Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russ Grimm a finalist for HOF Class of '09(Merged)

bushwack

How does this guy think Shannon Sharpe doesn't make it. I'd love for Russ to make it but I don't like his chances against this class. In a perfect world honestly, Russ and Jake make it the same year similiar to Darrell and Art so we can have Redskins Canton II, that was so fun

I think Grimm gets in because the Hogs need representation. Jacoby should be in, and may still get in one day. But Grimm is the flavor that is up.

Smith and Woodson are locks. Carter should be a lock. Sharpe is almost a lock.

Derrick Thomas was the most dominating pass rusher of all time IMO, cut down with at least 4-5 season left. A laundry list of awards. He deserves it.

It won't happen for Russ this year. Smith, Carter, Hayes, Woodsen, Tags seem likely but Randall McDaniel and Shannon Sharpe are more likely to make it than Grimm because they are fresher in voters minds.

Yeah, you're right and unfortunately that is how the cookie crumbles. It's a shame and a farce that the Hogs, the most recognizable o-line in pro football history, aren't represented in the HOF. Jacoby and Grimm are more than deserving.

Former Washington Redskins guard Russ Grimm was named a finalist for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for the fifth consecutive year.

I am hoping that Russ Grimm makes it to the Hall of Fame Hopefully this year. It does not seem right that we do not have any of our OL (Hog's Era) in the hall.

Grimm was one of 17 finalists announced Tuesday along with first-year candidate Bruce Smith, a defensive end, and receiver Andre Reed, a 2008 finalist. Those two former Buffalo Bills star each finished their careers with the Redskins. Smith earned 29 of his NFL-best 200 career sacks during his four seasons in Washington.

Associated Press Russ Grimm

Selectors will vote on inductees in Tampa, Fla., on Jan. 31, the day before Super Bowl XLIII. A minimum of four and a maximum of seven will make the final cut.

Grimm, the assistant head coach of the Arizona Cardinals, helped lead the Redskins to four Super Bowls and three NFL titles from 1981 to 1991.

I think he has a real shot to make it. Of course Bruce Smith will be a first ballot inductee but other than that there really isn't a stand out player, no disrespect to any of the nominees so I think Grimm could get in. I think the Hall of Fame voters are starting to realize since they voted Monk in that the Redskins of the 80's were great and deserve their due. I mean who can honestly say that the Hogs weren't the best OL in the NFL during the 80's?

Archived