Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skinscast.com: Man on a Mission (Colt Brennan Story)

JimmiJo

Never saw this kid play in college. What I have seen is him play in the preseason against scrubs. He played well, hopefully he can get an oppty to play against some better players and prove himself

That's the thing, he can't get an opportunity unless they give him one. That's why I wrote that it was very good for him that they did not sign Cutler or trade up for Sanchez. If either happen, he would have been stuck at the back of the pack with very limited playing time against very poor opponents.

Thing is, he will have to shine this preseason to show that he merits playing agaist better players earlier in games.

Thanks JJ. JZ said Colt will get a chance at the second spot. Do you know how a comp like this will take place ? Is it the preseason games, Or what should we has fans watch for this summer ??

Yes, it will be in the preseason games that the competition will happen.

Thanks JJ. JZ said Colt will get a chance at the second spot. Do you know how a comp like this will take place ? Is it the preseason games, Or what should we has fans watch for this summer ??

It's a Best of 7 Monopoly Competition.

The competition takes place by playing football and the better football player gets the job. That is typically how all roster spots are determined.

The competition takes place by playing football and the better football player gets the job. That is typically how all roster spots are determined.

Unless you're Jason Campbell. Then, you don't have to worry about whether you're the best player or not.

Unless you're Jason Campbell. Then, you don't have to worry about whether you're the best player or not.

This logic is ridiculously stupid. It's absolutely, completely stupid.

Why would the team want Campbell to start if he weren't the best player right now? They, especially Zorn, have NO loyalty to him. Everyone talking about Brennan is saying that he's just not ready. Why would they go after so many other quarterbacks if Brennan were better than Campbell? It makes NO sense.

Some of you guys don't think before you type.

Well if that's the case CB5 looked a lot better then TC last year, in preseason. Yet no change. Do you think if CD or CB5 play better then JC or TC in preseason they would make a change ? Zorn has been working with JC since the wedding last year. Do you think with all the FO and JZ has invested in JC they would have the guts to make that change. I predect even if CB5 gets 500 YDs and 5 TDS in preseason. They still will find a reason not to play him. Its just hard to admit that they might of payed to much for this first round pick. I realy think if they played both players with the same first string. That you would have a hard time telling who the first rounder was between them, Even thow one has 3 years in the NFL and the other 1 year.

HAIL :cool2:

Colt Brennan will show what he can be when he GETS THE REPS in practice. June Jones was a QB taskmaster. CB5 can fling it accurately all day long when he has the chance to practice. His accuracy and ability was DEVELOPED IN PRACTICE with the help of great coaches.

He will SHINE for the Redskins when he GETS THE CHANCE TO PREPARE.

HAIL!!!

Well if that's the case CB5 looked a lot better then TC last year, in preseason. Yet no change.

HAIL :cool2:

You do raise a good point. From what I have heard there are other elements of his game that te team would like him to improve. One of these was footwork, which was why I asked him about it. Watching him compared to Daniel was interesting as Brennan's footwork was far better and his throws crisper and more accurate.

Edit: And he was the better QB in the preseason, although with years and years of experience and the playoff run in 2007, you understand why Collins got the nod as the number 2 guy.

Edit: And he was the better QB in the preseason, although with years and years of experience and the playoff run in 2007, you understand why Collins got the nod as the number 2 guy.

I'd also be curious as to how many non-first-round quarterbacks historically are thrown into the number two position their first year.

A non-experienced sixth rounder just a missed block away from the starting position with absolutely no clue what's going on over someone who at least knows that the hash marks are a little tighter in the NFL? Nah.

You do raise a good point. From what I have heard there are other elements of his game that te team would like him to improve. One of these was footwork, which was why I asked him about it. Watching him compared to Daniel was interesting as Brennan's footwork was far better and his throws crisper and more accurate.

Man its so cool for you to be our eyes and ears out there. From what you seen of all the QBs out there does it look like CB5 was a 6 round pick compared to JC being a first round guy ? Is there that big of a gap between them. Also thanks again for your updates. Its seams to me that Zorn goes out of his way to kill any BUZZ we have that CB5 is making the strides nessary to take the second spot before the preseason even started :doh:

I'd also be curious as to how many non-first-round quarterbacks historically are thrown into the number two position their first year.

A non-experienced sixth rounder just a missed block away from the starting position with absolutely no clue what's going on over someone who at least knows that the hash marks are a little tighter in the NFL? Nah.

Not arguing that, and I agree with Keim's source in the DC Examiner today that there are things the team is not seeing in Brennan that are preventing him from being more valued by the team. Zorn has never been particularly complimentary of Brennan.

That being said the guy plays well in games and bears watching.

I am anxious to see what he does this preseason.

Matt Ryan found those hash marks pretty good!!

:hysterical:

Matt Ryan found those hash marks pretty good!!

:hysterical:

I'll let you read my post, read yours, and then realize the fundamental flaw in the latter. ;)

Man its so cool for you to be our eyes and ears out there. From what you seen of all the QBs out there does it look like CB5 was a 6 round pick compared to JC being a first round guy ? Is there that big of a gap between them. Also thanks again for your updates. Its seams to me that Zorn goes out of his way to kill any BUZZ we have that CB5 is making the strides nessary to take the second spot before the preseason even started :doh:

I'm not sure about rating them in terms of rounds, because there are too many great QBs drafted late. I will say that JC was better in camp this weekend, more authorative, accurate, and effective.

That being said I remember JC being awesome in camp but not so much in the preseason games whereas Brennan was very iffy in camp but effective in games.

I have to point out however that I doubt anyone in the league is ready to give Brennan the starting reigns of a team. I think the best he can hope for is to compete for the number 2 spot right now.

Not arguing that, and I agree with Keim's source in the DC Examiner today that there are things the team is not seeing in Brennan that are preventing him from being more valued by the team. Zorn has never been particularly complimentary of Brennan.

That being said the guy plays well in games and bears watching.

I am anxious to see what he does this preseason.

Yeah, and I'm glad that you brought this up in your MUCH-appreciated coverage the past few days. For some reason, one of the best QUARTERBACK coaches doesn't think that Brennan has that "it", at least not right now, but the Cult of Colt is clamoring for him. I'll never understand that.

Zorn was mostly silent during any Campbell trade/Sanchez-drafting discussion, as far as I remember, and Brennan was never brought up as a possible successor. There MIGHT be a reason for that. Just saying.

Yeah, and I'm glad that you brought this up in your MUCH-appreciated coverage the past few days. For some reason, one of the best QUARTERBACK coaches doesn't think that Brennan has that "it", at least not right now, but the Cult of Colt is clamoring for him. I'll never understand that.

Zorn was mostly silent during any Campbell trade/Sanchez-drafting discussion, as far as I remember, and Brennan was never brought up as a possible successor. There MIGHT be a reason for that. Just saying.

Agreed, but you would agree that his playing merited a good look this preseason?

Agreed, but you would agree that his playing merited a good look this preseason?

Absolutely. But, as you said, Collins was the right choice to go with. A 10-year career well-experienced in the backup role versus a few quarters against scrubs who are working at Kinko's now? No contest.

This year is different, and I hope that Brennan improves to the point where he can be number two. As much of a supporter as I am for Campbell, if he doesn't pan out, then I'd *LOVE* to have a cheap sixth-rounder turn into our next franchise quarterback. No cap hit, no picks in trades, and some sense of continuity.

Archived