Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schein say's Skins will finish last. Unless Jason gets help at WR.

clskinsfan

Anyway, this Schein clown is a ****ing idiot anyway.

He predicted the Pukes and the Chargers in the Super Bowl last year. So in other words he believes that teams ran by Norv ****ing Turner, and Wade Phillips could actually get to the postseason and then win all of their playoff games. When has this ever happened in the past? Both these coaches are just about money to LOSE most games Post November and all games in January.

I don't see how we have now or did have the best receiving corps in the division.

With TO gone from Dallas, and Plax gone from NY, I don't see how we don't have the best receivers. We surely have the highest paid, and the highest drafted. Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Thomas, Kelly, Davis.

Brunell was able to take us to the playoffs with whom, exactly, opposite Moss after Patten went down....scrubs like Farris who didn't even belong on a roster, much less starting. Randle El may not be a world beater, but he is good enough to keep defenses honest. The real question is will Campbell make the leap to be able to get through his progressions quickly enough so that he can hit his 3rd read when teams key up on Moss and Cooley.

With TO gone from Dallas, and Plax gone from NY, I don't see how we don't have the best receivers. We surely have the highest paid, and the highest drafted. Moss, Randel El, Cooley, Thomas, Kelly, Davis.

As much as i love our guys its pretty thin after Cooley, Moss and ARE

no other receiver has 30+ receptions. Devin, Kelly, Thrash, Thomas did next to nothing last year.

Eagles receiver corps was good last year w/ Curtis missing most of the season and you have to factor Westbrook in when considering their passing game. ( They have 6 receivers with 30+ receptions and 1 with 27)They also have a healthy Reggie Brown who had 61 receptions the year prior and they added Macklin in the draft. The Eagles proved they know how to get production from a rookie WR in their system.

Dallas still has Roy Williams, Witten, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton all with 30+ receptions (which gives them 1 more then us) and they have Tashard Choice, Martellus Bennett and a healthy Felix Jones and a seem to have a high opinion of Miles Austin (they wouldn't trade him to the Jets for a 2nd round pick: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/new_york_jets_visit_with_dalla.html )

With the losses of Plex, Toomer and Ward i agree that we have the edge over the Giants.

But, imo that doesn't give us the best receivering corps.

We have the potential to have the best, but they all have potential.

Brunell was able to take us to the playoffs...

Brunell was a liability for the second half of the 2005 season and in the playoffs. In the first half, he had success with a single-covered Santana. Once teams doubled Moss, Gibbs put the load on the defense and Portis who ran against seven in the box against injury-depleted teams.

Brunell was a liability for the second half of the 2005 season and in the playoffs. In the first half, he had success with a single-covered Santana. Once teams doubled Moss, Gibbs put the load on the defense and Portis who ran against seven in the box against injury-depleted teams.

You mean more like 8 and 9 in the box.

As much as i love our guys its pretty thin after Cooley, Moss and ARE

no other receiver has 30+ receptions. Devin, Kelly, Thrash, Thomas did next to nothing last year.

Eagles receiver corps was good last year w/ Curtis missing most of the season and you have to factor Westbrook in when considering their passing game. ( They have 6 receivers with 30+ receptions and 1 with 27)They also have a healthy Reggie Brown who had 61 receptions the year prior and they added Macklin in the draft. The Eagles proved they know how to get production from a rookie WR in their system.

Dallas still has Roy Williams, Witten, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton all with 30+ receptions (which gives them 1 more then us) and they have Tashard Choice, Martellus Bennett and a healthy Felix Jones and a seem to have a high opinion of Miles Austin (they wouldn't trade him to the Jets for a 2nd round pick: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/new_york_jets_visit_with_dalla.html )

With the losses of Plex, Toomer and Ward i agree that we have the edge over the Giants.

But, imo that doesn't give us the best receivering corps.

