Final win total  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Final win total

• Low enough to get the 1st pick
    • 5 wins to get a top 5 pick
    • Less then 7 wins to get a top 10 pick
    • 8-10 wins to get a 11-20 pick
    • 10 plus wins to make the playoffs and draft 21-31

Were going to have to make some kind of move in FA this year. The other teams in the NFC East will be making moves most notably A. Boulden. Iggles and Giants were talked about this morning. Boulden goes to either team it's instant upgrade. Iggles would have Jackson/Boulden and Giants Plax/Boulden which leads me to the point that we wont get rid of Rogers. For one we would take a cap hit. Second were not going to pay for Hall and Springs so one of them have to go(hopefully SS).

I would take a hard look at the LBs in FA. We only have a few picks. #13 better be RT. 3rd round DT. Were not going to get a quality LB later than that.

Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Bart Scott, UFA, Baltimore Ravens

Angelo Crowell, UFA, Buffalo Bills

Channing Crowder, UFA, Miami Dolphins

Leroy Hill, UFA, Seattle Sehawks

1. SLB Angelo Crowell to a 5 year deal - has pro bowl potential. Played with Fletcher before so should be able to fit very well with the team very quickly.

2. OG/C Jason Brown to a 7 year deal - center guard player from the Ravens. Will be 26 next year so he's a young guy with and could be center of the future and play left guard for us next year.

3. K Shayne Grahamn or K Jay Feeley - Suisham looks lost out there and is not clutch in crucial situations.

4. P Shane Lechler - Not sure if we can get him out of Oakland, but he's the best punter in the game.

I will continue to say that I feel that Jordon Gross will be worth the $ that he will be seeking on the open market. Vernon Carey is an intersting name, but I think ultimatley Parcells will find a way to reach a deal with him.

Jordon Gross would will an immediate need, and we can also follow our draft plan to draft OL. It allows Heyer to keep developing, and it also adds depth when all is said and done.

say no to Maualuga. I would rather have Laurenitis at 13 than Ray. He has bust all over him.

What no offense but James Laurinaitis will either be a late first or secound round pick, will struggle in coverage with fast backs or tight ends. maualuga has way higher upside and better big play abilty.

as for the redskins begin active in fa I believe yes , I believe marcus washington is gone, james thrash is gone, and jason taylor is gone. I believe the skins will make one big signing (snyder always likes to make a splash during the offseason then everything else will be mid level fa's

I don't know. I just don't see the point in going nuts with FA come March. Khalif Barnes and Nate Washington perhaps. I also don't see the logic in doling out 24 to 32 million dollars of guaranteed money to keep both Hall and Rogers when we need to invest in the DL. I would like to keep Evans - Evans and Carter should start. I don't like the right side of our offensive line and center position at all. Even if we do sign Barnes I would be looking at OT first and C/OG immediately after. We can always move JJ inside. Way too many unknowns and question marks. I think this team is going to struggle personally. I just can't shake that feeling presently.

Some smart FA cap friendly signings and if VC can turn those four picks into 8 or 9 and hit on at least 7 of them - then maybe we can do something.

I can tell who BLC wanted to pick up in 06'... LOL

i thought arch was the only good pickup personnel wise in 06. every contract we dolled out was complete garbage. ARE is the most overpaid receiver in the league and is laughing all the way to the bank with his well below average production. trading picks for Blloyd was a total and utter waste, as well as hes a mediocre receiver as well. arch looked like he was going to work out on paper, but still his contract was utter nonsense. i wanted anybody on the dline, and carter looked ok, but hes still not worth the money we pay him.

that was the year of way overspending for well below average production. sad that we did such a terrible job in FA that year.

carey is gonna be 28 in july and we all know what happens to guys once they reach that 30 mark. he doesnt seem like a long term solution.

incognito is 25, im all for this guy. FAs that are young and can play for a long time is what i agree with.

crowell will also be 28 at the beginning of the season. 28 is too old for a FA in my opinion because once they hit that 30 age things start to go wrong healtwise with them.

crowder supposedly has knee problems if i remember correctly. he also plays MLB which fletcher has on lockdown. but hes the perfect age if hes gonna play WLB or SLB.

dont know anything about cole but hes 29 and is def. not a long term solution at DT, which is probablyt he biggest glaring hole on the team.

yes to FAs that are 25/26 years old. no to older ones. plz k thx.

These may be the types of guys we need to sign. But 28 is not too old for a FA. Sorry most FA's are going to be about that age. London Fletcher has worked out pretty well hasn't he. We just have to be smart and guys like Haynesworth and Peppers scare me because of their attitudes and I don't want another Dana Stubblefield.

Please, oh please God no. The last thing we need is FA signings. Has no one noticed that all the real GOOD FA available do not want to sign with the skins and what we end up getting are the guys playing like beast in their contract year and suck once they get here.

If you have to get a FA this year, don't pay more than $2mill/year since when we go past that amount, the guy usually ends up a bust. Stick to the role guys.

well since most drafted linemen, OL and DL, dont normally contribute the first year I would say focus on what needs upgrade next year. This year our immediate need is OL. I would look into FA and try to get a few players that can contribute right away.

Our D-line was OK this year, we were still 4th in the league for a reason. So keep the line as it is now and draft interior linemen that will add depth and possibly start by the next season.

Yes our LBs need help, but I think we can make due with what we have for one more year. Remember we need to plan for long term not just trying to make a winner next year.

I'd like to hope our draft revolves solely in the trenches, at least until the late round longshots.

With that the one "big FA" signing I would go all out for is Karlos Dansby to replace Washington. This guy reminds me so much of a younger Fletcher. He'll never be a monster, but he will be extremely efficent at the spot over the next 2-3 years until we draft his eventual replacement in a later draft. He's the Cards offseason priorty for a reason.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived