Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True or False: On Paper, the Redskins have a championship defense

SMOSS89

True of False...

On Paper, the Redskins had the best LB corps of all-time in 2003...

all three LBs were Pro Bowlers the year before...

I thought we;ve moved past this kind of analysis.

indeed. this team was winning the sb when they signed carrier/smith/george/etc... lets see how they play for real.

I'd say no. You need 3 stand outs/true pro bowlers on your defense at least. We have Albert Haynesworth now, and London Fletcher...that's about it. I think it's a very good defense, but not a Championship D. As it stands we need a much better strong side linebacker and a true every down pass rushing defensive End. Or at least a true game changing/playmaker... Man, if Sean was still here. then we'd be talkin.

Skins have Pro Bowlers at all three levels of the defense.

Haynesworth, Fletch, and Hall.

I'd agree with you, though, that they are not a champ level type D yet. Not enough consistent pass rushers on this defense so we will have to see if Orakpo can get that done. If he does they are fairly close. Another SAM wouldn't hurt.

:2cents:

The problem is that unless our offense scores more points, are defense is not going to look the same in the 4th quarter as it does in the first half.

Lets face it, this will be what the fifth straight year, since 2004 where our defense is good enough for a superbowl run, and the question mark is the offense.

I think we are relying a hell of a hot on Daniels who is very old' date=' is coming off a serious knee injury, and was not wanted by anyone else.

I think we are going to struggled on D for the first 8 games. Because rookie DEs always take a while to acclimated, people aren't going to be used to Haynesworth, and just because in general.

And then - if Haynesworth stays healthy - the D is going to get very very good for the second half of the year.[/quote']

well im really hoping were not gonna be struggling on defense the first 8. other than depth, i think we can say we're pretty much set. i mean, we have personnel and i guess we're fiddling around with the end and linebacker positions/players but we'll get it in time.

With all these new guys coming in why not? We finally have a corner that can actually catch the ball in D.Hall; we filled the line problem with Fat Al and then drafted arguably the best pass rusher in the draft Mr. Orakpo. Man I can't wait until the season starts our D is going to be something exciting to watch.

So true......look at the Cardinals last season as proof. The Skins have AND have had a better D than they do. Like you said, if the Skins ability to score POINTS would reach just an average level, the Skins could walk into the playoffs as a team that nobody wants to face. 90% of the blame should be laid right at the feet of the QB.

i dont think the d for the skins was feared. no pressure, no turnovers. whats to be scared of?

Lets face it, this will be what the fifth straight year, since 2004 where our defense is good enough for a superbowl run, and the question mark is the offense.

Atleast its not the other way around, we should have a chance to be in everygame with our Defense. No team should be able to run up the score on us.

Atleast its not the other way around, we should have a chance to be in everygame with our Defense. No team should be able to run up the score on us.

negatory...the defense was definitely not good enough for a SB run last season. the bend but don't break strategy simply doesn't work at crunch time....as we saw multiuple times last season. it will be interesting to see if Blache changes his basic philosophy to exploit the new talent/potential he has been handed.....right now...it's all a paper drill.

Archived