Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Don’t rule out Redskins’ pursuit of Michael Vick (pure conjecture)

JimmiJo

Which FIVE of these cartoons are the best?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Which FIVE of these cartoons are the best?

• Dennis the Menace (1980's version)
    • Garfield and Friends
    • Mask
    • Rugrats
    • Captain Planet
    • Recess
    • Beetlejuice
    • The Pink Panther Show
    • The Jetsons
    • Wait Till Your Father Gets Home

I say take the chance. Bring him into camp at let him be 3rd string.

Let him get back in shape this year. Use him with Randle El in a few Wildcat type plays.

If he shows progress, and #17 fails again, give him a chance to be the QB.

Why not?

He's a crappy QB. Personally if Campbell has a bad season and it's not because we have a bad Oline of WR's, I'd give Brennan a shot over an inaccurate QB like Vick.

1-Vick is not an upgrade over campbell, he is a superlative athlete who has never shown anything more than an ability to scramble and a laser beam arm that is not even remotely accurate. He leaves ATL and suddenly ATL has a receiver core that looks good? he is impossible to coach up because his entire life he has gotten by on great athleticism, so he has crap mechanics and no ability to read a defence, he is the stereotypical Black QB both good and bad.

2-The Skins have a habit of signing big names however recently we have shown a far better eye at finding guys who fit what our scheme needs and less attraction to big names, people point at Hayneworths deal but thats stupid because 1-Haynesworth is YOUNG, 2- he was a contender for MVP and 3-he fit a hug NEED. so No we didnt just sign a name we signed a YOUNG GREAT player who filled a NEED. yeah we broke the bank but we are banking on building around him for the next 5 seasons.

1-Vick is not an upgrade over campbell, he is a superlative athlete who has never shown anything more than an ability to scramble and a laser beam arm that is not even remotely accurate. He leaves ATL and suddenly ATL has a receiver core that looks good? he is impossible to coach up because his entire life he has gotten by on great athleticism, so he has crap mechanics and no ability to read a defence, he is the stereotypical Black QB both good and bad.

Michael Vick pre-jail is definitely an upgrade over Jason Campbell. If you look at the Falcons record with and without Michael Vick, he's helped the Falcons win, period. As for the receivers, it probably has more to do with the emergence of Roddy White in the magical year three, and also that Matt Ryan is better than Michael Vick.

Michael Vick pre-jail is definitely an upgrade over Jason Campbell. If you look at the Falcons record with and without Michael Vick, he's helped the Falcons win, period. As for the receivers, it probably has more to do with the emergence of Roddy White in the magical year three, and also that Matt Ryan is better than Michael Vick.

Whether or not Matt Ryan is actually better than Michael Vick remains to be seen.

I don't really think the Skins will actively go after Vick. Sure there was the Cutler thing, but he's a pro-bowler, and there was the Mark Sanchez thing, but for some reason everyone fell under his spell; I think they'll just stick with what they have.

Well I say sign him, this team isn't on the brink of a Super Bowl...We need to upgrade/add to the talent at every position on the Football field except maybe DB...

I was at the 06' game that Michael Vick single handedly beat us at Fed-Ex, and the guy is a good QB...The throws and runs he made that game were ridiculous...Does he need work sure...We have Coach Z the QB guru for that, plus we have JC still as the starter...

Also Vick is very familiar w/the WCO...He ran it for like 3yrs in Atlanta...

You are kidding right? Vick pre Jail was about as overrated a QB as ive seen in the NFL. Id take a game manager like Campbell over a wild card who costs you games anyday. Look at the stats that the qb actually affects and Vicks were not that good. ATL won games because they had a decent defence and an OK running game not because of Vick.

You are kidding right? Vick pre Jail was about as overrated a QB as ive seen in the NFL. Id take a game manager like Campbell over a wild card who costs you games anyday. Look at the stats that the qb actually affects and Vicks were not that good. ATL won games because they had a decent defence and an OK running game not because of Vick.

