Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCEx: Cutler trade winds could strengthen by Monday

JimmiJo

wow at some of these posts, kinda speechless because i use to think redskins fans were pretty smart. my how the times have changed.

LL, what do you think the most likely outcome is? Thanks again for your inside information man, we all appreciate it.

-I think cutler is a good QB, but if he was put behind the same O-Line we had last season we would NOT have had a better record. If we can fix the O-Line problems then JC will be conside a good QB next year. If you look back at the tape of last year JC made completions when he had time, but the problem was there was rarely time.

-If we did get Cutler, he would be have to lean the Offence, which was also a problem last year. People tha dissagree that leaning an offence isnt a set back answer this question. Would you rather have to lean an offence, or get a chance to perfect it. Because you cannot do both the first year. The skins now get a chance to perfect it, so lets see what JC can really do.

It might be too late for anyone to answer my last post. But I would like to see what JC can do in year 2 of the Offence, espesially if we can get the O-Line more solid for a whole year and not have them all get too tierd and bangged up after the fist half of the year. I what to see us perfect the O this year, and not have to re-lean it. If we bring Cutler in he would be learning the O not perfecting it, and that leads to anouther 8-8 season at best!!

It might be too late for anyone to answer my last post. But I would like to see what JC can do in year 2 of the Offence, espesially if we can get the O-Line more solid for a whole year and not have them all get too tierd and bangged up after the fist half of the year. I what to see us perfect the O this year, and not have to re-lean it. If we bring Cutler in he would be learning the O not perfecting it, and that leads to anouther 8-8 season at best!!

We saw that. It was '06 and '07. However, at the end of '07 that "battered" o-line was revitalized by a better qb.

I'd say if JC is bad and Brennan isn't the answer, we draft a QB next year, I like Sam Bradford from Oklahoma

You would have to give Colt at least 4 years as starter based on what we are told about JC, before you can judge a QB.

We would draft the next guy around 2013 and give him 4 or 5 years too. We should know if we have an answer by 2017. If not, back to the drawing board.

We saw that. It was '06 and '07. However, at the end of '07 that "battered" o-line was revitalized by a better qb.

Both year were with a diffrent offence, so both year JC had to lean an offence. What im saying id there is a big diffrence between learning a new O, and perfecting it. This year he would be able to perfect it, and I think that will help him do better.

Both year were with a diffrent offence, so both year JC had to lean an offence. What im saying id there is a big diffrence between learning a new O, and perfecting it. This year he would be able to perfect it, and I think that will help him do better.

'06 and '07 were both Saunders' offense.

07 was JC's second year in Saunders system.

07 was JC's second year in Saunders system.

-Honestly saunders Offence had to be one of the most difficult to lean, it would be hard to have that offence as a rookie.

-I agree JC didnt do the best last year. Year 2 in Zorns offence with the O-line hopefully fixed he should do better. If not then at the end of next year I would be for looking for a new QB. But i think he should get one more chance, and Zorn believes in him. I think he has talent and will show us this year.

-Honestly saunders Offence had to be one of the most difficult to lean, it would be hard to have that offence as a rookie.

-I agree JC didnt do the best last year. Year 2 in Zorns offence with the O-line hopefully fixed he should do better. If not then at the end of next year I would be for looking for a new QB. But i think he should get one more chance, and Zorn believes in him. I think he has talent and will show us this year.

I'll never forget the expectations of our offense the first year with Saunders.. :(

Foxsports did this review thing of all aspects of football. Ranking Quarterbacks, Running Backs, ect. ect. ect. All the way to coaching, and of course we had the best coaches. Joe Gibbs, Greg Williams, and we added Al Saunders. Our LB corp was ranked like top 10 even with LaVar gone, WR's we were ranked top 5 - Santana Moss, Antwaan Randel El, Brandon Lloyd ... lol Quaterback was like ranked 11th saying Brunell would get 3,500+ passing yards, Running back was ranked 4th with Portis...

