Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pukes' scoreboard only 90 feet above the field...

tr1

So, what happens when the first two attempts get a "do-over" and the third time you have a bad snap or a block.....

Controversy waiting to happen.. They will make Jerruh move it.

I didn't even think of that. Imagine if a team loses a game because of it. Wow I'd be pissed!

so on a failed 3rd down play, can any QB just chuck it up at the score board and get a free do over?

you better be out of the pocket, and the ball better make it at/past the line of scrimmage

And even then, grounding is a judgment call that can't be challenged.

I'd guess that refs would quickly call grounding anytime it was obvious the qb lofted it high in the sky hoping for a do-over.

I wonder if at some point during a game, if a team has already punted previously and been issued a "do over" due to jerruh's idiocy, if a head coach would be more willing to just go for it so as not to have to deal with the stupid song and dance that might occur by trying to kick a hanging short punt?

you better be out of the pocket, and the ball better make it at/past the line of scrimmage

And even then, grounding is a judgment call that can't be challenged.

I'd guess that refs would quickly call grounding anytime it was obvious the qb lofted it high in the sky hoping for a do-over.

According to the rule, if the ball strikes the video board, no penalties will count except for personal fouls. Intentional grounding is not a personal foul.

Punters can barely reach it, there is no way anyone could throw a ball that high.

The reason this thread has reached 8 pages is because some Pukes fans said there was "no way" a punter could ever hit the scoreboard, and then it happened the first time the field was used. Never say never......

So, what happens when the first two attempts get a "do-over" and the third time you have a bad snap or a block.....

Or even worse, an injury.

They should just leave it higher after the concert. Unless, of course, it is an attempt to get a home field advantage because their punter should be more familiar with it.

Yeah, Jerry Jones and the #1 stadium design firm in the world are stupid and overlooked something soo obvious. If anyone thinks they didn't spend hours and hours figuring out the positioning of the board taking everything into account, they you're retarded. Not to mention it probably can be raised with the simple push of a button if necessary. All report have said that they had punters trying to hit it or at least kick a ball to the height of the scoreboard and none even came close.

Case in point. Some Dallass homer just spouting out nonsense. I would love to have seen those reports he is referencing. Oh, that's right. He made them up.:doh:

U2 has a stage that is apparently 90 or 100 feet high (they mentioned it during the Cowboys preseason game) so the board will be raised. But this raises all sorts of other issues, like whether Jerry will manage to get Bono to pay for it, or if he'll get forced to raise it beforehand by the league...

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/panelists/2009/08/everyone-feel-bad-for-darnell-levy.html

Case in point. Some Dallass homer just spouting out nonsense. I would love to have seen those reports he is referencing. Oh, that's right. He made them up.:doh:

Puke fans in the ATN live in an imaginary world.

I think coolbeans was banned, but I think I got a whiff of him in an alias...;);)

Archived