Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth speaks on why he went to WAS, Jason Taylor, and Skins Needs

Andre3stacks

Alot of people have been questioning why we waited so long to get rid of taylor. Seems to me we kept him on the roster as an incentive for Haynesworth to come here. He talked about how its a good defense and how there are alot of strong established guys here that look ready to step up and play deep into the playoffs. One of the reasons for not going to Tampa was that they didn't seem as established

With the money he got,what more incentive did he need:laugh:

My guess is that the FO never intended to keep Taylor, but kept him around to make the defense look better on paper to Haynesworth and his agent. If thats true i wouldn't necessarily call it a bad move (12 million in cap space is lookin pretty good right now), but i hope Haynesworth doesn't feel like he was misled or had the rug pulled out from under him. If I was him, I'd be a little pissed with this move.

Once again the only paper AH and his agent cared about didnt have Taylors picture on it.:D

Has anyone ever been successfull after being on "Dances with the Stars"? We should have know just like the Tuna did.......What did we give up for him again? Was it a second rounder? :doh:

I don't think it's really what the tuna did. We were DESPERATE, until you understand that, you will forever look back at this trade and let it haunt you like a little baby in a wet bed.

We traded for Jason Taylor, we rushed Jason through injuries, we cut Jason most likely after knowing he wouldn't participate in off-season activities.

Taylor might have come more cheap had the Redskins been willing to trade before the Daniels injury, but we were DESPERATE ok. We had no DE who could play it well enough. Boo hoo go cry and be a baby about it.

Get over it.

you CAN replace Jason Taylor.....

Igor Olshansky will do just fine. Get it done Dan. This guy wants his DE.

Might as well get Crowell too

oh yea, don't forget about a RT

I'll co-sign on that. I've seen that dude play. Great against the run. Think Phillip Daniels but younger, and more durable.

. It'll hurt so bad if he ends up being another FA bust... and no, it wouldn't be "Vinny and Danny's" fault like everyone would love to say.

How could it NOT be Vinny and Danny's fault if he is a bust?

Seriously, how many mistakes can these guys make before you start holding them accountable?

If you repeatedly completely made horrible judgment calls on your job, how long before your boss does something about you?

Alot of people have been questioning why we waited so long to get rid of taylor. Seems to me we kept him on the roster as an incentive for Haynesworth to come here. He talked about how its a good defense and how there are alot of strong established guys here that look ready to step up and play deep into the playoffs. One of the reasons for not going to Tampa was that they didn't seem as established

My guess is that the FO never intended to keep Taylor, but kept him around to make the defense look better on paper to Haynesworth and his agent. If thats true i wouldn't necessarily call it a bad move (12 million in cap space is lookin pretty good right now), but i hope Haynesworth doesn't feel like he was misled or had the rug pulled out from under him. If I was him, I'd be a little pissed with this move.

yeah, if this is how it went down, then even though I don't agree with the Haynesworth move, I've got to think that Vinny played his hand perfectly in getting him here.

I don't think it's really what the tuna did. We were DESPERATE, until you understand that, you will forever look back at this trade and let it haunt you like a little baby in a wet bed.

We traded for Jason Taylor, we rushed Jason through injuries, we cut Jason most likely after knowing he wouldn't participate in off-season activities.

Taylor might have come more cheap had the Redskins been willing to trade before the Daniels injury, but we were DESPERATE ok. We had no DE who could play it well enough. Boo hoo go cry and be a baby about it.

Get over it.

and whose fault is it that we were desperate?

Has anyone ever been successfull after being on "Dances with the Stars"? We should have know just like the Tuna did.......What did we give up for him again? Was it a second rounder? :doh:

Get over it!! At the time, we were in a bind. If I were the GM I would not have given up that pick, but that's water under the dam. Let's move on and stop crying over last season.

I think Haynesworth was lied to. He probably believed that we were gonna keep Taylor. Now he's gotta play it off.

Are you serious? What makes you think he was lied to about our personnel? Taylor could have had a game ending injury this coming season, then what - conspiracy theorist.

Actually the timing on JT's release was because Taylor was due a 500K bonus on Tuesday (today), the FO was looking to renegotiate that bonus into a workout clause that JT declined. Which is where we are now.

Don't you know around here that there HAS to be a conspiracy involved with every move?

I don' t have a problem with your conclusions as to why we wanted Taylor out of here.

You are forgetting that Taylor may have felt uncomfortable in our defensive scheme. Maybe he thought too much was being asked of him. Players, like the rest of us, are superstitious. Possibly, he thought he would be better off either not coming back, and was given an out with a lame ass excuse or he wants to get out of the game.

So what I am saying, this was a two way street decision by both parties.

so what happens if the team decides that Wilson or someone else is ready to start, and Snyder doesn't go out and sign a big-name DE? Then what?

Sorry but I still think that even if true, it's not AH's place to make a comment like that. Even if unintentional, why risk dissing your new teammates who will be in the trenches with you?

Just maybe his experience suggested his remarks. He's absolutely correct. Putting too much pressure on him to be himself and more is not necessary. Get him some help.

And maybe Coach Blache knows more about the talents of our other DEs that he decided along with Vinny last season to pursue Taylor.

Actually the timing on JT's release was because Taylor was due a 500K bonus on Tuesday (today), the FO was looking to renegotiate that bonus into a workout clause that JT declined. Which is where we are now.

Those are facts. But, I think the FO knew Jason Taylor would bulk against that clause. Maybe Vinny was not aware of the strategy that Coach Zorn was trying to bring out the truth with regards to JT commitment to the off-season program. I believe Zorn wanted to get younger at the position.

Archived