I can't help but cry! All these holographic cups from games at Fedex that year!!!

I'll never forget the expectations of our offense the first year with Saunders.. :(

Foxsports did this review thing of all aspects of football. Ranking Quarterbacks, Running Backs, ect. ect. ect. All the way to coaching, and of course we had the best coaches. Joe Gibbs, Greg Williams, and we added Al Saunders. Our LB corp was ranked like top 10 even with LaVar gone, WR's we were ranked top 5 - Santana Moss, Antwaan Randel El, Brandon Lloyd ... lol Quaterback was like ranked 11th saying Brunell would get 3,500+ passing yards, Running back was ranked 4th with Portis...

I can't help but cry! All these holographic cups from games at Fedex that year!!!

Ya that year pretty muched sucked, ill never forget the OT thriller where Brunell threw it up 2 moss in double coverage and ran it home for the win though. That was the best moment of the year, and it was a good one.

Every time there's a new article about this, we're going to have a thread with 10 pages of posts in 10 minutes. There is nothing new in this article. I just can't wait for something to happen so this whole mess is freakin' over.

EDIT: The whole "League sources" thing is also completely bogus. I wonder if JLC secretly rights these things under a pen name or something...

Ya that year pretty muched sucked, ill never forget the OT thriller where Brunell threw it up 2 moss in double coverage and ran it home for the win though. That was the best moment of the year, and it was a good one.

Oh yea! I was at that game sitting in the corner of the 400 section. I'll NEVER forget screaming as it seemed like Moss ran forever on that sideline and as he crossed the goal-line I threw my arms up in the air and looked at the dark sky and the moon was right between my hands...never forget it...

We also had the FG block on dallas though, don't forget that one

Oh yea! I was at that game sitting in the corner of the 400 section. I'll NEVER forget screaming as it seemed like Moss ran forever on that sideline and as he crossed the goal-line I threw my arms up in the air and looked at the dark sky and the moon was right between my hands...never forget it...

We also had the FG block on dallas though, don't forget that one

Thats way cool, I wish I was there. I live in Washington State so Ive never been to a game in DC yet, plane too. But that must have been really cool to be there. And yes any Dallas win in great in my book, but ya I still cant believe that horrible kicker put that ball threw the uprights!!

06, he didnt play all year, just a few games, and he was a rookie

He was a rookie in 05 not 06. A few games would be 3 or 4. He started 7 games or 44% of the season.

But don't let math or a calendar interfere with you incorrect assumptions. Facts don't really help arguing for JC anyway.

I dont think the offense is the reason for Santana always havin to jump 5 feet in the air to catch a pass from JC. JC imo is a really good fit for a team that is run dominate like he had at Auburn. JC has alot of ability but unfortunatly those abilities dont include.. Reading Defenses, Accuracy, Touch, Anticipation, Pocket Pressence, Quick Release, or self confidence on the football field.

Irrate Ramble- Drinking is fun lol

Campbell is probably a perfect fit for Gibbs offense but was out of place in Saunders offense. Throwing a pass where the reciever is gonna be is way different then throwing to where he is at and the later kills any chance of YAC. Jc due to his slow drop back and slow release just cant hit the slant routes that other QBs in the system have made a living off of. Campbell if he wants to be the guy needs to play like the guy then cause there are no more excuses for him.

that the skins offense 2 me is like a Ferrari that cant wait to fly down the road, only problem is under the hood/trunk is a Pinto engine. You can only go as fast as the motor allows you go. As skins fans we have watched for YEARS as our car has had everything imaginable done to it. We basically have added new wheels and tires, tint, stereo system, exhaust, clear bonnet cover, upgrade tires, ect but when you have a crappy engine your not gonna gain much. Skins either need to find a ferrari engine to put back in the car or take the engine out and put it back in the car it was fit for.

