Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should the Redskins take at 13? ***highlights of prospects****

redskins021

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My 2cents is that we don't have the luxury to not take an OT. The average age of our Oline is around 32/33 years old. I know, its nice to sit here in the off-season and fantasize about the what ifs. We can fantasize about taking a QB and what that could mean for this franchise. But we drafted a QB last year. Are we going to draft a QB every year only to forget the prior year's draft pick? If we draft a QB, and not OL, we will just be repeating the past by subjecting the newly annointed savior to the same conditions as JC. An aging, beat up OL, as well as a thin Recieiving corps, serves no one well. We drafted Colt last year. I think the FO would be questioning their own intelligence and ability to make long term goals if they did not see what Colt could do under regular season conditions. He set ALOT of collegiate records. IMHO, the kid appears to have the "it" factor. And there are several sports people in the media, entertainment industry and former athletes (including HOF QB Steve Young) that said the same exact thing. Why would Young come out on a limb and say that? Because he knows what he is talking about. Steve played for the Los Angeles Express of the short-lived United States Football league, and played for the lowly Tampa Bay Buccaneers. My point is he wasn't considered to be the next Montana but replaced Joe. He won SUper Bowls and became a HOFer. Dude knows what he is talking about. So what if Colt got crushed in the Sugar Bowl? Every NFL player has a down day. Every team can be beat, as the undefeated Patriots have shown. Sometimes really good players have a difficult time winning the big games (HOFers Elway and, especially, Jim Kelly). I'm really not trying to make this a Colt Brennan is our savior thread, really I'm not. I'm just trying to point out that it makes no sense to draft a QB. Focus on making our first draft an OT. If not, the Skins FO will only end up with the same results: a developing QB on his back and running for his life. Hail!

Nice work on the videos. I think the Skins are actually in a good draft position in the first round, either to pick there or move back. I will not even mention what the Skins could do with the second round pick that went to Miami.....(ARGGHHHH, Curse you Vinny, Curse YOU). I actually think the Vinny will have a hard time screwing up the number 13 pick this year. But I have been wrong before. I like Sanchez but I hope the Skins only focus on OLine and DE this year.

I believe that if we don't take an offensive lineman with our 13th pick that it will show that the Skins have totally given up on Jason. It will be very difficult for him to succeed with our aging offensive line. Of course all of this will mean nothing if we take Sanchez. That will definitely mean that they have given up on Jason.

That makes a lot of sense!!! It's the same way a lot of us felt about drafting a D lineman in the last 5 years with the 1st rd pick, How can we get by with Garbage up front to put press. on the QB or stop the run???

Now the time has come when we need to address both lines desperately. Funny how that works out. But then again some feel maybe ignore the probs and go B.P.A.

It's got to be Andre Smith. Yes the kid is severely lacking in the maturity department, yes we all got a great laugh watching him jiggle his way to a 5.28 40, yes he went into melt down mode at the combine, However, it wasn't too long ago that Andre Smith was considered the best tackle in the draft and was rated number one on the big boards. Maybe if he has Buges and Samuels to mentor him, he might overcome that severe case of cranial-rectal inversion that plagued him since the Sugar Bowl

The closer we get to draft day, many start to focus on the talent available when the 13th pick rolls around. This was a great analysis of some of the talent that might meet the Skins' needs.

However -- while it's not as exciting -- I am viewing all the pre-draft in terms of how valuable the #13 pick might become as trade-bait, rather than who the Redskins select at #13.

Okay, it's not as sexy to Skins draft-watchers, but -- thanks to the Jason Taylor trade -- Washington really needs to trade down to obtain more selections in the second/third rounds. It's a real possibility because the Skins need new O-linemen and this year's draft is very deeper at those positons.

The Skins have an aging team team in several areas -- especially O-line and Bugel won't be coaching forever. We need to look at 2nd round and 3rd round talent he might be able to develop for us before he is gone. We need to do this in 2009 because it takes time to develop these players and integrate them into a cohesive unit. As many have noted, there are some great centers, tackles, and maybe even guards to draft, develop, and plug in. And the same goes for our defensive line and our linebacking corps.

