Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dilfer: JC=Cadillac, Sanchez=Porsche. Make your own comparison on players.

RenegadeTK

Trent Dilfer on "SportsCenter: On the Clock" just made this analogy...

Jason Campbell = Cadillac Escalade EXT

Mark Sanchez = Convertible Porsche Turbo

While I don't agree, being a fan of cars in general, I thought it was an interesting analogy. The argument was that JC (Cadillac) is good & solid, but people (GMs, or Snyder in our case) dream of having a Sanchez (Porsche).

I'd say....

JC = 2005 BMW 330ci. Good, solid and better than most cars. Could be good for years to come. Current owner has run it pretty hard.

MS = 2009 Chevy Camaro. Comes from a line of legit Chevy sports cars. Could be the next big thing OR could just look good but not perform as well as you hoped.

bmw.jpg

camaro.jpg

JC = 2005 BMW 330ci. Good, solid and better than most cars. Could be good for years to come. Current owner has run it pretty hard.

MS = 2009 Chevy Camaro. Comes from a line of legit Chevy sports cars. Could be the next big thing OR could just look good but not perform as well as you hoped.

bmw.jpg

camaro.jpg

I love the comparison of Sanchez to the Camaro. But at the risk of being flamed or being too mean, I think I'd actually compare Jason to a Toyota Camry. He's a solid, good running car that will stick around for a long time if you take good care of him. But he's not going to be the car that you would pick if you had your choice amongst most cars.

Holy crap, that's the new camaro? That is NICE. I like that look.

But um...yeah, I can see that as a good comparisons. I'd say make sanchez a used Porsche in Dilfer's comparison though. It looks great, its a prized car, but you don't really know if its really a lemon.

jason campbell is a honda accord. hes not flashy, never gonna let you down or screw up, but hes never gonna get you that hot date with the cheerleader.

mark sanchez is the new porsche just rolled out for 2010. it looks good on the surface, and you know whats its capable of, but who knows if it came off the floor too early and will be a success like its predecessors the 911 and the boxster. could be perfect, could need so much time in the shop, and it could just crap out on the side of the road.

jason campbell is a honda accord. hes not flashy, never gonna let you down or screw up, but hes never gonna get you that hot date with the cheerleader.

mark sanchez is the new porsche just rolled out for 2010. it looks good on the surface, and you know whats its capable of, but who knows if it came off the floor too early and will be a success like its predecessors the 911 and the boxster. could be perfect, could need so much time in the shop, and it could just crap out on the side of the road.

I disagree, I think he will let us down. I think he has let us down. Big thing is when we were in the red zone against the Giants at the end of the game two years ago with Gibbs... MS would have willed his way to a TD.

I love the comparison of Sanchez to the Camaro. But at the risk of being flamed or being too mean, I think I'd actually compare Jason to a Toyota Camry. He's a solid, good running car that will stick around for a long time if you take good care of him. But he's not going to be the car that you would pick if you had your choice amongst most cars.

That's the better analogy!

I'm thinking about getting an Insight next year. It supposedly gets a legit 60mpg on the highway and is cheaper than the Prius.

JC's a bit big to be an Insight, don't you think?

It's a hatchback isn;t it? He's lightweight. Won't win you any races, but won't need to stop for gas often.

Archived