We have the potential to have the best, but they all have potential.

and every team you mentioned has a very good QB. all are pro bowlers, one has been to the NFC championship 5 times and a superbowl, one is a super bowl mvp, and the other throws 25+ TDs regularly.

its not a shock patrick crayton looks good in dallas, they have a QB. same with all the scrubs in philly, unless you wanna try and tell me reggie brown and greg lewis were monsters lol. and eli got by fine without plax last year. still went 12-4 without him, throwing to steve smith, amani "god im that old" toomer, and that tall scrub from the broncos practice squad.

these teams receivers look better cause they have good QBs. we dont, which is why our receivers dont do very well.

and we have no edge over NY. they have a franchise QB, and will always have the edge over us. the eagles went years winning the division with nobodies at WR. why? cause mcnabb is a player. campbell isnt.

...these teams receivers look better cause they have good QBs. we dont, which is why our receivers dont do very well...

Which of the following two QBs is the better?

QB A ...rating 117.2

QB B ...rating 87.9

Okay, it's a trick question. The 87.9 mark was Tom Brady, 2006, when he had the worst WRs in the NFL. The 117.2 was Tom Brady, 2007, when he had the best WRs in the NFL.

Let's also note that his rating does not reflect the value of Belichick's QB-friendly scheme or the value of the protection offered by the O line.

His numbers were one-third higher due solely to a better WR corps.

QB A ...rating 117.2

QB B ...rating 87.9

Okay, it's a trick question. The 87.9 mark was Tom Brady, 2006, when he had the worst WRs in the NFL. The 117.2 was Tom Brady, 2007, when he had the best WRs in the NFL.

Let's also note that his rating does not reflect the value of Belichick's QB-friendly scheme or the value of the protection offered by the O line.

Ouch. I got some Bactine for you BLC. That's a hell of a burn.

I don't know about last place, our D will probably keep us out of the basement. But if the 2nd year kids don't step up, then we have THE EXACT SAME OFFENSE as last year. Weak O-line, and no receiving outside of Moss and Cooley, who will be shut-down after a few games when everyone starts double-teaming them. That wasn't good enough for the playoffs last year, and it won't be this year.

If at least one of the kids show up, we just might be a better team and get somewhere. I'm optimistic.

QB A ...rating 117.2

QB B ...rating 87.9

We don't have anywhere close to the worst WRs in the league. So the 33% jump Brady experienced from his WRs going from 32nd to 1st would be much greater than Campbell's jump should our WRs improve from suppose 12th to 1st.

So based on Brady's jump, we could expect Campbell to have a jump of about a third of Brady's. So an 11% jump. Still wouldn't cut it.

QB A ...rating 117.2

QB B ...rating 87.9

In Brady's "bad" season he still threw for like 3500 yds and 25 TD's.

In 2006 Reche Caldwell was their leading receiver with 61 rec. Remind me how many receptions he had in the Campbell-led offense in 2007?

In 2006 Reche Caldwell was their leading receiver with 61 rec. Remind me how many receptions he had in the Campbell-led offense in 2007?

Brady won 3 superbowls with scrub receivers. We have a better receiving corps than any group Brady had to work with in any of his superbowl winning years. Yet some are willing to sell them out just to give JC another pass.

We don't have anywhere close to the worst WRs in the league. So the 33% jump Brady experienced from his WRs going from 32nd to 1st would be much greater than Campbell's jump should our WRs improve from suppose 12th to 1st.

So based on Brady's jump, we could expect Campbell to have a jump of about a third of Brady's. So an 11% jump. Still wouldn't cut it.

Not by itself, but...

Brady's jump didn't include a jump in his performance due to familiarity with the scheme: and Brady's O line didn't suffer injuries to all three OTs in 2006 to knock down his numbers for that year.

wait, how did i get burned? everyone who knows my posts know i think QB rating is the worst and most overrated stat in football. brunell in 2006 had a 90 QB rating when he got benched.

some of you guys are getting sadder and sadder.

its not the receivers fault. again, if youd like to make a case for patrick crayton, reggie brown, steve smith, dominek hixon, miles austin, amani toomer being light years better than antwaan randle el or Smoss, youre just fishing.

great QBs make mediocre WRs look much better. if you put all of those others guys with campbell, theyd all fare exactly how moss or ARE do = nothing spectacular.

Not by itself, but...

Brady's jump didn't include a jump in his performance due to familiarity with the scheme: and Brady's O line didn't suffer injuries to all three OTs in 2006 to knock down his numbers for that year.

