RedskinsSuperBowl21

Chase Daniel, Missouri

Height: 6-0. Weight: 218.

Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Combine 40 Time: 4.92.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.79.

Hand Size: 9 1/4.

Projected Round (2009): FA.

2/23/09: Chase Daniel was good for just one thing at the 2009 NFL Combine - giving us the opportunity to bet that Pat White would run a faster 40 (-600) than Daniel.

1/13/09: An awful winter practice game exposed Chase Daniel's weaknesses. Daniel was just 27-of-44 for 200 yards (less than five YPA), two touchdowns and three picks.

10/12/08: Beautiful numbers (16 TDs, 4 INTs, 10.7 YPA, 76.3 completion) but Chase Daniels has height and arm-strength issues.

2007: Chase Daniel's 6-foot frame really hurts him. Plenty of small quarterbacks have succeeded in the NFL, so that doesn't mean Daniel will be a bad signal caller; it just means he won't get drafted as high as he should.

One attribute that will help Daniel is his scrambling ability; he's quick and has shown that he's capable of picking up yards on the ground. In terms of passing, Daniel completed more than 50 percent in every single game. He ended his 2006 campaign with three interception-less games. He threw for 240 or more yards 11 times, finishing with 3,527 yards, 28 touchdowns and just 10 picks.

So they are converting Chase Daniel to O-line??

It may appear that way at first glance at the thread title, but grammatically they have it correct with the comma, indicating it's 2 players.

Now if they used a colon, or semi-colon, I could see your point.

So they are converting Chase Daniel to O-line??

No. lol

The article is about the signing of two players: a lineman from Maryland and a quarterback from Missouri. The quarterback being Chase Daniel. The title of the thread is a little misleading.

i think Collins would still keep his spot since he is there as a mentor in the first place. JC needs to improve on his closing game skills in my opinion. who knows what will happen and who'll be on the roster after the cuts before the season.

This will be VERY interesting! I like the pickup of Daniles. I also like Edwin from MD.

I knew we would take an UMD OL Vinnie/Buges love the Maryland UDFA OL pipeline

Hopefully Buges will be able to work his magic Williams and produce an NFL quality OL by next year or hopefully mid-season this year mold these guys every year

I view Chase Daniels as a camp arm and a Zorn project like Derek Devine

To me, Daniel seems like a pure WCO QB. Colt may have a new study partner in Zorn's school of QB mechanics.

--- . . ---

Analysis

Positives: Gutty, competitive field general. A virtual coach on the field. Reads defenses well and checks down effectively. Good accuracy to all levels. Shows enough zip in the short to intermediate throws when given a deep pocket. Good touch to place the ball between the linebackers and safeties down the seams. More elusive than often given credit for. Can buy time in and out of the pocket and shows good accuracy on the move.

Negatives: May be too short for the NFL. Scouts believe his success in this system is greatly tied to throwing out of the shotgun -- and thereby the open passing lanes and middle underneath passes of the scheme. Seemed to provide further evidence of this theory with his struggles at the East-West Shrine game. Questionable arm strength. Has the zip to complete the short and intermediate passes, but has to wind-up for longer throws and due to his lack of height and release point, longer passes tend to sail.

Thank god. :silly:

To me, Daniel seems like a pure WCO QB. Colt may have a new study partner in Zorn's school of QB mechanics.

--- . . ---

Analysis

Positives: Gutty, competitive field general. A virtual coach on the field. Reads defenses well and checks down effectively. Good accuracy to all levels. Shows enough zip in the short to intermediate throws when given a deep pocket. Good touch to place the ball between the linebackers and safeties down the seams. More elusive than often given credit for. Can buy time in and out of the pocket and shows good accuracy on the move.

Negatives: May be too short for the NFL. Scouts believe his success in this system is greatly tied to throwing out of the shotgun -- and thereby the open passing lanes and middle underneath passes of the scheme. Seemed to provide further evidence of this theory with his struggles at the East-West Shrine game. Questionable arm strength. Has the zip to complete the short and intermediate passes, but has to wind-up for longer throws and due to his lack of height and release point, longer passes tend to sail.

Sounds like a Tom Brady to me. Except for the fact that Daniel is short and Brady is not.

I think we ought to incorporate a system quarterback into our playing field. We need someone who can handle the game well, and let the defense do its progress.

Archived