Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent DE options for the Skins

Braxford

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2009DE.php

IF the Skins don't resign Demetric Evans and/or Phillip Daniels and decide to pick up another DE in free agency this offseason. Who do you think they should go for and why?

-- The only two DE's up there that I think are solid and would work well for the Skins would be Igor Olshansky or Josh Thomas. I like Bertrand Berry but I would like to see the Skins get younger at DE.--

Please merge this with every other free agent thread.

Why do non mod's on this board feel the need to make comments like this to people. It's not ur board, the mods aren;t gonna like u any better for saying this. WHo cares if other ppl post a thread that is similar to the others. If you dont; like it, just ignore the thread and go to the other one that u feel is the more proper thread to post in.

Why do non mod's on this board feel the need to make comments like this to people. It's not ur board, the mods aren;t gonna like u any better for saying this. WHo cares if other ppl post a thread that is similar to the others. If you dont; like it, just ignore the thread and go to the other one that u feel is the more proper thread to post in.

:chair: I care because I'm tired of seeing the same threads come up 30 different times. But because you asked so politely I'll make sure to leave it to the mods from now on. :saber:

:chair: I care because I'm tired of seeing the same threads come up 30 different times. But because you asked so politely I'll make sure to leave it to the mods from now on. :saber:

To tell you the truth, sometimes it's better when they dont; merge because then ppl don;t have to sift through 15+ pages of posts in order to keep a good conversation/ debate going

If the mods want to merge this thread that is fine with me. I was just trying to put up some free agent DE info up there in light of Jason Taylor being cut and the Skins looking for more depth now at that position. Most of the threads up here are about the draft anyways. imo

Draft Urakbo. Why? because he's nasty. No more free agent D linement

You mean Orakpo?

get_image?provider_id=240&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=559545

BEAST. I'd love to have him but I doubt he is there at #13, unfortunately.

6'3 263 lbs - with a 40 INCH vertical :rubeyes:

Benches 515 lbs

Squat over 600

Power Clean 380

Well I'll roll with it. I say bring in Igor and bring back Daniels. Then we'll have Igor, Daniels, Carter, Buzbee and Jackson for some pretty decent depth. We OBVIOUSLY draft Orakpo if he's there and he can rotate between DE and OLB, but since I believe he won't be there, bringing in Igor and bringing back Daniels and now with the recent news of Washington possibly coming back it allows us to draft an OT with #13 or trade back, grab Cushing or Matthews and a 2nd tier OL with the newly acquired 2nd round pick.

We have some money to spend. Let's look at things this way. Igor is the best FA available at the DE position. Crowell is the best FA LB at his position. What we don't fill in FA we need to fill in the draft. Personally, I'd like for us to grab Igor as he doesn't have an injury past. I'd like to see us sign Hunter Smith. He the best available FA punter. In the draft, trade down and select the best OT available. With our 2nd round pick get the best LB available. In the 3rd get the best DL available. In the 5th get the best OL and in the 6th get the best special team player available. JMO.

We have some money to spend. Let's look at things this way. Igor is the best FA available at the DE position. Crowell is the best FA LB at his position. What we don't fill in FA we need to fill in the draft. Personally, I'd like for us to grab Igor as he doesn't have an injury past. I'd like to see us sign Hunter Smith. He the best available FA punter. In the draft, trade down and select the best OT available. With our 2nd round pick get the best LB available. In the 3rd get the best DL available. In the 5th get the best OL and in the 6th get the best special team player available. JMO.

I like your ideas. We seem to be thinking alike with just the reverse on picking LB or OL first. I suppose it will all depend on who is available.

Yeah but Igor and Daniels are essentially the same DE. Both great at stuffing the run but struggle to get to the QB. Although Igor is definitely younger I dont see the need to sign both.

I only say bring back Daniels because he will be cheaper than Evans to re-sign and I feel like next year we'll be drafting a DE regardless to replace either Daniels or Carter eventually.

I like your ideas. We seem to be thinking alike with just the reverse on picking LB or OL first. I suppose it will all depend on who is available.

It could go either way. If there's a better LB available with our 1st, after a trade down, then draft him. There will be some quality OL, even OT available in the 2nd round.

I don't know what's going on with Igor Olshansky...

He's 26-- he's huge (6'6 300+) and banged out 43 reps on his pro day. As a 2nd round pick, he started as a rookie on the #3 rushing defense in the league. He's not going to get to the QB very often, but might be a perfect replacement for Phillip "Powerhouse" Daniels.

His production has dropped off though--- and because he's so young, I'm really hoping it's not an effect of steroid-use.

Actually. Mods have expressed to the more active and older members to let the new guys know when they've made a mistake so that they can learn from it and not make that same mistake again.

Just sayin.

Draft ORAKPO!!

Jason Reid is saying we are looking for a "veteran" DE. I just do not understand anymore with the FO of this team seriosuly. If we get an old fart instead of Igor, I am gonna stop caring.

I agree... and now word that they want to bring back Kendall on the OL... I don't get it... Will any of these old guys ever actually leave the team and we insert young guys in their places?!?!?!?!?! It does no good to find these young guys, draft them, sign them etc but not give them playing time.

Archived