Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How did Jason Campbell Take TWO Wonderlic Tests?

Thinking Skins

From what I've read a player takes it early and if they do poorly can retake it. Like Bubba said similar to the SAT's.

Most agents have tutors that help prep draftees to prepare for the wonderlic. But again it isn't really a measure of how successful someone is going to be. Alex Smith scored close to a perfect if I recall correctly...

This thread speaks to why the Wonderlic test shouldn't even be administered. I can understand teams wanting a standard instrument to gauge the intellect of an individual, but the public broadcast of scores is out-of-line. Sports is a performanced based business. The only people who truly care about the wonderlic test scores are fans because we look for anything that canr emotely justify the salaries paid to persons who play a game.

The wonderlic tests has never helped a player catch a ball, run faster, hit harder, throw a ball, or react more quickly on the field. Since that is what constitutes the actions of a football player, it is useless. The vast majority of athletes I know, or have been in contact with aren't super-smart. There are some extremely smart athletes that I know, but they don't make up a large majority of the ones I know. With that said, I am smarter than most of them while I'm sleeping, but on their worst day, I can't do 1/2 of what they are able to do if it's my best day.

At the end of the day, no Superbowl champ is determined by a wonderlic score so it's actually useless to discuss IMHO.

This thread speaks to why the Wonderlic test shouldn't even be administered.

The wonderlic tests has never helped a player catch a ball, run faster, hit harder, throw a ball, or react more quickly on the field.

At the end of the day, no Superbowl champ is determined by a wonderlic score so it's actually useless to discuss IMHO.

If I were looking at a Wonderlic score the only part I would be concerned with would be how many questions were attempted. I've read that to get all the way through the test a person can't spend more than 12 seconds on each question so the quicker thinking, to me, would be what counted the most even if the answer wasn't right.

I think the question of HOW he took two wunderlick tests is quite easily answered: He took one...then he took the other:silly::silly:hahahalololol:ols::ols::silly::silly:

Seriously, though, wunderlick tests mean nothing, but to the point they do mean something is quick thinking, not overall intelligence. That's why someone should not be allowed to take the test twice. Take it once...if someone's too dense to understand the directions given to them before the test, they probably shouldn't score that high on the test to begin with. JC scored a 14 because he "didn't understand the directions" shows that he's not very quick thinking. After a few months and constant tutoring and explanation he managed to get through a lot more questions. Big surprise that he got a much higher score.

To be fair, he had short fonts on his instructions during that first test. Plus the lighting was old, if the school had invested in new light bulbs for the test room instead of sticking with aging lighting, he would have scored much better. You can't bubble in the scantron with flickering lights and expect to be measured on the same scale as everyone else.

The janitor was also replaced every year he was there. Each one with a different style of bulb they used. The last janitor who was an assistant to an assistant janitor at a test center that consistently produced high scores even said it take at least 3 years taking tests with those lights to learn how to do it. And you have to throw out the top scores of the guys that scored really high under unconventional lighting circumstances. Those are a fluke product of the lights and not the test taker.

The wonderlic tests has never helped a player catch a ball, run faster, hit harder, throw a ball, or react more quickly on the field. Since that is what constitutes the actions of a football player, it is useless. The vast majority of athletes I know, or have been in contact with aren't super-smart. There are some extremely smart athletes that I know, but they don't make up a large majority of the ones I know. With that said, I am smarter than most of them while I'm sleeping, but on their worst day, I can't do 1/2 of what they are able to do if it's my best day.

Great post. During the Combine, John Gruden was asked the following question: "Coach, what are your feelings about the Wonderlich test providing a barometer as to football success?"

Answer: "I don't think there are any football questions on that test."

So, kappaluvacee, you're in pretty good company. If there is one glaring example of how little the test scores can predict NFL success, it's Alex Smith. Nearly perfect score, less than perfect NFL career.

To be fair, he had short fonts on his instructions during that first test. Plus the lighting was old, if the school had invested in new light bulbs for the test room instead of sticking with aging lighting, he would have scored much better. You can't bubble in the scantron with flickering lights and expect to be measured on the same scale as everyone else.

The janitor was also replaced every year he was there. Each one with a different style of bulb they used. The last janitor who was an assistant to an assistant janitor at a test center that consistently produced high scores even said it take at least 3 years taking tests with those lights to learn how to do it. And you have to throw out the top scores of the guys that scored really high under unconventional lighting circumstances. Those are a fluke product of the lights and not the test taker.

SoCal.......this is THE post of the year!

Very well done!

Alright to be fair, how did Todd and Colt score on their test, and how many times did they take it.

From what I'm reading, Brennan scored a 24. Can't find Collins' score, but I'm sure it was really high.

Still, the score matters very little. You see a lot of very good QBs with low scores and a lot of crummy QBs with high scores.

BLAAAARGH Jason is too dumb to play QB BLAAAARGH

I think I summed up what we're going to see in the thread.

/thread.

Its not even known if this is normal practice. Players could take it 10 times for all we know. Stop with the asinine insinuations, get over it, hes our QB. Man you guys are brutal, just brutal.

Steven Hawking scored a 50 on the Wonderlic, but he couldn't avoid the weak side blitz. ...By way of saying that the Wonderlic is but one tool to get a complete picture of a person, but is worthless to the point of randomness as a predictor of football success.

Archived