Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Values of Redskins by Draft Picks

HRNY4ZRNY

This is a thread I posted when I was new to ES. Its old but I wanted to see what people think now.

With a possible new regime coming in and not having many draft picks, what are some trades we could make in the offseason?

I think our biggest bargaining chips are Cooley, Landry and Moss.

Do you think we could get a 1st for Cooley and Landry?

How would you all aquire more picks?

Campbell- 2nd Round pick-- Lions

stupid on our part

Moss- 2nd and 4th-- Seahawks

why would you want to trade moss w/ the cap hit we would take?

Cooley- 2nd- Cheifs

we could get a 1st for cooley from someone, but why would we trade the most popular player on our team, who also produces

Sellars- Maybe a 3rd?- Bucs

no way we'd get a 3rd for sellers....I'd say a 6th at best....he is getting up there in age.....again, why would you want to trade him?

Rogers- 2nd- Cardinals

possible, I'd rather keep him

Landry- 1st- Cowboys

no trading with the cowboys

Horton- 5th- Raiders?

Horton is worth more than a 5th

Betts- 4th maybe? Lions

Betts is worth a 7th at best, two years ago we could have gotten a 4th

Randle el- Could we get anything? Maybe a late round

no one in their right mind would want his contract for the production they would get.

Macintosh- 5th Rams

Rocky is worth more than a 5th

Portis- 2nd-- Broncos ha

no way....RBs are a dime a dozen...no one is spending a first day pick on a 27 year old RB w/ lots of mileage.

Are you advocating the trading of all these players? I hope the cap triples before next season so the team can absorb all the hits. But of course this would be alleviated by the fact that the team would only have 30 players on it's roster.

Im not saying I want to trade anyone. Im wondering there value though. Theres no harm in knowing there value.

Who could we get the most for? Landry? Rogers? I dont really know. I wanted to know what you all thought.

I guess what sucks is I love the draft. Its one of the most fun days of the year and we only have 4 picks. So we have 1 on the first day of the draft. I wish we would stop sending them away.

Im not saying I want to trade anyone. Im wondering there value though. Theres no harm in knowing there value.

Value only comes into play when something is being sold.

For example, my house might be worth $400k today, but when I try to sell it in a year, it might be worth $20k. So does today's value matter if I'm not trying to sell it?

Now that I'm on the subject, is anyone looking for a house? GREAT value!

I guess what sucks is I love the draft. Its one of the most fun days of the year and we only have 4 picks. So we have 1 on the first day of the draft. I wish we would stop sending them away.

The sad state of the franchise when draft day is more fun than the regular season.

Thread = fail

Campbell- 2nd Round pick-- Lions

Not a chance, if someone offered a 3rd rounder for him even if it were Pittsburgh I would be shocked

Moss- 2nd and 4th-- Seahawks

Not happening. Moss isn't worth a 2nd, let alone a 2nd and 4th

Cooley- 2nd- Cheifs

This is the team with the best TE in the league? No way in hell

Sellars- Maybe a 3rd?- Bucs

Hahaha

Rogers- 2nd- Cardinals

Possible, but we'd be dumb to take that even after reading all of the posts here with imaginary comments that were never said stating he said he's gone

Landry- 1st- Cowboys

The Cowboys? Are you serious?????

Horton- 5th- Raiders?

Why in the hell would we trade our ROTY for a 5th round pick?

Betts- 4th maybe? Lions

We wouldn't even get a 7th rounder for him

Randle el- Could we get anything? Maybe a late round

Hell no, no ones going to give us anything for El

Macintosh- 5th Rams

5th? Please. He's worth more then that

Portis- 2nd-- Broncos ha

Not a chance

• 9 months later...

Bumped this from along time ago see what everyone thinks now.

I think we could package Moss, Landry and Cooley to a team like the cheifs for a 1st round pick.

We have quality depth at S and TE. We would need to replace Moss with a FA. Possibly Vincent Jackson.

That would mean we have two 1st rounds picks. If we traded back with one of those 1st round picks for an extra 2nd our draft could look like this.

1st

1st

2nd

2nd

4th

5th

7th

That would really help get us a great O Line. Then with FA we fill rest of our needs with young talent that dont have big names.

Question is could we get a 1st for Landry, Cooley and Moss?

Archived