Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT-Thom Loverro: It's up to Snyder to make the call

Lavarleap56

Does 1 Super Bowl in 15 years really warrant this kind of attention? If we hire him now we can expect to win one in 2024

This argument cracks me up. People act as though we have any reason to believe that things would be BETTER without Cowher.

If I KNEW that we'd win a Super Bowl by 2024 with Cowher, I'd sign up. We've had 17 years in between our last championship and we haven't even been close to another one. Why is 1-per-15 seasons all of a sudden not good enough for Redskin fans?

This argument cracks me up. People act as though we have any reason to believe that things would be BETTER without Cowher.

If I KNEW that we'd win a Super Bowl by 2024 with Cowher, I'd sign up. We've had 17 years in between our last championship and we haven't even been close to another one. Why is 1-per-15 seasons all of a sudden not good enough for Redskin fans?

Did Pittsburgh know without a doubt that Cowher would eventually win one when they hired him? Of course not. But they gave him a chance, even through tough times. Zorn has been here one season.

This article is from 12/18/08 and was posted in RBN, but I didn't hear a lot of discussion about it. Especially this:

Somebody will pay for the fall from 6-2 to 7-7 as the team plays two remaining games with near-zero postseason chance. Team sources say Snyder’s actions remain uncertain amid heavy fan resentment over the freefall.

I wonder who these inside sources are, and what actions Dan is contemplating? It also makes me wonder just how much he actually listens to us (the fans), and our opinions of all the things that are happening on the team.

http://www.dcexaminer.com/sports/121808-Rick_Snider__Last_two_games_decide_09_fate.html

This article is from 12/18/08 and was posted in RBN, but I didn't hear a lot of discussion about it. Especially this:

I wonder who these inside sources are, and what actions Dan is contemplating? It also makes me wonder just how much he actually listens to us (the fans), and our opinions of all the things that are happening on the team.

http://www.dcexaminer.com/sports/121808-Rick_Snider__Last_two_games_decide_09_fate.html

Somebody should take a fall for this disaster of a season. But it is looking more and more like nothing is going to be done.

Which should make all the stability people happy. Nothing like sticking with an offensive minded head coach that was in charge of an offense that was an absolute joke for probably 75% of the season. :doh:

We'll probably just waste 2 more years on Zorn just to say we gave him 3 years to do something and at that point fire him. At which point everyone will say, wow we should have just fired him after year one instead of wasting 2 more years on this clown that never should have been the head coach in the first place.

Peter King just mentioned on NBC after the Falcs vs. Cards game that the following coaches should be available next year: Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren and I forgot the other. He said look for Jerrah and Dan to get one of them.

Peter King just mentioned on NBC after the Falcs vs. Cards game that the following coaches should be available next year: Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren and I forgot the other. He said look for Jerrah and Dan to get one of them.

Yeah, I heard it too. Out of the 3, I'd go with Cowher.

We should wait next year. Snyder needs to have a heart for once. Firing a coach in his first year going 8-8 is ****assness. I just heard Shanahan will wait till another season to take a break if no great situations arise. Give Zorn another year plz.

Ok, I have got to ask. What did Zorn do to win over your heart and the rest of you guys that seem to think the world will come to end if Zorn gets fired?

The entire season was a complete failure, he was a complete failure. He was 2-6 in the second half a season, a sure sign of a badly coached team.

The offense was pathetic, which by the way is his offense. The team never scored 30 points.

How about all the terrible clock management decisions he made? How about all the garbage in the media, like his little hissy fit he had with Portis.

Most of the time when someone wants to stick with a coach or a player it is because they have done something in the past that earns them more time to turn it around.

Tell me this, what exactly has Zorn ever done as a coach that makes you think he's going to turn this around? What are you pointing to as the reason he is the right guy for the job.

There is absolutely zero evidence that Zorn will ever be a successful coach in the NFL, but there is a overwhelming evidence that is he is in way over his head.

Fire him.

Ok, I have got to ask. What did Zorn do to win over your heart and the rest of you guys that seem to think the world will come to end if Zorn gets fired?

The entire season was a complete failure, he was a complete failure. He was 2-6 in the second half a season, a sure sign of a badly coached team.

The offense was pathetic, which by the way is his offense. The team never scored 30 points.

How about all the terrible clock management decisions he made? How about all the garbage in the media, like his little hissy fit he had with Portis.

Most of the time when someone wants to stick with a coach or a player it is because they have done something in the past that earns them more time to turn it around.

Tell me this, what exactly has Zorn ever done as a coach that makes you think he's going to turn this around? What are you pointing to as the reason he is the right guy for the job.

There is absolutely zero evidence that Zorn will ever be a successful coach in the NFL, but there is a overwhelming evidence that is he is in way over his head.

Fire him.

I guess for me, I want Zorn to stay b/c I want a little bit of stability. Gibbs just retired last year and if Zorn is fired then that's 3 different HC's in 3 years. Plus, I think that if we address QB, Zorn might start to look like he is a little more qualified. I dunno, but JC has a way of making coaches look a little inept IMO.

This is a fantasy article. Snyder doesn't give a rat's booty about the fans. He's proven this from the beginning with hiring Deion Sanders over Darrell Green and Brian Mitchell. Cerrato is a "made man" in this crime family. Dan Snyder has become Abe Polin and Cerrato is Wes Unseld.

I guess for me, I want Zorn to stay b/c I want a little bit of stability. Gibbs just retired last year and if Zorn is fired then that's 3 different HC's in 3 years. Plus, I think that if we address QB, Zorn might start to look like he is a little more qualified. I dunno, but JC has a way of making coaches look a little inept IMO.

I'll agree with you on JC. But Zorn seems to be pretty sold on JC which means next year we are probably going to watching the same pathetic offense.

I would have liked to see one of them go, if not both. I am not excited in the least bit knowing that JC is the starting QB next year and Jim Zorn is the head coach.

I'm all for stability but you have to be stable with the right people, you can't be stable with the wrong people in place just for the sake of stability.

In the end stability doesn't win games, good coaches and players do.

All I keep hearing from the media is "expect Snyder to go after Cowher" or "expect Snyder to go after Shanahan".

what the hell ever happened to respectable journalism? It's like they pull this crap right out of their asses thinking they are going to be right.

Have they not paid attention to a word Snyder has said over the past year?

Hey Oldfan....

Watching the Chargers/Colts tonight.

Chargers could run the ball,Colts couldn't.

How'd that turn out?

You watched teams with the two most productive passing games in the NFL go to overtime and found evidence to support your argument that the key to winning was to build a run-first team with a stout defense?

That's a head-shaker.

You watched teams with the two most productive passing games in the NFL go to overtime and found evidence to support your argument that the key to winning was to build a run-first team with a stout defense?

That's a head-shaker.

The Colts could not run the ball.

Their only option was to pass.

Now supposedly, they've got the greatest QB in history. YOu said this was a passing league,right?? Then that should mean that the greatest QB in history should've had no problem in beating the Chargers.

The superior QB and pass offense should win easily.

But who won the ball game?? It wasn't the pass offense. It was the run game.

How you watched that game and pinned the outcome on the passing game is a real head scratcher..........

If you can't run the ball in this league, you're done.

Archived