Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who on this list would you want over Clinton Portis?

american soldier

Only Adrian Peterson and maybe Jacobs. Jacobs is not as much of a complete back as Portis is though.He is definitly top 3 at his position.

So you're saying you wouldn't take Michael Westbrook over Portis?

Honestly, I'd take Michael Westbrook first. He's an absolute playmaker.

Can you imagine him coming out to the flat or running the draw with him. If he hits the second level, he's more apt to take it the distance than Portis. I don't like Portis' vision and his balance sucks.

So you're saying you wouldn't take Michael Westbrook over Portis?

Honestly, I'd take Michael Westbrook first. He's an absolute playmaker.

Can you imagine him coming out to the flat or running the draw with him. If he hits the second level, he's more apt to take it the distance than Portis. I don't like Portis' vision and his balance sucks.

I wouldn't take Michael Westbrook over Nemo Broughton to be our running back. Why would I want that guy who beat down Stephen Davis in practice? :D

This thread needs a mercy killing.

Besides the fact that there are already a dozen Clinton Portis threads on this board, that list is hurtful on the eyes. Couldn't you have separated them into groups, and maybe removed the obvious ones. I don't think there's anyone who would trade Portis for the likes of Julius Jones, Jamal Lewis, or Michael Bush. On the other hand, I think everyone would immediately trade him for Adrian Peterson. This could have been a little better done, it looks like a cut/paste job.

You mean like that flashing avatar?

It was a cut and paste job. The list was NFL.com list of RB in order by rushing yards. As we all know, Clinton was 3rd in the league. However, I still would rather have Westbrook on my team than Portis' no vision or balance havin ass. Anybody can gain yards when you're running through big holes like Portis was running through early on. Westbrook make plays out of no where to go plays. Portis doesn't. He get's on Sportstalk radion and whines about not being able to get yards.

I'd take the entire list over CP.as long as anyone of those guys are told that they are going to come here to PLAY, and not just to be paid. That's the big difference between that list and CP

Wow, all I can say is wow. I'm pulling a Madden here and saying I'd take 11 Clinton Portis's on the field.

Clinton Portis....so what if he's been opening his mouth. Can you blame him for being irritated? The man wants to win but everytime the team starts winning they screw it up somehow. The man has averaged 1220.6 yards a season for us including 06 when he went down mid-season and only ran for 523 yards. He's one of the best pass blockers in the league on top of that. It's not his fault thats he's a damn good pass blocker but Campell doesn't read the field and throws it to the exact reciever the play calls for or whatever. Campbell is the head you guys should be calling for since he can't read defenses or view the field for open recievers. Sorry i just can't believe some of our fans are calling for his head.

Adrian Peterson

Michael Turner

DeAngelo Williams

Thomas Jones

Steve Slaton

Matt Forte

Chris Johnson

Ryan Grant

LaDainian Tomlinson

ect.....

Explain all those for me....Unless of course you're full of ****, and will be back praising CP like you were earlier in the year....Every back in the league just about...You deserve to root for the 0-16 lions, if this is how you would build you're team.

To your sister?

Leave my name alone and I'll leave you alone.:cheers:

Hey Bro, i know where the confusion is. I wasnt poking fun at your name, american soldier, i was making fun of SirClintonPortis. Because the thread was anti-portis, and his name had Clinton Portis in it. That's why i told him i bet he wishes he didnt have that name now. Sorry.

For everyone saying that they would rather have Westbrook, LT, or Larry Johnson as a back over Portis, do you realize that each of those guys are all over 2 years older that Portis?

It is funny because the people that want to get rid of Portis always say he is too old, but they want to replace him with backs more than 2 years his elder?

Makes no sense.

Adrian Peterson-too fragile

Michael Turner-maybe

DeAngelo Williams-he's a young stud

Steve Slaton-unproven

Matt Forte-unproven

Chris Johnson-unproven

Ryan Grant-nope

LaDainian Tomlinson-always hurt

Brandon Jacobs-nope

Steven Jackson-nope

Frank Gore-maybe

Marshawn Lynch-stud

Brian Westbrook-yes but he's too fragile

Maurice Jones-Drew-stud

Willie Parker-too fragile

Joseph Addai-stud

Nah. I can still be optimistic for a good long offseason that things will turn around for now. Maybe in a few months that will change, but not now.

I think he was talking to me, american soldier.

My bad. But he's still from WV going :laugh: over relatives.

Ok that's it. I just had to say that. Just kidding. It's all :notworthy

Archived