Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Skins Sign Chase Daniel, Maryland Lineman

RedskinsSuperBowl21

I like Daniel. That said, I am not really sure how he is going to fit on the roster. JC obviously isn't going anywhere(until next year), Collins is our only emergency plan if something happens to JC, and I see no reason to not keep Brennan(plus, fans would have a heart attack).

:hysterical: So true. Mr. Brennan has a lot of competition on his heals.

Are you serious? Colt is the one that has been waiting for competition. It is JC that cannot handle the heat. JC and TC will be gone after this year, Colt will still be here. Colt is the one with the least to worry about and the most upside here.

Hmmmm. Things that make you go hmmmm....

mebbe we are all wrong and the OLine is not the problem... ???

Oh, for heaven's sake. Zorn said on Friday that they were going to go into camp with 4 QBs. And that Colt was going to play a lot in the Pre-Season. And Collins looked good, better than he did last year at this time. And JC looked good and was working hard with Devin Thomas.

That was Friday.

Almost every team brings in 4 Qbs for camp. JC is going to be the starter, and CB needs to win the backup job from TC. Chances are that Daniels doesn't even make the roster.

Nothing that has happened is a shock.

How did he have a lack of class and leadership skills? I beg to differ. He just couldn't beat OU because, well, OU was a lot better than Mizzou.

I've had this conversation with a couple Mizzou fans. For the record ... I don't have anything against Mizzou ... I was actually enrolled in classes there before I deferred for a year.

In terms of leadership ... in games I saw him play he threw temper tantrums on the sidelines when things weren't going well. He pouted, he yelled at coaches for not going for it on fourth down, and so on and so forth. (Hard to show youtube evidence of this but

)

In some of the biggest games of his career he was clearly frazzled by the pressure and wildly inaccurate. He's just not a guy I want running my offense.

In terms of class .. I think it's the arrogance and self-promotion that irked me. His declarations that he was "definitely the best QB in the Big XII" (I'd say Bradford, McCoy, Harrel, Robinson, and maybe Reesing were all better last year), his dedication to his own Heisman campaign, all these things wore on the rest of the Big XII and made him an obnoxious presence to everyone outside of Columbia. As an OU fan, the fact that the guy went on rants about how we "got lucky" and didn't deserve to beat them in what was a 17-point victory in Norman before a last second garbage TD once the game was already decided. He talked a lot about beating OU and being the better team and never did it .. it just got old.

Brad Smith -- I loved the guy. Maclin -- enjoyed watching him play even though he's an Iggle now. Chase Daniel -- not so much.

Archived