While I'm partial to picking up Andre Smith or Oher or Rey at #13, I don't want it at the expense of picking up a slightly less regarded O-lineman and also snagging a needed talent at C (Mack, Unger, or others), DE or LB who might still be available in the second round. We need at least three decent picks in the first 2-3 rounds to prepare for when we have to replace our aging linemen and linebackers.

Surprise: William Beatty...moves very well

Everette Brown: Ridiculous amount of moves. but can he stop the run?

Cushing really can do it all...very solid.

Potential: Oher...already solid and could prove to be an incredible LT talent

Smith...finess+mauler...me likey

Johnson: If he gets a head on his shoulders he will be sick.

Top pick Off: Smith/Oher..I can't choose here. Both can be steals at 13..I don't think either will bust...at worst a good starting RT.

Top pick D: Honestly, I have to go with Cushing or Rey. I wish I could say orakpo, but he doesn't have a lot of moves. Brown is quick with a lot of moves, but I'm just weary of him right now.

Worry: Orakpo doesn't use any moves, he just blows by the defender. He won't be able to do that in the NFL. Does he have moves to step up?

Overall choice @13: Smith. Can be a gigantic steal

Trade down: Rey, Cushing, Brown, in that order...Britton or Beatty if they are there

Forgive me for saying this but aren't you guys forgetting about Heyer. He's actually pretty darn good and is very young. Our defense is stout. We finished 4th I believe. Our weak spots are on the receiver end if you ask me. Thomas will step up but Kelly seems overwhelmed and hurt. Randle El is just not getting it done if you ask me. Moss needs another W/R who can take some double teams off of him. The west coast offense is crap without the proper wideouts and QB. Isn't that where our stock is with coach Zorn? If you want to make a splash than sign John Carney who needs a home. He's a pro bowl caliber kicker. Not Suisham! I think Fincher and Blades will do just fine on the outside. Remember, Washington was hurt for much of the season and we did just fine. We need a Crabtree caliber receiver. He's a large Burress/Moss/T.O. kinda receiver.

Forgive me for saying this but aren't you guys forgetting about Heyer. He's actually pretty darn good and is very young. Our defense is stout. We finished 4th I believe. Our weak spots are on the receiver end if you ask me. Thomas will step up but Kelly seems overwhelmed and hurt. Randle El is just not getting it done if you ask me. Moss needs another W/R who can take some double teams off of him. The west coast offense is crap without the proper wideouts and QB. Isn't that where our stock is with coach Zorn? If you want to make a splash than sign John Carney who needs a home. He's a pro bowl caliber kicker. Not Suisham! I think Fincher and Blades will do just fine on the outside. Remember, Washington was hurt for much of the season and we did just fine. We need a Crabtree caliber receiver. He's a large Burress/Moss/T.O. kinda receiver.

no to receiver in the first round

and heyer is backup when he was in before he got injured this team could not run to the right side.. he has flashes but that is not enough

Hail!!! I wanted to see who we all thought we should take at 13. Let's say we don't or can't move up or down. Sanchez, Orakpo, Andre Smith are all gone. Realistically; Oher, Rey Rey, Cushing, and Jackson might all be there at 13. Almost all mock drafts I have seen have E.Brown gone to Buffalo. I just dont see Sanchez falling to us and any potential suitors moving up to grab QB Freeman for our pick. People have said it's too high a pick for Jackson (LSU) and I tend to agree with that notion. Though he is the safest pick of all four of them in my opinion. Yet has the lowest ceiling too. I would love to take Rey Rey, however, I think we need OT. I hope we can trade back like so many of us but, if all four were there... IMO Oher would make the most sense. What do you guys think? :helmet: Im so torn between REY and OHER. My heart says Rey but my head says Oher...

Oher, no questions asked. Although I'd love for Andre Smith to fall to us at 13. We need to continue rebuilding the lines- Haynesworth obviously helps on the other side of the ball and Dockery should help us on offense as well, but after giving up 38 sacks last season it's clear where we need the most help IMO.

I want a Dominate O-Line

I want to make 4th and Goal from the One without tricks

This.

I want Jason Campbell (or anyone else for the haters) to have enough time to finish his drop and actually have a chance to succeed. I want Clinton Portis (or betts for McD5) to have holes to run through without dodging defenders in the backfield. I want defenses to be forced to send blitzers because their front four alone can't get pressure.

Archived