Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Knowing

Toe Jam

For my money Nic Cage has made one (1) good film since his amazing Oscar-winning performance in "Leaving Las Vegas."

"Adaptation"- He played 2 screenwriting brothers and was awesome. A return to the old Cage when he wasn't afraid to be quirky and flawed.

Here's his IMDB page..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000115/

.. IMHO he couldn't miss all the way up to Leaving Las Vegas. Then he decided he was going to be an action hero and blew it. He's awful now.

His best films before LLV were

1. Raising Arizona

2. Wild at Heart (My personal fave)

3. Moonstruck

4. Vampire's Kiss

5. Peggy Sue Got Married

How can you not include "The Rock" in Cages best movies? I think that is up there!

As for knowing - Greatest Disaster scenes I have ever witnessed in a movie. The train wreck was excellent!

However -The ending piece was just dumb.

Spoilers and questions in Ninja....

How did the Aliens know what was going to happen and how many would die? How can they see in the future? Would have been a LOT better if it was say People from the future. Survivors (Not sure how there could be survivors...but we can overcome that) developed time travel, and they are on the verge of extension. So they were able to go back, warn of disasters, and rescue a few to help repopulate....

Would have been better then Aliens who could just see the future

TMK9973

I think the answer to your question is more likely based on a theological reference to the christian God. Notice that Cage's father is a pastor, the drawing of the scripture from Ezekiel which gives the final warning it's the sun. The tree of life at the end, I think it's more meant to be a take on angelic beings more so than aliens and of course end of times prohecy is also a biblical theme in itself. I also believe that the visuals concerning the beings themselves were left open enough for interpretation so that in fact you can see them as whatever you'd like.

• 1 month later...

Archived