Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virus Attacks on Redskins.com?

Stigmata

So this isn't a quiet virus? If we got it, we'd know it?

Yes it seems to be limited to those of us who were lucky enough to visit while it was being exposed by the site. My Mac didn't even burp with it but the Windows laptop was not so lucky.

You would know it but running a virus scan is always a good idea.

This issue is gone but ppl are still in a panic hahaha

---

If you went to the redskins.com page yesterday update your mcAfee/Norton/avira whatever and run a full scan.....

Webroot and/or SW DR can find it too....

You're laughing over others misfortune? That's pathetic at the least. I don't see anyone in a panic, it's a minimal virus threat but thanks for caring.

Yes it seems to be limited to those of us who were lucky enough to visit while it was being exposed by the site. My Mac didn't even burp with it but the Windows laptop was not so lucky.

You would know it but running a virus scan is always a good idea.

Thanks. I don't have much faith in my anti virus picking up on anything big though. I had a trojan virus once, but Norton didn't bleep a word about it. But that's my own insecurity problem. ;)

Thanks. I don't have much faith in my anti virus picking up on anything big though. I had a trojan virus once, but Norton didn't bleep a word about it. But that's my own insecurity problem. ;)

Anytime, it was limited and it was obvious something happened immediately on my end. Others might have different experiences though. Ad-Aware is good but I searched the web for this one and came up with Avira which was on it immediately. The other issues are just registry key issues and I have spent enough time "playing" with it so I will just re-image. You can also restore by going back before the infiltration.

Anytime, it was limited and it was obvious something happened immediately on my end. Others might have different experiences though. Ad-Aware is good but I searched the web for this one and came up with Avira which was on it immediately. The other issues are just registry key issues and I have spent enough time "playing" with it so I will just re-image. You can also restore by going back before the infiltration.

Wow. You definitely know your **** for this!

Get Avast! for home use. It is free forever if you register. And registration is free as well. ;)
Been using Avast since the first beta. One of the best and lightest. And free for home use. Put it on at least 75 computers already. No complaints.

Edit:but that doesn't excuse this IMO. And I would recommend Firefox as a far safer browser than IE, with a couple strategic add-ons.

Been using Avast since the first beta. One of the best and lightest. And free for home use. Put it on at least 75 computers already. No complaints.

Edit:but that doesn't excuse this IMO. And I would recommend Firefox as a far safer browser than IE, with a couple strategic add-ons.

Or just buy a Mac :)

My 24" iMac is fine and I was on with it during that time and never even blinked.

Or just buy a Mac :)

My 24" iMac is fine and I was on with it during that time and never even blinked.

Oh god keep the mac stuff to a minimum. Fanboys are the most difficult to deal with as it is. My vista machine was just fine too, let's make a commercial!

Oh god keep the mac stuff to a minimum. Fanboys are the most difficult to deal with as it is. My vista machine was just fine too, let's make a commercial!

Works for me, you in a Campbell jersey and me in a Colt jersey? :)

If anyone that had this issue can't open Task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) I have found a work around to get that operational again.

Did anyone find any online scans that could clean this thing out?

Ive tried MS Malicious and Bit Defender. Running Malwarebytes as recommended above.

Avira grabbed it right away. I think it's all gone but not sure because the McAfee virus scan I am running keeps locking up now. To be safe we are going to start from scratch. Clean the whole thing and re-image.

Archived