Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Wilson on the Lockerroom 4/23

authentic

Yeah he talked about the fact that he played the position in high school, college, and in Canda, thus making the transition pretty easy. While I still think SAM LB is a big need for us (I have posted this in all the different draft threads out there), I can't help but be a bit intrigued at the prospect and even potential of this move. A guy with that kind of explosion and quickness coming off the edge at a LB position is definitely something worth trying. IMO he has the speed to contend in some passing situations and because of the fact that he will be off the line of scrimmage, offensive linemen do not necessarily know if he'll be blitzing or not.

Love this move. No doubt this guy can get to the qb,and he's done it in limited reps.As an above poster noted his explosion is good and its not like he's asked to do a whole lot at sam. I hope he's licking his chops at comming to the qb from a standing position as well as 3pt stance.

If he could just be a Lemar Marshall type that'd be great, imo.

Marshall was a very, very underrated player for us. His athleticism and intelligence were both excellent. I still remember that interception he made against Philly in the last game of the 2005 regular season, where he acrobatically tipped the ball to himself and picked it off. We went on to score 7 on that drive, helping us get into the playoffs.

Marshall was a very, very underrated player for us. His athleticism and intelligence were both excellent. I still remember that interception he made against Philly in the last game of the 2005 regular season, where he acrobatically tipped the ball to himself and picked it off. We went on to score 7 on that drive, helping us get into the playoffs.

If anything, he was overrated. He was the reason that Gibbs and Grilliams thought we could afford to let Pierce go. How did that work out for us?

I'm excited about Wilson at SLB. Seems like something interesting to watch in minicamps and training camp.

If anything, he was overrated. He was the reason that Gibbs and Grilliams thought we could afford to let Pierce go. How did that work out for us?

I'm excited about Wilson at SLB. Seems like something interesting to watch in minicamps and training camp.

Marshall played well for us in the MLB role that Pierce left that year . . . and if I'm not mistaken, the reason why we let Pierce go was because we signed Michael Barrow. Was that the year? Plus, we let Pierce go because we arrogantly assumed that he would stay around for less money and because we thought we could find an adequate replacement. Sure, Marshall didn't have the same impact that Pierce has had for the Giants, but he was serviceable.

Marshall played well for us in the MLB role that Pierce left that year . . . and if I'm not mistaken, the reason why we let Pierce go was because we signed Michael Barrow. Was that the year? Plus, we let Pierce go because we arrogantly assumed that he would stay around for less money and because we thought we could find an adequate replacement. Sure, Marshall didn't have the same impact that Pierce has had for the Giants, but he was serviceable.

No, Pierce had to step in because Barrow got hurt. Marshall had to replace Pierce when he left. He did alright in his first year, but he got worked over in his second year at MLB.

I think this is a good move. I am excited to see what he can do standing up. He might have a tough time covering but it can't be as bad as some of the coverage that Marcus Washington did last year. You could see that he lost a step in coverage. I am interested to see how this progresses. Good move for him and our team!!!

:logo:

Like I said in the thread that first mentioned this: I'm glad our team is looking to our own depth to TRY and fill holes.

I'm sure they found some film on him and based their decision off that...It would be nice if someone had some highlights from either college or Canada where he played that position. It would be sweet.

Marshall was a good OLB for us filling in for Lavar. He was an okay MLB but wore down with the season. Remember this guy was a converted S, he was never built for the abuse of playing MLB in the NFL.

I personally love the move of Wilson to SOLB. I wouldn't expect him to become a starter or three down OLB but I think he could be a valuable asset as a rush linebacker in blitzing situations. Sure it would tip our hand a bit but could be effective in third in longs. He could play the role we had envisioned for JT this season and I think he could play it well.

Archived