Final win total  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Final win total

• Low enough to get the 1st pick
    • 5 wins to get a top 5 pick
    • Less then 7 wins to get a top 10 pick
    • 8-10 wins to get a 11-20 pick
    • 10 plus wins to make the playoffs and draft 21-31

id like to keep bumping this thread til our big day starts.

my biggest concern is do we trade rogers for another player, or picks.

Hopefuly we can restructure him for a reasonable contract but it doesn't look like that will happen. My 2nd choice would be to keep him for next season and continue to attempt to re-sign him.

If we do trade him... picks.

Who is on your wish list, BLC?

I don't think we're going to be big spenders in FA. If that is the case, I would like to see us bring in a value LB and OL. That probably rules out K. Dansby and J. Gross. Maybe V. Carey of Miami if he's not too expensive.

If we can land a LB and a G or T in FA, I would like us to use the draft to restock the OL while picking up a DT and, depending on how many picks we can accumulate via player trades or trade downs, a quick change of pace RB.

Don't you mean that's when we cement the END of our playoff chances? Lol. I kid, I kid.

It's always exciting regardless, because you want to see what direction Vinny is going in after the kind of offseason we had last year. I think we can expect a few mid level veterans to come in, but mostly, to say goodbye to some veterans on our team.

Oh yeah. And Hall getting resigned.

I know because the 4 draft picks we have will be instant starters and superstars for us right away :rolleyes:

Just because we made the mistake of screwing up the 2009 draft doesn't mean we need to compound that mistake by bringing in a bunch of big name, overpaid free agents nearing the twilight of their career.

Only a few players I REALLY hope to acquire.

1. Vernon Carey, however the Dolphins REALLY want to keep him.

2. Ritchie Incognito-won't be cheap but is a franchise guard. Draft another franchise tackle and you are looking at a side to be able to run to for many years.

3.. Angelo Crowell-great value for a real team guy who plays smart and physical.

5. Channing Crowder-sideline to sideline backer who is a sure tackler.

6. Colin Cole-sleeper DT that really emerged last year who the Packers want to keep, but can't, especially switching to a 3-4.

2. Ritchie Incognito-won't be cheap but is a franchise guard. Draft another franchise tackle and you are looking at a side to be able to run to for many years.

3.. Angelo Crowell-great value for a real team guy who plays smart and physical.

6. Colin Cole-sleeper DT that really emerged last year who the Packers want to keep, but can't, especially switching to a 3-4.

Like the list. Agreed that Carey will be hard to pluck. Incognito will be, too. I would be happy with Crowell or Crowder and neither will be as expensive as K. Dansby.

Now this list I can appreciate. A welcome diversion from the Haynesworth, Gross, Suggs posts.

I really think that Khalif Barnes could be a diamond in the rough. He could be our RT for years to come.

Angelo Crowell could certainly be a productive bargain deal.

If we could manage to sign DT Rocky Bernard for a 3 yr deal (not a 5-6 yr one) that could be a good move. Last year he had 55 tackles and 4 sacks for the Seahawks. He's 29, that's why it can't be an enormous contract.

If we could land players such as: Incognito, Leroy Hill/Michael Boley (OLB), I'd be happy too.

Draft: Look for Jason Smith/Eugene Monroe at OT, Orakpo at DE (maybe we could somehow use him how Pittsburgh uses their OLB's), BJ Raji at DT, Maualuga at LB...

if those guys aren't there at pick 13, I would seriously trade back for a late 1st and get our 2nd-rounder back. Look for Alex Mack in the late first! He could do some damage at LG for us and could be a future Pro-Bowler at center (Rabach isn't getting any younger).

In order do a lot of maneuvering in FA, I think we probably need to cut Washington, Taylor, Griff, Springs, Daniels, Thrash. I love these "true Redskins", but it's time to invest in the future. I really hope the FO does what is necessary.

carey is gonna be 28 in july and we all know what happens to guys once they reach that 30 mark. he doesnt seem like a long term solution.

incognito is 25, im all for this guy. FAs that are young and can play for a long time is what i agree with.

crowell will also be 28 at the beginning of the season. 28 is too old for a FA in my opinion because once they hit that 30 age things start to go wrong healtwise with them.

crowder supposedly has knee problems if i remember correctly. he also plays MLB which fletcher has on lockdown. but hes the perfect age if hes gonna play WLB or SLB.

dont know anything about cole but hes 29 and is def. not a long term solution at DT, which is probablyt he biggest glaring hole on the team.

yes to FAs that are 25/26 years old. no to older ones. plz k thx.

Just because we made the mistake of screwing up the 2009 draft doesn't mean we need to compound that mistake by bringing in a bunch of big name, overpaid free agents nearing the twilight of their career.

I wouldnt say Gross or Haynesworth fit that bill. I think the mentality that big FA is always bad and trading down for more draft picks is always good has been running rampant on these boards for too long.

If one of the big 4 OLT or Raji is there at 13, we stay. The problem is, if they aren't there, who will want to trade with us? I wish Mays and Bradford were in this draft.

I really think that Khalif Barnes could be a diamond in the rough. He could be our RT for years to come.

Angelo Crowell could certainly be a productive bargain deal.

If we could manage to sign DT Rocky Bernard for a 3 yr deal (not a 5-6 yr one) that could be a good move. Last year he had 55 tackles and 4 sacks for the Seahawks. He's 29, that's why it can't be an enormous contract.

If we could land players such as: Incognito, Leroy Hill/Michael Boley (OLB), I'd be happy too.

Draft: Look for Jason Smith/Eugene Monroe at OT, Orakpo at DE (maybe we could somehow use him how Pittsburgh uses their OLB's), BJ Raji at DT, Maualuga at LB...

if those guys aren't there at pick 13, I would seriously trade back for a late 1st and get our 2nd-rounder back. Look for Alex Mack in the late first! He could do some damage at LG for us and could be a future Pro-Bowler at center (Rabach isn't getting any younger).

In order do a lot of maneuvering in FA, I think we probably need to cut Washington, Taylor, Griff, Springs, Daniels, Thrash. I love these "true Redskins", but it's time to invest in the future. I really hope the FO does what is necessary.

i agree that kalif barnes is a good pickup. supposedly he struggled really bad in pass pro last year but hes still a monster in the run game. and hes a first rounder, so hes got skills. maybe he just needs a little coaching from joe bugle and a change of scenery. he'll be 27 to start the season so hes right on the cusp of too old, but if he can give us 3 or 4 years thats pretty good. no overspending for this guy though, that would suck.

bernard will be 30 this season: no thank you at all.

dont know if boley is a great idea, hes a mediocre linebacker. i honestly think suggs would be a good idea, hes the only high priced guy id spend money on because he can do so much and hes young. hes 26 and will be 27 middle of next season. hes a big pass rush threat and hes a turnover guy. hes a legit playmaker, something our defense lacks in the front 7 currently.

I wouldnt say Gross or Haynesworth fit that bill. I think the mentality that big FA is always bad and trading down for more draft picks is always good has been running rampant on these boards for too long.

If one of the big 4 OLT or Raji is there at 13, we stay. The problem is, if they aren't there, who will want to trade with us? I wish Mays and Bradford were in this draft.

A. We can't afford both

B. There is no guarantee either one of them want to come here (see above)

C. It doesn't matter how many draft picks we can accumulate. Vinny will screw it up.

A very solid strategy you have mapped out. I think the FA approach of the last 2 offseasons needs to be the approach to this one and would allow us to relieve some cap issues quickly

Getting more then 4 picks this year would be nice. Although I have a feeling Duke Robinson will go higher

Archived