Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers agree to terms with Gross and Tags Peppers

gobigred

Well at least for now we don't have to worry about Peppers going to Dallas. I always thought Carolina would be crazy to let this guy go. Guys like him just don't come around often. They may still trade but I can't see it unless team is willing to give up a whole lot and I don't think just a 1st round pick is going to get it done. I followed Peppers since NC days I knew he was the real deal. If it was not for Hanyesworth he would be biggest FA out there on the defense side.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#554559

Well at least for now we don't have to worry about Peppers going to Dallas. I always thought Carolina would be crazy to let this guy go. Guys like him just don't come around often. They may still trade but I can't see it unless team is willing to give up a whole lot and I don't think just a 1st round pick is going to get it done. I followed Peppers since NC days I knew he was the real deal. If it was not for Hanyesworth he would be biggest FA out there on the defense side.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#554559

same here. i followed peppers more in basketball from when i worked on the clemson paper. and a little cuz my cousins husband played with him at UNC. but he graduated in 2000 and peppers had only been there a year or two.

To be fair man, this does kinda' impact the 'Skins. (Certainly as regards what a lot of the close-season threads have been about.).

Hail.

It impacts the Skins in no such way. The Redskins have not come out and said they were interested. Heck, reports have said that they would not spend a lot this season. If you reasoning is that we started threads about players we want as it relates to the 'Skins, then you can post every FA player from roster hopeful to perennial pro bowler who gets signed.

Do anyone know our cap space. I am just wondering where we are you know that Taylor trade really hurt us I think in regards of FA we probably have not seen some of the talent coming out in a long time. In the draft I believe this is going to be a good class not just what I read but my gut tells me this is going to be a great draft. We need to make the Hall trade happen to make offseason a real success in regards as getting talent if we don't have cap space.

Do anyone know our cap space. I am just wondering where we are you know that Taylor trade really hurt us I think in regards of FA we probably have not seen some of the talent coming out in a long time. In the draft I believe this is going to be a good class not just what I read but my gut tells me this is going to be a great draft. We need to make the Hall trade happen to make offseason a real success in regards as getting talent if we don't have cap space.

Jason Taylor doesn't have any money guaranteed by us this year. He has a $8.5M cap number, but if we cut him, there's no backlash of dead cap. It wipes off $8.5 from the books. We can save about $25M by getting rid of some aging vets, as mentioned in other threads. If there is someone who the Front Office deems worthy, we could maneuver enough to get them.

However, long-term you have to look at the consequences of tying up a bunch of money if a small group of high-priced players.

There are a lot of teams tagging their players right now and it got me kind of interested. I'm kinda of ignorant in this type of thing so bear with me. So far this year it looks like 13 players have been tagged. We of course don't have anyone to place a tag on this year. I asked yesterday about who the last player we tagged, and it was Champ Bailey in 2004 I believe. I guess my question is, what does this say about our team? Surely most teams have tagged a player during this time. The furthest I can find records for is back to 2007. Since that time 22 teams have placed a tag on a player, some of them more than once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag

Archived