Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers agree to terms with Gross and Tags Peppers

gobigred

All I have to say is HOLT ****ING ****!!!

"Panthers signed LT Jordan Gross to a six-year contract. The deal is worth nearly $60 million and includes $30.5 million in the first three years."

We certainly could not afford that for a 29 year old OL!!!

That's nutty, but good for Carolina. Better for us. Gross is excellent, but we don't need to be throwing that kind of money out there on a nearly 30-year old tackle (we've already got those).

Carolina has been beaten up PR-wise a lot this off-season -- many coaches leaving to take lesser jobs -- so this was smart for them to sew up their top FA.

Actually I'd think we are the odd team out.

PHI and NYG play way more aggressive with their DL and DAL plays the 3-4 that he's suddenly in love with.

But the Giants wouldn't want him. It would be completely unrealistic for him to expect the Giants to trade for him. The Redskins, on the other hand, (from the perspective of a player) have free-spending Dan Snyder as owner and the team REALLY needs a defensive end.

But the Giants wouldn't want him. It would be completely unrealistic for him to expect the Giants to trade for him. The Redskins, on the other hand, (from the perspective of a player) have free-spending Dan Snyder as owner and the team REALLY needs a defensive end.

He's coming from a conservative D (as far as scheming to bring pressure goes) and probably sees us as more of the same.

I've been begging for an elite DE for a looooong time...I just don't think Peppers sees us as an attacking scheme where he could be the last piece of the puzzle.

With all the attention he'd get it would help Carter alot more than him and I'm sure that's not what he's after.

Well at least for now we don't have to worry about Peppers going to Dallas. I always thought Carolina would be crazy to let this guy go. Guys like him just don't come around often. They may still trade but I can't see it unless team is willing to give up a whole lot and I don't think just a 1st round pick is going to get it done. I followed Peppers since NC days I knew he was the real deal. If it was not for Hanyesworth he would be biggest FA out there on the defense side.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#554559

Dude, Peppers is one of the more overrated players in the NFL. He takes plays off all the time. Not a good guy in the locker room. In fact, many former Panther teammates of his often come on the local sports radio and diss the guy. Panthers' front office knows what they're doing. Great moves, both signing Gross, and franchising Peppers. Wherever he goes, that team is getting screwed. Trust me.

Peppers is doing this ALL for the money. Hes a Carolina boy through and through, hes got a beautiful house right on Lake Norman. the ONLY reason he's leaving is for money.

that tells me the skins are one of them and the eagles or giants are the odd team out.

The Panthers offered him like an 80 mil contract or something before the season. Panthers said they'd switch their defense to fit him, he still wants out.

Also, I doubt it's the Skins seeing as he's said he wants to go to a 3-4 team.

Archived