Atlanta had a decent defense? I know I haven't been watching football for long, but that's hard to believe.

Vick was a massive part of their running game, and their defense was ranked 30, 19, 32, 14, 22, 22. You are kidding, right?

I don't know if Vick would be a good fit at QB at this point for the team but I know that if he possesses most of the talents that he had pre-convictions that he can help somewhere.

I think that it has been misconcieved that he is only a certain type of QB because of the rushing yards that he have had. But you don't get over 1000 yards rushing without a number of the plays being designed for him to run and that would lie more on the coaches decision (the yards were NOT all off the scramble). I think that they were trying to utilize all the talents that he has.

I don't think that most QB's coming out of college, without the proper training will automatically excel in the passing game. If they wanted him to pass a hella lot, that's where the onus should have been placed in his progression as an NFL QB.

Well I say sign him, this team isn't on the brink of a Super Bowl...We need to upgrade/add to the talent at every position on the Football field except maybe DB...

I was at the 06' game that Michael Vick single handedly beat us at Fed-Ex, and the guy is a good QB...The throws and runs he made that game were ridiculous...Does he need work sure...We have Coach Z the QB guru for that, plus we have JC still as the starter...

Also Vick is very familiar w/the WCO...He ran it for like 3yrs in Atlanta...

^^ I should have stopped reading after "Well I say sign him..." But read on. And to my horror read, "the guy is a good QB"...:doh:

Vick was a massive part of their running game, and their defense was ranked 30, 19, 32, 14, 22, 22. You are kidding, right?

aside from their idiocy in trying to move to a 3-4 they actually had a middle of the pack defence and a good running game, yes Vick was part of that but his passing WHICH IS WHAT QBS ON GOOD TEAMS DOwas never very good I think his best season was a high 50%. ATL relied on turnovers (something they were actually decent at) and running the ball. Vick would not be a good fit here and frankly he is a terrible passer.

I don't think so. Vinnie already said No on Saturday.

I am pretty sure that darn near every team would say "no" at this point but once the NFL decides to re-instate him, watch how things change.

I do not know if Vinnie will or will not be one of the ones but I can gaurantee that there will be a majority trying to see what he has left.

^^ I should have stopped reading after "Well I say sign him..." But read on. And to my horror read, "the guy is a good QB"...:doh:

He took his team to the paloffs and even to an NFC Championship game w/nothing but Warrick Dunn and Alge Crumpler on O...So yeah he was "good"...I didn't say great, I didn't say a HoF'er...Just good...

A) I dont think Zorn would like Vick seeing as he is so flawed as a passer, and probably wont be able to execute the offense the way Zorn wants.

B) Zorn has stated numerous times that he doesnt see a place for the wildcat on our team, and he isnt really a "gadget" guy, so that leaves that angle out for Vick

We don't need Vick. Even without his problems, we don't need Vick. Totally wrong style of play for the NFL, the defensive players are way too fast now.

Yeah, defensive players got a lot faster in the past 2-3 years since he ran for 1000 yards and took his average team to the NFCCG.

He took his team to the paloffs and even to an NFC Championship game w/nothing but Warrick Dunn and Alge Crumpler on O...So yeah he was "good"...I didn't say great, I didn't say a HoF'er...Just good...

He wasn't a "good" QB. He was a good "running back", playing the QB position. Good QBs don't get their head coaches fired. Good QBs have a higher completion%. I could go on and on.

Yeah, defensive players got a lot faster in the past 2-3 years since he ran for 1000 yards and took his average team to the NFCCG.

does this team need a 1000yd rushing qb? the year he did that atl went 7-9.

check his stats, they arent all that great. def may not be faster, however, why couldnt they have learned to scheme better to force him into a pocket passer which he wasnt good at? plus, he hasnt played in years, and may not even be eligable any time soon either. as much as jason takes sacks, vick was hit more, sacked more, fumbled more, threw more picks, no thanks.

Archived