Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How bad are Malcolm Kelly's Knees?

Thinking Skins

Guess what? IT WASN'T A RUMOR. You are just not "thinking", or you would see that. He missed Camp and 11 games. Jesus Christ man, open your eyes.

haha, it wasn't a rumor, but I've seen no verifiable sources. only internet gossip about what doctors say.

I'm not denying that he's had knee trouble. What I am questioning is how significant this trouble is. I don't understand why you want me to just say "eff it, Kelly's gonna be a bust". If you think this is my fantasy world (or that I'm not "thinking"), then thats cool, but I'm all about asking questions and hopefully understanding stuff better.

haha, it wasn't a rumor, but I've seen no verifiable sources. only internet gossip about what doctors say.

I'm not denying that he's had knee trouble. What I am questioning is how significant this trouble is. I don't understand why you want me to just say "eff it, Kelly's gonna be a bust". If you think this is my fantasy world (or that I'm not "thinking"), then thats cool, but I'm all about asking questions and hopefully understanding stuff better.

Seriously, you are old enough to know that doctors don't go around publishing medical records. Just how many knee operations does a 22 year old need to have under his belt before a flag goes off in your brain? And if missing 11 games isn't enough for you to be concerned, how many does a guy need to miss?

Seriously, you are old enough to know that doctors don't go around publishing medical records. Just how many knee operations does a 22 year old need to have under his belt before a flag goes off in your brain? And if missing 11 games isn't enough for you to be concerned, how many does a guy need to miss?

Until he retires, I'll be asking myself this question. Until then, I'll be praying that he's another Jimmy Smith or whatever other guy who came into the league and had to go through a lot of injuries before they became all pro players. Its happened before, and I'm praying that Kelly will get better and be able to contribute in 16 games next year. Am I expecting it? Nah, but I am hoping for that.

Honestly I hope they aren't as bad as they appear to be, he seems to be very talented from the two games or so he played in, he didn't play the entire game as I recall, but he did have that one nice play in Dallas (though he needs to learn to cover the ball up).

Right now I'd say it's still around a 50/50 and this season we'll truly know, as of right now, it looks like we gambled and lost.

No need to kill the hobo.

For sixty million we can just rebuild his knees. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Malcolm Kelly will be that man. Better than he was before. Better ... stronger ... faster.

Maybe the President can heal Kelly just by touching his knee. I hear that he walks on water, so he might be ommipotent.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Kelly_s_Eager_to_Put_Knee_Problems_to_Rest_32266.jsp

Kelly was asked if the knee injury was something that could hinder him his entire career.

“No, I don’t think so,” he said. “I [suffered] the injury in college, and after I rehabbed it, I never thought about it again. I never did anything to keep the muscles around my leg real strong.

“There are things I know now that I didn’t know then [about rehabbing the knee and keeping it strong]. There are a lot of things I can do to prevent it from re-occurring.

“It’s healing up, I just have to make sure I take better care of it.”

Yes. How could a college educated professional athlete with multiple knee surgeries and some of the finest sportsmedicine physicians in the world along with professional level trainers possibly have known how to rehab that knee before he was advised by Vinny. BTW, your link goes to an article about Orakpo.

Yes. How could a college educated professional athlete with multiple knee surgeries and some of the finest sportsmedicine physicians in the world along with professional level trainers possibly have known how to rehab that knee before he was advised by Vinny. BTW, your link goes to an article about Orakpo.

fixed it.

Ok, let's compare an MRI of a normal human knee...

mri1.jpg

to an illustration of one of Malcolm Kelly's knees...

240px-France_location_map.svg.png

Here you can see that Malcom's knees possess a patellar chondromalasia, have severe inflammation of the bursae , are bordered on the North by Belgium, and display the early stages of pigmented villonodular synovitis.

Archived