So we need to give JC 3 years in the same vanilla offense so he can fully understand it, we need the best WRs in the NFL by far, and the best oline in the NFL by far just to bump him up to a top 5 QB. The guy doesn't have what it takes to make do with the good receivers we already have, the serviceable oline, so lets just spoil him rotten to get him up to speed. Why do we owe him that? Instead of getting an excellent player at the 1 QB position, we need to find the BEST players in all other 10 positions?

He's a better QB on a better team.

I don't recall. He didn't start here.

wait, how did i get burned? everyone who knows my posts know i think QB rating is the worst and most overrated stat in football. brunell in 2006 had a 90 QB rating when he got benched.

some of you guys are getting sadder and sadder.

its not the receivers fault. again, if youd like to make a case for patrick crayton, reggie brown, steve smith, dominek hixon, miles austin, amani toomer being light years better than antwaan randle el or Smoss, youre just fishing.

great QBs make mediocre WRs look much better. if you put all of those others guys with campbell, theyd all fare exactly how moss or ARE do = nothing spectacular.

Well Hallaluhya and I'll be damned! I cannot believe that I am going to agree with Mr. Christmas.

Last year Campbell had problems, no doubt. But as I said his receivers had problems as well, and that contributed. So in that instance, if you had put Patrick Crayton at wide receiver or Steve Smith, or Amani Toomer, or whoever, their stats would also have been poor because Campbell sturggled and becuase the Receivers would have been attempting to learn a new system with new routes and new timng as well.

With that said, take a look at people like Crayton and Smith or Randy Moss or whoever, and see that those guys were all in the same system and surrounded by other guys who were in the same system and a QB who had been in the same system.

I have been telling Mr. Christmas here, for some time, to get off the negative train and just wait for this season to begin and if Campbell does not show signs of improvement almost immediately, then I will let him punch my ticket and I will hop on board the negative train with him.

But as I have said before, the past does not equal the future and having the same system and continuity among the entire team is going to help Jason as well as the coaching staff.. Lets just wait and see...cause we have no choice.;)

So we need to give JC 3 years in the same vanilla offense so he can fully understand it, we need the best WRs in the NFL by far, and the best oline in the NFL by far just to bump him up to a top 5 QB. The guy doesn't have what it takes to make do with the good receivers we already have, the serviceable oline, so lets just spoil him rotten to get him up to speed. Why do we owe him that? Instead of getting an excellent player at the 1 QB position, we need to find the BEST players in all other 10 positions?

No, you just need to be realistic. Jason should improve this year, but he's unlikely to ever be elite. We may have to live with that. Right now, Zorn seems to feel he's the best we have and unless you feel you know more about QBs and our situation than Zorn, that should be all you need to know.

Well Hallaluhya and I'll be damned! I cannot believe that I am going to agree with Mr. Christmas.

Last year Campbell had problems, no doubt. But as I said his receivers had problems as well, and that contributed. So in that instance, if you had put Patrick Crayton at wide receiver or Steve Smith, or Amani Toomer, or whoever, their stats would also have been poor because Campbell sturggled and becuase the Receivers would have been attempting to learn a new system with new routes and new timng as well.

With that said, take a look at people like Crayton and Smith or Randy Moss or whoever, and see that those guys were all in the same system and surrounded by other guys who were in the same system and a QB who had been in the same system.

I have been telling Mr. Christmas here, for some time, to get off the negative train and just wait for this season to begin and if Campbell does not show signs of improvement almost immediately, then I will let him punch my ticket and I will hop on board the negative train with him.

But as I have said before, the past does not equal the future and having the same system and continuity among the entire team is going to help Jason as well as the coaching staff.. Lets just wait and see...cause we have no choice.;)

the past should dictate the future. if i john jumps off a cliff 20 times, and dies all 20 times, logic tells me that on the 21st jump, hes gonna die again. sure, theres always a chance he might not, but reality should be present when making that call.

some of the campbell supporters remind me of the second half of my username. when mary swanson tells him theres a one in a million shot that theyll end up together, he replies with:

"so youre telling me theres a chance!! YEAAAHHH!!!"

Take all of Brady's stats from 2006 and compare them to 2007. The only difference was the WR corps. You, and many on this site, simply overrate the QB's importance and underrate the value of his support system.

Archived