Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft plans...later rounds will be key!

Kpayn17

Regardless of who we take first....should be:

one of the top 4 OTs

BJ Raji

Pure DE:Orakpo, Johnson, Brown

Now, if we can trade down, we can get some more picks, we can get Johnson later, and still a good look at an OT (this year is very deep)

NOW WHAT MATTERS:

following people will fall in rounds 3-7:

DEVIN MOORE:RB, WYOMING--FAST, QUICK, 'next chris johnson'

This would be huge for us to change pace between portis and betts.

Clay Matthews: OLB, USC

Fast, athletic, compared to Cushing, but we can get him in later rounds.

can get to the QB and cover!

Ron Brace: DT, BC

This guy started next to Raji and many think he can be just as productive in the pros, as he helped Raji put up the numbers he did, but we can take him in the third!

MARCUS FREEMAN: OLB, OHIO STATE

This guy looks great at the SNR bowl, 3-4 round prospect, great tackler and can get to the QB.

Brandon Williams: DE, Texas Tech

Fast, athletic, 13 sacks

Looks like there is a lot of talent LATE on defense...therefore I would go OT with the first pick (if Oher is still there) and then go D-line/OLB in later rounds.

IF Oher is gone, trade down and take BPA out of top players listed.

GET MOORE!!!!!...he will be great...as will marcus freeman and Clay Matthews...Ron Brace could be huge value late too....

My Mock:

13: OT: Oher

3rd: RB: Devin Moore

5th: OLB: Marcus Freeman

6th: DE: Sulak-great situational pass rusher from missouri

I hate not getting DLINE early, but there is no value over Moore for me.

This is not going to make Redskins fans happy. If we go OT early, they're going to say we NEVER adress the DL until late in the draft. If we go DT early, they're going to say we never address the OL on day one.

Even if we find some more late round gems, this offseason will probably bring a lot of complaining about our drafting strategy.

This is not going to make Redskins fans happy. If we go OT early, they're going to say we NEVER adress the DL until late in the draft. If we go DT early, they're going to say we never address the OL on day one.

Even if we find some more late round gems, this offseason will probably bring a lot of complaining about our drafting strategy.

Unless we end up dealing Carlos Rogers for a 2nd (which I don't want to do), we're going to just have to eat this years' draft and not trade any picks away next season. It's hard to significantly improve your team without a 1st, 2nd and 3rd on draft day.

We could bring in Haynesworth and Gross at league minimum and someone on here would still find a reason to complain.

I agree that the late rounds will be but i think with the round pick we need to take a OT or try and trade down for mack or unger. In the fourth round I like either OLB, OT or OG depending on what we went with in the first. and in the sixth and seventh draft for depth and maybe go with a punter or kicker i like pat macfee but im also a WVU fan he is accurate from afar and can punt really good.

I'm all for Oher or one of the other top 4 tackles in the first round. I like your ideas about a change of pace back, but I think we can snag one in he 5th or 6th round. I'd stay in the trenches for our 3rd rounder: Antoine Caldwell (C/G) or a DT or DE would be fine with me.

devin moore is a STUD. i would love him in rd 3. oher in rd 1 and moore in rd 3 would be a dream come true. but unfortunately that means no dline which i dont like. id much prefer to trade down and take oline or dline later in rd 1 and hopefully get a rd 2 pick to take oline or dline. a combo like unger/english or jerry/meredith etc then we can afford to take a guy like moore in rd 3.

If we went DE at all, I would want Tyson Jackson from LSU. He is a big boy and could stop the run and rush the passer. He would be like a Justin Tuck who could play DT on passing downs. I wouldn't mind snagging him in the second round if we could get a trade going.

Not so fast my friend, jackson is nothing like tuck. Jackson is pushing 300 lbs and is alot slow than tuck. Jackson is nowhere close to the athlete tuck is. Jackson is best suited in a 3-4 to eat blockers up and stop the run. Hes considered a 2nd round prospect and will only be considered by 3-4 teams after he runs a 5.20 40.

Wait a minute... According to other posters, mid and late round picks aren't worth worrying about.

yeah, according to others, finding mid and late round gems still count as not addressing the position. Hence we haven't addressed the OL or DL since 2000, even though we were able to find mid to late round guys to come in and start both places.

yeah, according to others, finding mid and late round gems still count as not addressing the position. Hence we haven't addressed the OL or DL since 2000, even though we were able to find mid to late round guys to come in and start both places.

Taking a chance /= Addressing a position

You take a chance at a player in the mid or late rounds and hope that they turn into a player that you can use at worst and a player that can start at best, as opposed to taking a chance at what you project to be your third runningback (Nemo Broughton and TJ Duckett) or second H-back (Manuel White).

You take a chance at a player in the early rounds and hope they can turn into a player that can be a key starter, period.

Drafting Montgomery and Golston and signing Heyer was taking a chance and they have become role players that actually contribute. That's still not addressing the fact that our lines suck.

It's not a hard concept.

I agree that the late rounds will be but i think with the round pick we need to take a OT or try and trade down for mack or unger. In the fourth round I like either OLB, OT or OG depending on what we went with in the first. and in the sixth and seventh draft for depth and maybe go with a punter or kicker i like pat macfee but im also a WVU fan he is accurate from afar and can punt really good.

After the whole Durant Brooks fiasco, i don't see management going after any Kickers in the draft. But than again that's the beauty/disgust of being a redskins fan, anything can happen.

Archived