Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Willis Visited Redskins Park on Wed (3/4)

bushwack

The Redskins have enough cap room left to make a deal for Willis or Brown :)

Remember the Skins only have 4 picks in the draft and if they trade down from #13 the pool for the picks may not be very large in terms of dollars committed to 2009.

Depending upon what happens in the offseason and the development of some of the younger picks from 2008, the Redskins could save some additional cap room by jettisoning backups such as Todd Yoder and James Thrash.

The Redskins have enough cap room left to make a deal for Willis or Brown :)

Remember the Skins only have 4 picks in the draft and if they trade down from #13 the pool for the picks may not be very large in terms of dollars committed to 2009.

Depending upon what happens in the offseason and the development of some of the younger picks from 2008, the Redskins could save some additional cap room by jettisoning backups such as Todd Yoder and James Thrash.

Exactly and I'm hoping Willis is their man.

I wouldn't draft a center with the first pick overall. I think that's overkill. While not an elite player Casey Rabach with the addition of Dockery on the left side is solid for us going into 2009.

Agreed. I would like us to pick up Willis and also in the draft like the later rounds maybe 5th round we could get the center from Penn State. AQ Shipley?

Me too, DB87. He'd be an excellent signing. I hope we sign him. Zorn aught to tell Snyder to pull the trigger. It would be one less position to worry about on draft day.:)

yea dude is a beast. id still might wanna get a T if one if the big 3-4, depending if youd take andre smith, are there

but ray willis and orakpo would make me happy.

hell the guy from lsu, jackson?

hed be nice too

Seattle fans are hoping and praying that Willis doesn't sign with the Skins.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114&f=1936&t=4031456

Interesting. Most of the Seahawk fans seem to think he is pretty good.

One question. Couldn't we release Jansen in July and have it count on next year's cap (which might be uncapped as well)? Or have they changed that rule?

Heyer is an incomplete tackle. He doesn't have a complete skill set to be a starter. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

I understand that he's a local kid, but the manlove for a guy with backup skills is not smart.

No manlove here...I wasn't even aware that he was a local guy. I've just seen too many good things come from guy and not enough bad things that could lead me to justification on him being a career backup.

Do I think he's currently ready to be a full-fledged starter in the NFL? Nope.

Do I think he's a season or two away from becoming one? Maybe.

That being said, I think it's in our best interest to ride out the Heyer/Jansen train for one more season (Ugh.) & use the money elsewhere such as OLB or DE. If we were talking LT (Jason's blind side) here, then I wouldn't trust Heyer....but at RT, I believe the man can get it done~

:2cents:

I say we go after Khalif Barnes now that he is signed. I like Barnes much better considering he excels at run blocking which is our strength on offense.

This posted today...

"Free agent OT Khalif Barnes is expected to sign a "multi-year deal" with the Raiders, according to the National Football Post.

He drew no interest elsewhere after the Saints re-signed Jon Stinchcomb. Barnes, 27, figures to get a better deal than Oakland gave Kwame Harris last year. Harris' "three-year" contract basically voided after one season."

Barnes backed out bro .. not going to raiders

Even if Barnes backed out of the Raiders deal, I don't see how the Skins can afford him. If they weren't willing or able to give Willis a decent contract, how would they be able to afford a guy like Barnes?

I guess that leaves Elton Brown as the last man standing. I wonder if he's willing to accept a smaller contract to compete for a starting RG or RT position, or even to be a back up.

Archived