He's the current coach, not the face of the franchise over the past decade. Snyder or some other team spokesperson can add the fluff, the coach addressed the situation in a respectful and appropriate manner.

I agree. I can't think of a better way he could have handled this situation.

"But to me, in evaluating the situation with Joe, with Sherman, myself, just sitting down and talking about and watching, I didn't see a difference [from last season]. I'm looking for differences. 'Okay, this is different, and that's different.' I didn't necessarily see that."

Thank God. Finally, accountability, and the wherewithall to make proper evaluations and adjustments.

I love Jansen, but he has not performed to the level one would expect; not to mention, he's just getting older and less reliable.

I agree in full. Jansen was a 1999 pick. It's 2009. He came in, he did his job well, he suffered a major injury and came back. He always showed heart, but age and wear will always win in the end regardless of how good a player ever was. Would any of you want Monk as our number one right now? It's not a knock on his ability as a player; it's reality.

As for the accountability, I never thought that I would see that from this team. Zorn was neither insulting nor coddling; he was honest. That's something I'd love to see more of.

Archived