Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Latest Rumor: Don't listen to rumors!!!!!

Tom [Giants fan]

Matt sounds like a stand up guy, and he has had some good inside information in the past, but I find it hard to believe this is true. There would have been some mention from a rumor site, or Giants beat writer by now if an offer was on the table. In fact, a couple beat writers have already responded, and they say they aren't hearing anything yet, one positive sign is that also does not include any denials. So there does appear to be something fishy going on, this whole thing has been really confusing. But I don't think anything has been cleared up yet.

I think if it was completely false, the Giants' writers would have denied it. Considering they are on the fence, maybe they have been asked to be quiet about it. I'm looking for anything here.

Boldin, huh? That would be an interesting move. Boldin would be the better pick, imo.

Maybe.

It appears the big obstacle with the Browns is, they are trying to milk everything they can get which is at least a first and third. Plus, Edwards wants a huge deal in the neighborhood of $10 mil per year.

;6301445']Maybe.

It appears the big obstacle with the Browns is' date=' they are trying to milk everything they can get which is at least a first and third. Plus, Edwards wants a huge deal in the neighborhood of $10 mil per year.[/quote']

Do the Giants have the cap room to handle that sort of deal?

;6301445']Maybe.

It appears the big obstacle with the Browns is' date=' they are trying to milk everything they can get which is at least a first and third. Plus, Edwards wants a huge deal in the neighborhood of $10 mil per year.[/quote']

I'm sure Boldin can pull that kind of money as well, if not more

;6301487']Yes' date=' especially as of right now, there is an uncapped year looming. I just don't think they are willing to give Edwards that kind of money.[/quote']

I hope you all take Braylon for OUR sake....but for YOUR sake, the better choice is Boldin.

;6301487']Yes' date=' especially as of right now, there is an uncapped year looming. I just don't think they are willing to give Edwards that kind of money.[/quote']

I hope they are unwilling to give either one that kind of money. :) But I suspect they will.

LOL at Braylon thinking he is going to get 10million. He's not, and no team is going to pay him 10 million either. He can sit out waiting for that 10 mil contract, but I have a feeling he will be sitting out for a long time. If Braylon is worth 10 mil, then Fitz is worth 20....

I hope you all take Braylon for OUR sake....but for YOUR sake, the better choice is Boldin.

Agreed, Cleveland needs to come off their high horse and deal the player.

Arizona needs to keep fighting for more picks.

Does anyone know if other teams are in the mix for either of these players? For Cleveland to be hoping for more usually means other teams have made offers or at least contacted the them.

Does anyone know if other teams are in the mix for either of these players? For Cleveland to be hoping for more usually means other teams have made offers or at least contacted the them.

I've heard the Eagles mentioned for both. It may end up being Edwards to the Giants and Boldin to the Eagles or vice versa.

The Bird FO couldn't outbid me so either other teams are involved or the Giants are standing firm on their offer.

My guess is the Giants are standing firm on their offer and Zona and Cleve are taking their time seeing if other teams will offer more. Nothing wrong with that

I guess working out long term contracts for either WR could also be in the mix.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-9-50/Shooting-down-a-Giant-rumor.html

Click link for entire article

Shooting down a Giant rumor

April 9, 2009 9:48 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

If you were monitoring message boards Wednesday, you may have noticed a lot of discussion about Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards being traded to the Giants. Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger went to great lengths to shoot this rumor down, but it won't completely go away until after the draft.

The Giants have a surplus of draft picks, and quite honestly, they don't have a lot of spots to fill. It would make sense to package a couple of picks and go after Edwards, but there's one problem: The Giants' scouting department isn't sold on the player. He's been brilliant at times ('07), but he was wildly inconsistent in '08. He played his best game of the season in a win over the Giants, but the personnel department watched his other games, too.

Despite what you're reading in some precincts, Anquan Boldin is still the leading candidate in a trade scenario. You can read more about this in my column, which is scheduled to publish later this afternoon. I'm about to break away and write it, so let's meet back here at about noon ET (11 a.m. Dallas time).

Despite what you're reading in some precincts, Anquan Boldin is still the leading candidate in a trade scenario. You can read more about this in my column, which is scheduled to publish later this afternoon. I'm about to break away and write it, so let's meet back here at about noon ET (11 a.m. Dallas time).

I think Boldin is a safer trade but Edwards has more of an upside. He is two years younger and I feel has more talent. And that is what coaches are for. To coach Edwards up and fix whatever problem he has catching the ball. Maybe it is the style with which he catches the ball. How his body is situated. He could take his eye off of the ball too soon. Hey, Coughlin got Tiki to stop fumbling, maybe he can figure out how to make Edwards stop dropping. But I would take Boldin and be happy. I just want Edwards more for some reason. One bad year doesn't scare me away. He showed flashes of being very good.

The Browns have made it clear they want Kiwanuka when they had preliminary talks with the Giants. And the Giants have made it clear that that isn't an option.

;6303346']From people who are usually reliable when it comes to things like this.

Tom, are you kidding? You have posted so many rumors that have originated from your little Giants website over there that have turned out exactly like this. When will you learn?

Tom, are you kidding? You have posted so many rumors that have originated from your little Giants website over there that have turned out exactly like this. When will you learn?

Westbrook, most of what I post from there turns out to be true. They aren't usually as big as this. But this rumor was completely based off of the report from the Philadelphia station. Not the bbi site. It was posted on the site but from the radio report.

Why the hostility? It's the offseason.....stuff like this is interesting. I would think you would agree considering your team also plays in the NFC East, no?

Burned, I learned my lesson a couple years ago when a rumor started we were swapping first-round picks with the Jets, as well as trading Ladell Betts for Jonathan Vilma, with an announcement coming very soon. I told some people who got hyped about it, then I looked like an idiot.

Well, this rumor started on a station in Philadelphia. And word out of that report came that it was just about a done deal. For some reason, Philadelphia and idiot are synonymous.

And I still believe that the Giants will end up with Edwards.

Archived