Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Ed Reed made me cry-missing ST

SWFLSkins

people are criticizing the guy who admitted to crying about him. So what if he wants to let it out? Hating on him is the same thing as being an ST hater.

Sorry, but it's ridiculous to cry for someone you nearly never met and didn't have a relationship any more then "I watch him on TV"

And it's over and over and over. Watching Ed reed made me think of ST, and I cried; watching Troy P made me think of Sean. Watching Scrubs made me think of ST.

It's ridiculous cause every week theres a new thread about it.

I think Sean would've exceeded Reed in OTHER ways but he would NEVER have been as good a ball hawk or as good with the ball in his hands and baiting QB's.

Anyway, I didn't think of him except in my post saying no more comparisons between Reed and Taylor's coverage skills because Reed is probably the best cover safety ever and he's only 30.

Personally, I thought ST might be a phenomenal Strong safety. Landry was supposed to lock down centerfield because he's so good at recognizing coverages. Landry wasn't out of position like ST was from time to time. I thought Landry would hold down the middle while ST could freelance a little and wreak some havoc.

No ones disrespecting ST, but HE WAS NOT like a brother to all of us. I don't know about you, but I didn't even know the man. ST will forever be remembered, but does EVERY great player have to be compared to ST? It's time to move on.

Agreed. Big time. I didn't know him, and almost everyone on here didn't know him or keep in contact with him. He was a great player, but that is where I draw the line.

I said it before and I'll say it again. There's something wrong with grown men crying over a football player they had no personal relationship with. I buried my stepdad of almost 30 years in October and I miss him bigtime, but I've let it go. Will I ever forget him? No. But I won't cry everytime I think of him.

I agree. :notworthy

Actually, I did think of Sean Taylor when I saw Ed Reed intercepting passes yesterday. I thought to myself, "I bet someone from ExtremeSkins is going to make a post saying that Ed Reed reminds them of Sean Taylor or makes them think about sean Taylor." Sure enough, it's here.

Sorry, but it's ridiculous to cry for someone you nearly never met and didn't have a relationship any more then "I watch him on TV"

And it's over and over and over. Watching Ed reed made me think of ST, and I cried; watching Troy P made me think of Sean. Watching Scrubs made me think of ST.

It's ridiculous cause every week theres a new thread about it.

WE HAVE a WINNER!

Ed Reed > Sean Taylor.

Taylor was a great safety who had a lot of potential, but theres no way in hell he ever showed anything to warrant him being discussed as playing at the level Reed is.

It's amazing how over rated Taylor has become by all of the homers on this board....

As for crying over this......If you want to cry for someone you don't know cry for all the wives, children, husbands, parents,and friends of those who have given their lives to protect this county. Not some guy you watched once a week run around trying to stop someone from catching a ball.

I think it was the moment. Whether you think that is ridiculous or not does not matter to me. I won't go into anymore details, Lord knows I don't want anyone here to think I am pathetic, but there are other circumstances to this moment.

And God knows from now on I will not share them with the heartless mass on ES. Thanks to those who PM'd me, I appreciate the thoughts. It was not a good day, but today is a new day and I have two sons. Praise be to God.

Come back into orbit for just a second. You (the emotional wreck that cant watch football without thinking of ST) brought this up.

That being said. Thanks for acknowledging my point on Ed Reed. I wouldn't say he's the best player in football. Certainly warrants top 5 consideration.

Your 26 right? Live alittle and get back to me. I shared a moment of weakness on a bad day and many here including you took liberty with that. Remember next time someone uses a heartless comment when the world is not looking all twenty something to ya.

No, but does every great player must be compared to ST?

certainly not, but I think this thread was specifically about how "Ed Reed" reminded the OP of Sean Taylor and not "every player" ... and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Players are constantly compared around here all the time, ST just so happens to have been tragically taken from this earth (RIP).

The guy is just expressing himself, I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm not sure what this means... do you mean in number of sacks? If you watch them play, they are clearly amongst the best at pressuring the QB year in and year out. Greg Blache is correct when he says sacks are not necessarily as important as the harder-to-measure QB pressure... but he is wrong (or more likely choosing not to rag on his players whom he loves) when he says we were a top 5 defense. Top 5 in yards allowed does not equal top 5 in terms of value to the team.

The Ravens sacked Pennington 3 times, which is good but not an overwhelming number. But they were regularly crushing him and those INTs were forced by the front 7, not by superhuman instincts of Ed Reed and the other DBs. Again, Ed Reed may be the best safety ever in terms of what he does with the ball after it is in his hands, but as far as getting his hands on the ball goes, that is more a function of the front 7 he has had the luxury of playing with -- a luxury Landry has never had.

The only reason we can even claim a top five spot in any measurable regarding defense is because of our secondary, among which Landry is one of our best members.

well said post

Ive become visibly upset at the lack of love we are showing for ST. He was like a brother to all of us. Please stop disrespecting him. He was the best and he died to protect his daughter. That makes him 100X better than Ed Reed and Ray "Stop Snitchin" Lewis

He was like a brother to all of us? Wouldn't you have to know a guy to say something like that?

He was a football player on the team you pull for. This is getting out of control.

No, I can't say that I got teary eyed or even thought of Sean. I've actually tried to move on with my life 14 months later. Funny thing is, it doesn't take another player to make me think of Sean, it takes a TD pass against us to make me think what a great duo area 51 would have been. I like Horton, but he and Landry won't be a feared duo.

I did. And yeah it is okay to cry, and be a man. Bury a son and get back to me, deal?

It's fine to cry for your own son, but it shouldn't take another safety on another team, to make you cry for a grown man that most of us don't know. I think it reminded you of your own son and that's what made you cry.

And for the record, the day Sean died, I teared up. It was sad. Probably the next 2 days on ES I had a hard time with tearing up, because of all the things about Sean. But it's been 14 months and I've gotten past that. I think you had a bad day because of your son, not Sean.

Your 26 right? Live alittle and get back to me. I shared a moment of weakness on a bad day and many here including you took liberty with that. Remember next time someone uses a heartless comment when the world is not looking all twenty something to ya.

I've lived long enough to learn this lesson.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.” — Jack Handy

Sean wasn't Ed Reed, but seeing Reed did make me miss what we had and could have had with the kid.

More so, I imagined how good our D would be if we could actually pressure a QB.

No he wasn't Ed Reed...at the time. His 2007 season up until his injury was nothing short of sensational. Coming from what he was early on in his career, very reckless to say the least, to what he was in 2007 was like night/day IMO. Sean could have been the best defensive player in the league and had all the tools to be one. Watching Reed and his abilities was nothing short of amazing and reminded me of Sean.

Archived