Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Thomas Knows 'Pressure Is On' (Thomas/Campbell practice tidbits)

#98QBKiller

Think he could be saying that just to cover his ass?

I dont think its as much CYOA as it is comparable to a mother choosing her kid's side in an argument.

What do you call this? Personal bias?

Another analogy: Loving your dog more than another's?

The June camp is almost here.

In 3 weeks Kelly will let me know if he will contribute or not.

He will "let you know"?

You act as if he'll be giving you a personal call on your cell. Why do you think you are so important? It truly is frustrating.

STOP trying to act like you are ****ing hired by Vinny Cerrato. You AREN'T. You are posting on a message board not writing up scouting reports for an NFL team.

Don't overvalue your opinion.

:doh:

It's funny I guess. I was never disappointed in the young guys lack of production this past season. And young Mr. Thomas explained why,(to a certain extent),in this article. I didn't expect anything really. At least not too much. This season, I still don't expect a lot,(which is not shot at him or his ability),but I do expect some improvement. And I think we'll see it. That's a good thing. Duh.

It's funny I guess. I was never disappointed in the young guys lack of production this past season. And young Mr. Thomas explained why,(to a certain extent),in this article. I didn't expect anything really. At least not too much. This season, I still don't expect a lot,(which is not shot at him or his ability),but I do expect some improvement. And I think we'll see it. That's a good thing. Duh.

Honestly, it is unfair to expect a 2nd year WR to produce big numbers.

That said, I think he HAS to show at least some of his huge potential this year or there could be issues with his career in Washington.

This may be a stretch, but think about this: If Devin Thomas (Or Kelly/Davis) don't step up this year, we are in for a rough time on offense. Therefore, most likely leading us to a sub-par year (another 8-8 campaign).

If we don't take this team to the next level (AT LEAST a playoff birth) then Dan Snyder may change the coaching regime. If we get new coaches don't expect them to be as enthralled with the old regime's players (Thomas, Kelly, and Davis). I think we've seen this over and over again around the league; Coach gets fired, new Coach brings in "his" guys and cleans house.

I know we say this every year, but this really is a "make or break" year for us.

I think we've seen this over and over again around the league; Coach gets fired, new Coach brings in "his" guys and cleans house.

I know we say this every year, but this really is a "make or break" year for us.

What do you mean around the league? It happens here every 2 years or so. Even adding Al Saunders, and him then not being able to use his guy. You think that contributed to Gibbs saying **** it when he found out, only due to injury, that Collins really was the guy who should have started for 2 years?

Thats why Zorn should get at least 3-4 years. After 3-4 years we can all say, yep, it really did fail, Vinny and Snyder really do need a GM to run things. Not only would it prove they couldn't get the personnel but also the coaches to run the 4th offensive scheme since Marty Schottenheimer was fired for this exact same reason when he actually was turning it around.

I agree with several posters, if Devin Thomas does not put up huge numbers that is not really on him. He was always a project, and is only a 2nd year wide receiver.

I definetly agree about the struggles of the youth, but I'll be very concerned if either Thomas or Kelly take steps backward, whether it be injury or inconsistency

Thomas is going to put up big numbers this year. Hes our most explosive player on offense and he will prove it this year. Not next year....This year. I hope.

Man I hope you're right. I couldn't even tell you the last time we developed a wide reciever on our own that went on to have a decent career. Definetly nobody after Desmond Howard

Archived