Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Colt Brennan run the Run N Shoot offense in the NFL? Disscussion

Lavarleap56

];6149301']Colt Brennan could be a HOF Quartberack here.

All we need to do is draft/sign an Elite OL and let them block all day for him. He's proven in college that he can get the ball to one of 4 or 5 receivers if he has time.

Thats a very ambigous claim though. Almost any QB can succeed behind that kind of line' date=' but seeing as how thats how Colt made his mark, it would be perfect for him[/b']

I think you are confusing Colt for Jason. Colt has already shown he has a quick release and gets rid of the ball quickly, see all of his videos on YouTube. His vision of the field and gaming capability still needs to be proven at the NFL level, but his quick release is already an indication that he does not need extra time behind a line nor does he need an elite O-Line as you suggest.

I think you are confusing Colt for Jason. Colt has already shown he has a quick release and gets rid of the ball quickly, see all of his videos on YouTube. His vision of the field and gaming capability still needs to be proven at the NFL level, but his quick release is already an indication that he does not need extra time behind a line nor does he need an elite O-Line as you suggest.

I won't get personal, but man, this is ridiculous.

Campbell - undefeated in SEC. Brennan - SMOKED in his bowl game.

I won't get personal, but man, this is ridiculous.

Campbell - undefeated in SEC. Brennan - SMOKED in his bowl game.

What's ridiculous is your attempt to down play Colt's abilities by stating one bowl game yet you ignore the fact that for two years in a row, Colt was a Heisman nominee, 6th in '06 and 3rd in '07.

Care to tell me how you are more of an expert than the multitude of coaches, sports writers, and analysts that vote for the Heisman?

No...Andre Ware was pretty much the Run and Shoot Prototype coming out of Houston. Detroit ran the run and shoot in the NFL but Andre Ware didn't exactly excel there.

Colt Brennan is the Run and Shoot prototype - no one ran it better. Think of the QBs June Jones has coached - Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Jeff George all in a run and shoot offense and yet calls Brennan the best he's ever seen.

Short answer - NO

Long Answer - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In honor of the Oscars, this quote gets a nomination...

I wonder how long until someone says we should hire Mike Leach to be the coach?
we should hire mike leach to be the coach

But this quote takes the award. I completely fell out of my chair. Well done.

As for the RUn and Shoot, well, it tends to score points, and teams tend to lose games anyway. In shootouts. So it's kindof gone in the NFL. Though, I'll tell you what: if CB could run the R&S, and put up 35 points a game, I'll take my chances. Don't think it would happen, but eh, I'll take my chances.

Now to reply to some other JC vs. CB stuff...

Just let them go head to head, give them both plenty of time in pre-season and then we can figure out who's better.

It there had been an open competition last year, the order would have been JC, TC, CB. If there is an open competition this year, I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts the order won't change. CB will be the inactive 3rd string QB again. Though I have basically heard that Zorn is going to give him every opportunity to win the backup job.

What's ridiculous is your attempt to down play Colt's abilities by stating one bowl game yet you ignore the fact that for two years in a row, Colt was a Heisman nominee, 6th in '06 and 3rd in '07.

Care to tell me how you are more of an expert than the multitude of coaches, sports writers, and analysts that vote for the Heisman?

JC was the MVP of the SEC championship game and 2 bowl games. Peyton got smoked in his last bowl game, but is either the best or second best QB in the league. Ryan Leaf was drafted 1 pick behind Peyton. All 32 teams passed on Tom Brady at least 4 times. Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round. Joe Jacoby was an undrafted free-agent, and there were like 6000 rounds in the draft. Matt Cassell hasn't started a game since HS, and he was franchised by the Pats. Brad Johnson was never a starter at Florida State, but played in the NFL and won a SB. John Elways was the first player chosen in his draft, and went on to be a great player.

What does this prove? It proves that college performances means virtually nothing when it comes to the pros. Trying to determine how succesful a player will be in the pros based on whatever the did before they got to the NFL is a waste of time.

Eric Crouch won the Heismann. Winning the Heismann or being considered for the Heismann doesn't make you Sonny Jurgensen or Dan Marino. He was a very good college player, but that doesn't mean that he will be a great or HOF pro player. We may never know fully, but gauging from Coach Zorn's comments, Colt doesn't appear to be ready for the offense just yet. He wasn't even sure that he was going to be able to beat out Todd Collins.

The NFL is not about how good a specific offense is, or how well some individual can run it. The NFL is about adjusting. Because no matter how good your offense and scheme is, the next year everyone will have figured it out(See: 2007-2008 Cowboys). You cannot be a one trick pony in the NFL.

JC was the MVP of the SEC championship game and 2 bowl games. Peyton got smoked in his last bowl game, but is either the best or second best QB in the league. Ryan Leaf was drafted 1 pick behind Peyton. All 32 teams passed on Tom Brady at least 4 times. Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round. Joe Jacoby was an undrafted free-agent, and there were like 6000 rounds in the draft. Matt Cassell hasn't started a game since HS, and he was franchised by the Pats. Brad Johnson was never a starter at Florida State, but played in the NFL and won a SB. John Elways was the first player chosen in his draft, and went on to be a great player.

What does this prove? It proves that college performances means virtually nothing when it comes to the pros. Trying to determine how succesful a player will be in the pros based on whatever the did before they got to the NFL is a waste of time.

Eric Crouch won the Heismann. Winning the Heismann or being considered for the Heismann doesn't make you Sonny Jurgensen or Dan Marino. He was a very good college player, but that doesn't mean that he will be a great or HOF pro player. We may never know fully, but gauging from Coach Zorn's comments, Colt doesn't appear to be ready for the offense just yet. He wasn't even sure that he was going to be able to beat out Todd Collins.
Heath Shuler was runner-up for the Heisman, and we actually played him. If you can call it that.

Can't win if I try. People bang on Colt for the Sugar bowl but ignore his many achievements. These same people tout Campbells last year of college, but say that you can't predict how Colt will do by his college career. So make up your minds!!!!!

Archived