I think its sad that as far as im concerned we have had two Franchise type players at the QB position Sammy Baugh and maybe Sunny Jurgensen. how long has it been since you last saw them play??? Ill wait for it... 2 damn long. Rypien, Williams,and Theisman I have a hard time saying are Franchise type guys. Granted they won the super bowls for our team but couldnt maintain that level of play for a extended time.

"Reading Defenses, Accuracy, Touch, Anticipation, Pocket Pressence, Quick Release, or self confidence on the football field. "

Even Travaris Jackson can do at least 2 of those things. These are all the things any QB can do. If a good offensive line is present a quarterback can instantly have 3 seconds more to actually do most of these things.

I dont think the offense is the reason for Santana always havin to jump 5 feet in the air to catch a pass from JC. JC imo is a really good fit for a team that is run dominate like he had at Auburn. JC has alot of ability but unfortunatly those abilities dont include.. Reading Defenses, Accuracy, Touch, Anticipation, Pocket Pressence, Quick Release, or self confidence on the football field.

Irrate Ramble- Drinking is fun lol

Campbell is probably a perfect fit for Gibbs offense but was out of place in Saunders offense. Throwing a pass where the reciever is gonna be is way different then throwing to where he is at and the later kills any chance of YAC. Jc due to his slow drop back and slow release just cant hit the slant routes that other QBs in the system have made a living off of. Campbell if he wants to be the guy needs to play like the guy then cause there are no more excuses for him.

that the skins offense 2 me is like a Ferrari that cant wait to fly down the road, only problem is under the hood/trunk is a Pinto engine. You can only go as fast as the motor allows you go. As skins fans we have watched for YEARS as our car has had everything imaginable done to it. We basically have added new wheels and tires, tint, stereo system, exhaust, clear bonnet cover, upgrade tires, ect but when you have a crappy engine your not gonna gain much. Skins either need to find a ferrari engine to put back in the car or take the engine out and put it back in the car it was fit for.

I think its sad that as far as im concerned we have had two Franchise type players at the QB position Sammy Baugh and maybe Sunny Jurgensen. how long has it been since you last saw them play??? Ill wait for it... 2 damn long. Rypien, Williams,and Theisman I have a hard time saying are Franchise type guys. Granted they won the super bowls for our team but couldnt maintain that level of play for a extended time.

If you look back at last years tape JC made completions and did good when he had time to throw. That would be the first half of the year when the O-Line was healthy, and was making good holes for portis. There was time and then there was completions, weird how that works. Now not all of the problems were the O-Line, but they defenetly were not all on JC. The whole Moss being killed thing, as far as I know he is still alive, and I dodnt think there is one QB in the legue last year that didnt throw a ball high. He did it a couple of times, but he also threw some pretty balls to moss last year. Fix the O-Line give him a chance to perfect Zorns Offence and JC will have sucess!!

I also dont know how some people still think this is bogus that the skins are interested. they might not get him but its a fact there interested. Broncos havnt put him on the trading block and also havnt granted permission for teams to speak directly to him. Vinny cant even talk about going after him or it could be twisted into tampering. Titans still tryin to make a case For tampering 2.

I also dont know how some people still think this is bogus that the skins are interested. they might not get him but its a fact there interested. Broncos havnt put him on the trading block and also havnt granted permission for teams to speak directly to him. Vinny cant even talk about going after him or it could be twisted into tampering. Titans still tryin to make a case For tampering 2.

There are teams that need a QB alot worse than us, they are the teams that will persue him the most. I think he will be a Jet, or a Bear.

If you look back at last years tape JC made completions and did good when he had time to throw. That would be the first half of the year when the O-Line was healthy, and was making good holes for portis. There was time and then there was completions, weird how that works. Now not all of the problems were the O-Line, but they defenetly were not all on JC. The whole Moss being killed thing, as far as I know he is still alive, and I dodnt think there is one QB in the legue last year that didnt throw a ball high. He did it a couple of times, but he also threw some pretty balls to moss last year. Fix the O-Line give him a chance to perfect Zorns Offence and JC will have sucess!!

Is there any arguments and or dissagreements with this post I made.

Archived