Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Don’t rule out Redskins’ pursuit of Michael Vick (pure conjecture)

JimmiJo

Which FIVE of these cartoons are the best?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Which FIVE of these cartoons are the best?

• Dennis the Menace (1980's version)
    • Garfield and Friends
    • Mask
    • Rugrats
    • Captain Planet
    • Recess
    • Beetlejuice
    • The Pink Panther Show
    • The Jetsons
    • Wait Till Your Father Gets Home

If you're talking about Stallworth. Well, im probably 100% sure he didn't intend to kill that pedestarian. Does that make him any less responsible? No. But I do think there's a difference. Vick DID intend to harm those animals. I don't think anyone values the life of an animal over another human being, if that's what you're implying.

Btw, the scorpion comparison was really lame. No need to discuss that.

As for OJ? Well, yes, he likely wasn't innocent. But I don't necessarily feel that Lewis was guilty. Those were two different cases. Lewis was just quilty by association, if anything.

You are right... animal rights should only go for animals you deem cute and cuddly. If someone walked in and took my scorpion and tortured and killed it, I apparently should have no right to press charges on that man.

Also, when you get drunk and decide to put yourself behind the wheel, you ARE intending to do whatever it is that happens thereafter. YOU make that decision. YOU endanger your life and the lives around you.

I worked at the Richmond SPCA and there were tons of APBTs there. I worked with many of them and in my experience, though they usually are incredibly affectionate with their owners, the vast majority of APBTs and Amstaffs would fight with another dog(especially if it was the same breed and gender) without any encouragement regardless of how well they are taken care of or whether or not their owner was in any danger. Now they aren't the only breeds that will do this, but it's simply untrue to say that that Pits only attack out of "blind affection."

Maybe you are willing to be judge, jury, and executioner, but I believe that he's innocent until proven guilty. He was convicted of animal cruelty and I'm not trying to excuse his crime. He was not convicted of "attacking people," "pimping" or "burglarizing"; he served his time, and if he wants to throw a pigskin around and someone is willing to pay him to do it then let him.

I don't know what owner is going to be willing to deal with all of the negativity that hiring him would entail, but if someone (who isn't Steve Biscotti) puts him on their roster I won't lose sleep over it.

1) Most of the pit bulls you see at a shelter were encouraged to fight prior to coming to the shelter. I've seen no more natural aggressiveness out of pits we've had from birth than from other bigger breeds, like chows and rotts. They will, however, try to come between their owners and other pets in the household because they crave affection.

2) I'm glad the Richmond SPCA takes in pits, most shelters won't because they're hard to get adopted.

3) I didn't convict Vick of being anything other than a jerk. But dog fights are not frequented by people who just want to have a night out on the town. They are people who love and crave violence. The idea that Vick should be excused because there are worse people in the NFL doesn't do much for me. This was a ring financed by Vick. It wasn't a spurious irrational act. It was a carefully run organizaton financed by someone who lived at the upper echelon of society.

4) Not everyone gets to play professional sports. Football was no worse off when Vick left football. No one in Atlanta wants him back. The sport is a lot bigger than Michael Vick. He had an owner that loved him like a son and he blew it. I have no remorse for him whatsoever.

... Does anyone know who ever got a stiffer penalty than Vick, spending two years of his life in prison, losing over 200 million and his job and exposed throughout the nation for an animal cruelty charge?...

I am not going to even mention any sports personalities but Tolley Carr, a news anchor, killed a young man 2 years ago while driving drunk, he knew that he was drinking and after consuming "13-23 drinks....

In both Vick's and Carr's case, they went through the system, served their sentences and now are able to continue productive lives in any profession that will allow them to do so.

I doubt Tolley Carr will be getting a news anchor job anytime soon, at least not in a major market. He's a lot more replaceable than Michael Vick. Vicks problem is that his skills are mediocre at best, so the offense has to be built around his athleticism. Not many owners are going to (1) pay big bucks, (2) totally change their offense and (3) take non-stop criticism for Michael Vick. Too bad for MV, he's in a profession which makes money by putting people in seats and by having your name on other peoples backs. I doubt he has many other skills, so he should have been more carefully in the profession that paid him tens of millions per year.

Vick was definitely wrong for what he did, there's no excuse for breaking the law, whatever it is ...period!!...but I do not think that he deserves a life sentence for what he did.

Does anyone know who ever got a stiffer penalty than Vick, spending two years of his life in prison, losing over 200 million and his job and exposed throughout the nation for an animal cruelty charge?...

I am not going to even mention any sports personalities but Tolley Carr, a news anchor, killed a young man 2 years ago while driving drunk, he knew that he was drinking and after consuming "13-23 drinks", I am sure that he knew that he was drunk and was a lethal weapon on the streets but he drove anyways and killed a man. He may not have set out to do it but after driving around barracades meant for people to stop at and to take another route, he ran over this gentleman but after only 2 years, he is out of jail, a free man and from what I am reading, is going to continue his career in journalism in some capacity.

