Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Burgundy Burner’s ES/RR Nascar Challenge – Las Vegas

Burgundy Burner

Fixed it for you.

Can't get much tougher than starting out at the back of the pack today. Winning this race shows how great of a driver this guy really is.

No you didn't need to fix anything that will stick with him as long as he drives in my book. I don't care who he drives for.

I will never understand why he did that. That is the same to me when certain football players dont give it their all, or leave the field early. It sticks with them.

There's your problem right there.

Jr. fans still talk about that incident last season. They also pretend that Daytona never happened... EVER.

I gave you my honest answer why i do not like him.

What does JR have to do with this?

And for the record Dale JR was the driver who filled in with Kyle when he decided to quit on his team. Just so you know i liked Kyle before that.

That is the same to me when certain football players dont give it their all, or leave the field early. It sticks with them.

I don't know if I'd feel the same way. There were quite a few stories about Malcolm Kelly last season seemingly not being focused at all to better this team. If he ended up like Larry Fitzgerald, a super dominant force (like Kyle Busch has become on the racetrack), to me so long as he continues to show he's giving it all I wouldn't care about one incident in his immature past.

And for the record Dale JR was the driver who filled in with Kyle when he decided to quit on his team. Just so you know i liked Kyle before that.

At least you have a reason. Most of the people that look at me like I just said I'm a fan of Jeffery Dalmer don't even know why they hate him. I prod and they have nothing...

Context, man. I was responding to a guy directly speaking about Dale Jr. Naturally, my reply would also include the subject that I was responding about.

I left a voice message for the hog. An explosive day for fenway rooosh. :evilg:

lol

I didn't catch the race, but I saw Kenseth didn't finish. Sucks because I was going to change my pick from him to one of the Busch brothers (was leaning toward Kyle too), after I saw he qualified 40th. I just forgot to get on here and change it.:mad:

At least you have a reason. Most of the people that look at me like I just said I'm a fan of Jeffery Dalmer don't even know why they hate him. I prod and they have nothing...

Bottom line, people hate him because he's a winner. He also built a reputation early on as being somewhat of a prick. One of his first races ever (think this was a Nationwide race at Lowes) he made some smart alec comment after a race he won, or nearly won. Keep in mind he was just starting out and was only around 18. It riled alot of the veteran drivers.

Also, alot of fans out there are Jr fans. And they just don't like the fact that their driver has never lived up to the expectations. He can't even get it done at Hendrick, with pretty much the best equipment around.

Those are pretty much the main reasons.

Edit: FWIW, im not a fan of either Busch or Jr. This is my unbiased opinion. I also think the guy has matured alot in the last year or so. Kudos to him.

My bad.

I just hate it when people are talking about i driver and then another one gets thrown in.

Well it's true. The Dale Jr. fans I have been in contact with usually have an inordinate amount of distain for Kyle. Many won't tell me why so I suspect that it is because he stole his spotlight and they have an unrealistic loyalty and respect for the man.

Bottom line, people hate him because he's a winner. He also built a reputation early on as being somewhat of a prick. One of his first races ever (think this was a Nationwide race at Lowes) he made some smart alec comment after a race he won, or nearly won. Keep in mind he was just starting out and was only around 18. It riled alot of the veteran drivers.

Also, alot of fans out there are Jr fans. And they just don't like the fact that their driver has never lived up to the expectations. He can't even get it done at Hendrick, with pretty much the best equipment around.

Those are pretty much the main reasons.

Edit: FWIW, im not a fan of either Busch or Jr. This is my unbiased opinion. I also think the guy has matured alot in the last year or so. Kudos to him.

I appreciate all of that. I didn't follow Busch until he signed with JGR. So I guess I've been spared some of his earlier exploits and was able to be a fan just as he was starting to dominate. It just seems like the complaints against him are kind of just a veiled excuse to hold a grudge against a very talented driver; and he is most certainly that.

lol

I didn't catch the race, but I saw Kenseth didn't finish. Sucks because I was going to change my pick from him to one of the Busch brothers (was leaning toward Kyle too), after I saw he qualified 40th. I just forgot to get on here and change it.:mad:

Kenseth qualifies in the back quite frequently. And more times than not, he comes to the front and still posts a win, or a good finish. Came from the very back to win the Daytona 500 just this year.

Had his engine not went up in smoke he probably finishes top 5 or top 10 today. But I dropped him on all my fantasy teams because I didn't like the fact that he was only 20th in the final practice on Saturday. That, and his comments prior to the race today that he didn't seem too confident in this car since they unloaded on Friday.

Btw, Kyle Busch started dead last and won. So I don't really understand your reasoning for wanting to change drivers. Unless you didn't know that Kyle was starting dead last.

Kenseth qualifies in the back quite frequently. And more times than not, he comes to the front and still posts a win, or a good finish. Came from the very back to win the Daytona 500 just this year.

Had his engine not went up in smoke he probably finishes top 5 or top 10 today. But I dropped him on all my fantasy teams because I didn't like the fact that he was only 20th in the final practice on Saturday. That, and his comments prior to the race today that he didn't seem too confident in this car since they unloaded on Friday.

Btw, Kyle Busch started dead last and won. So I don't really understand your reasoning for wanting to change drivers. Unless you didn't know that Kyle was starting dead last.

I didn't know that... I thought he qualified like 3rd or something.

I appreciate all of that. I didn't follow Busch until he signed with JGR. So I guess I've been spared some of his earlier exploits and was able to be a fan just as he was starting to dominate. It just seems like the complaints against him are kind of just a veiled excuse to hold a grudge against a very talented driver; and he is most certainly that.

No problem, man. Also, keep in mind that Nascar was pretty much born in the south. Southern sport that has grown, nationally. And Kyle is from Las Vegas. In many fans' eyes, "he's not one of them". Kurt Busch wasn't very popular in his earlier days, either. He still isn't. But not to the degree that he once was. You see, Kurt used to win races in his earlier days, too. And also won a title.

But the more Kyle keeps winning and maturing, fans' disdain will die down and he will start to gain more respect. That goes for all the drivers in the garage, too. Hell, earlier today an interview was shown where Jeff Gordon said he only wished he had has much talent as Kyle. Pretty strong statement right there, guys.

I didn't know that... I thought he qualified like 3rd or something.

Kyle actually won the pole for this race. But because of an engine change after qualifying he had to start in the rear. He's still credited with winning the pole. But, in actuality, he started dead last. I think that's only the second time ever that a driver had started 43rd and gone on to win. Guy is amazing. No doubt about that.

Kyle actually won the pole for this race. But because of an engine change after qualifying he had to start in the rear. He's still credited with winning the pole. But, in actuality, he started dead last. I think that's only the second time ever that a driver had started 43rd and gone on to win. Guy is amazing. No doubt about that.

Oh gotcha. That's where the confusion was coming from then.

I'm starting to see a trend. Just a theory mind you. If you start in the back you get away from that early wreck that always seem to be in the middle of the pack. You can use caution flags to gain spots while everyone else is wrecking themselves out of contention. Why race a guy all day? Stay back a little and let someone else wreck him. That puts both of them out and when the yellow comes out the guys in the front tend to pit. You race up to them and when the race starts back again your all the way at the front. NOW, let's go racin'. It seems to be a gamble, but it might not be totally out of the relm.

Archived