Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Traffic Frequency & Demographics

Mark The Homer

Interesting correlation:

51% no college

63% 60k+ salary

So at least 14% of the people (in this data set) make >$60k/year with no college experience...

I'm not sure what "college" means, does that mean you graduated, or does that mean you have some college experience...

My dad convinced me that without college I'd be making minimum wage the rest of my life...

But then again, to maintain your standard of living from my city to DC, at 60k/year, I'd have to make a little more than DOUBLE that ($122,916/year)

http://www.bestplaces.net/col/?salary=60000&city1=53728000&city2=51150000

Here are the Alexa stats for Extremeskins:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/extremeskins.com

Avg time - 15 mins a day? Hahahha. I think I'm a little above that :silly:

It is awfully quiet here on weekends, as this graph shows:

graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=t&b=ffffff&r=1m&u=extremeskins.com&

I don't think this graph is showing April 2nd yet - that was the day of the Cutler deal. It was pretty crazy in here that day...

What is the frequency difference between a "regular" and an "addict" ?

Seems a little skewed.

It probably takes the average time spent on ES and people that have 50% more time spent on here are "addicts"...

That being said, all of us who are on here 12 hours a day, are "regular" and the people that spend 18+ hrs/day on here are "addicts"

We'd all be addicts on a my little pony message board...

It probably takes the average time spent on ES and people that have 50% more time spent on here are "addicts"...

That being said, all of us who are on here 12 hours a day, are "regular" and the people that spend 18+ hrs/day on here are "addicts"

We'd all be addicts on a my little pony message board...

I don't log off of ES, for days on end sometimes. Doesn't mean that I am actually using it.

I don't log off of ES, for days on end sometimes. Doesn't mean that I am actually using it.

When you say "don't log off" does that mean that it's always open in a browser or do you close the browser yet are still "logged in"?

I'm pretty sure this site is like a Neilson rating system, where they track a select few and then extrapolate the info from there...

There is no way there are that many females.

How would they know the income? Race? Please don't say by ip.

The chart may have some value from a traffic perspective...maybe....but if you understand how webservers work...you would wonder about the numbers. All they can do is count the number of times your ip address shows up in the webserver log. They can't calculate time. Your web browser doesn't maintain a login connection to the site.

I call fowl.

There is no way there are that many females.

How would they know the income? Race? Please don't say by ip.

The chart may have some value from a traffic perspective...maybe....but if you understand how webservers work...you would wonder about the numbers. All they can do is count the number of times your ip address shows up in the webserver log. They can't calculate time. Your web browser doesn't maintain a login connection to the site.

I call fowl.

It occurs to me that if they know your IP, then they know that IP has been logged into other sites where you may have filled in info regarding gender, income, etc. And this is all tied together.

Just guessing.

Kind of an example - I once many years ago used Ticketsnow.com to buy something. Since then, if I happen to browse the site, even when not logging on, my email inbox starts getting spammed from ticketsnow about tix for whatever game I looked at.

Point is, all they have to do is see my IP and they know everything about me.

Point is, all they have to do is see my IP and they know everything about me.

There is some truth to that, but what you can get from an IP is WAY overstated.

A websites webserver logs in general are not available to the public.

So if I go to extremeskins.com and log in, extremeskins web admins can map my login to my ip address.

I can't dig for information on Mark the Homer and his IP Address in the extremeskins logs without gaining access. I am sure Amazon, Ebay, etc are not sharing their webserver logs so companys can do IP based tracking. If they did, the public would be outraged.

I can't really verify who is hitting a website. If my neighbor is using my wireless internet, they are showing up as my IP.

At best these statistics are a WAG.

The technology to do some of this mapping exists, the access to the data necessary to get accurate information doesn't.

That's true. Plus, it occurs to me that when we enter personal info, it's usually under a secure link (https:) so that stuff can't be read.

Also, at the top left part of the webpage, it says this:

Site Not Quantified

Data is based on Rough Estimate

Not sure what quantified means, but it sounds like they're doing a lot of guessing.

Archived