Who knows why penalties are set by judges and why some people's are,seemingly less than others?...But we, the people vote on who are setting and administering these laws and punishments.

In both Vick's and Carr's case, they went through the system, served their sentences and now are able to continue productive lives in any profession that will allow them to do so.

leonard little fits this arg... and he is STILL in the nfl, and his suspension: 8 games (got 90 days for killing a mom). how would folks feel if the team would have signed that guy when he was an fa in like 2006 or so?

hmm, my dog used to fight the neighbors dog when I was younger, I guess I'll murder somebody one day.

Anyways I doubt this Vick thing will happen. Vick is 30, not very accurate, and I wouldn't want Peta or the tree huggers or vegetarian super friends protesting Skins games.

I will make a final decision if the day ever comes that the Redskins sign Vick, but this could be the only thing that would stop me from watching Redskin football and buying Redskin gear, and yes, I would picket outside the stadium. I love this team more than I can say. I grew up as a diehard fan while living in NY and endured a lot, but I still had my room filled with many posters of Redskins, painted my nails burgundy and gold, etc. However, some things are more important than football, and I never could support someone who intentionally inflicted serious harm on others, whether human or nonhuman animals. Even worse, Vick did this repeatedly and knowingly. No, I never could support a team on which he plays. If he re-signs in the NFL, I'll hate whatever team where he plays as much as I hate the Cowboys. If it's the Redskins, I couldn't hate them, but I could not support him or any team with which Vick is associated, even my beloved Redskins.

Spade, did you intentionally instigate fights between your dog and the neighbor's dog? Did you cheer as they were biting each other with such severe wounds that one was likely to die? Did you view this as fun and games? Did you train your dog to attack so viciously, and then issue the attack command just for the fun of watching your dog try to shred apart another dog? Did you view your dog as disposable, so you were hoping your dog won the fight, but it's OK if it got mauled so badly that it died? If not, there's a difference between you and what Vick did.

Finally, Spade, I love the "vegetarian super friend" comment! I'm making that one my sig. You make me sound like a super hero!

You are right... animal rights should only go for animals you deem cute and cuddly. If someone walked in and took my scorpion and tortured and killed it, I apparently should have no right to press charges on that man.

Also, when you get drunk and decide to put yourself behind the wheel, you ARE intending to do whatever it is that happens thereafter. YOU make that decision. YOU endanger your life and the lives around you.

Did you even read my post?

I think alot of folks are forgetting that the reason Vick got so much time is because of the crossing state lines thing, running this ring. I could be wrong, but I think that's what got him the stiffest sentence. Not the animal cruelty aspect of it.

Point taken but the thing is that time was served and there is nothing left for him to pay.... sentence-wise.

Now its up to who want to employ him, whether it's, "McDonalds", the NFL, or more specifically the Redskins. If its the choice of the orginization and in the rights of the law, he should be able to resume living his life and work with whomever allows him to do so.

Point taken but the thing is that time was served and there is nothing left for him to pay.... sentence-wise.

Now its up to who want to employ him, whether it's, "McDonalds", the NFL, or more specifically the Redskins. If its the choice of the orginization and in the rights of the law, he should be able to resume living his life and work with whomever allows him to do so.

I don't disagree at all with this. I was just saying that I had no problem with the two year sentence, like so many others here do.

And, of course, I want no part of him in this organization.;)

Did you even read my post?

Yes, you made a lot of blind rationalization as to why a dog is seemingly more important than another animal, thus showing your bias of the situation.

He did something obviously wrong, however, the point being is, someone who kills a person while driving drunk is committing a murder, not a blind accident.

Michael Vick did not murder someone, he killed some dogs.

i agree, he is not worthy of wearing this uniform, and if he was to become a skin, i would seriously consider following another team. Not just because of him but because of Dan Snyder who would allow him to play here. Lets not forget the middle finger to his fans and loyal supporters in Atlanta, is that the type of person we want playing on this team? NO, HELL NO. I will always love the skins, but this would be the icing on the "SNYDER IS AN IDIOT" cake. Snyder has done so much to bring this proud franchise to the bottom, I just couldn't continue to support his idiocy if this were to happen

Finally, Spade, I love the "vegetarian super friend" comment! I'm making that one my sig. You make me sound like a super hero!

Lol maybe I should have trademarked it before I said it, anyways Vick did his time, he's 10 mill in debt, he works for a construction company, there is pretty much nothing else you can do to the man but give him a second chance. (unless you want to kill him) Didn't we have a drug dealer whooping the Cowboys on Monday night football in 87? (I heard plenty of cheers when watching it on NFLN) Only reason I wouldn't want Vick is because he wasn't very accurate cause he was to short and his legs are getting old, but would I turn on the team if they sign him? Nope.

Archived