Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SKINS pick...DE Everett Brown highlights

MAATopDogg

I know a lot of you say we need OG/OT with the first pick which I agree with totally but I say we go with DE with the 1st pick. And out of all the DE's in this upcoming draft Everett Brown is most impressive. Here are some highlights of Everrett(be prepared for 9 minutes of highlights with his name called on every play. Also the BJ Raji guy is impressive as well.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE&feature=related

Give the money to Gross to solve our RT problem. He can give us probably 4 solid years of production there.

At 13 get everette brown

Trade back into the 1st and get Raji.

That solves all you problems right there.

Trade back into the first? With what? I agree. I like to see the Skins get both. I'm leaning more to Raji.

Another undersized DE. Just what we need.

If we go to DL it ought to be DT. But even more than that- we need a strongside LB. Washington is gone and that leaves Blades , who's short, slow, and not very athletic. We could go after Curry or Maukuga or trade down to get Stintim who is better at pass rushing.

Trade back into the first? With what? I agree. I like to see the Skins get both. I'm leaning more to Raji.

Like Carolina did using next years 1st and a combination of later picks. I would love to gather more picks, but we have 9 picks from last year on the roster for next year and i dont think we have to go out and get 8 draft picks, just 3 or 4 solid ones this year. On D line and O line of course.

Obviously, going from my sig and my location, I'm a big Brown fan.

That being said, I don't know that he's a great fit for us. I'd rather see us go o-line or DT before DE, and even then, I think Brown's quickness will be best suited for a Cover 2 scheme.

In fact, if he's still there at 13, he'd fit in as potential target for them to trade up and get him so we can get their 20th pick.

Like Carolina did using next years 1st and a combination of later picks. I would love to gather more picks, but we have 9 picks from last year on the roster for next year and i dont think we have to go out and get 8 draft picks, just 3 or 4 solid ones this year. On D line and O line of course.

I think the Skins will definitely trade down. I agree with addressing both lines. The OLB needs to be addressed. Sean Witherspoon, if he comes out, would be a good pick.

why the **** would you want ANOTHER DE. they wont get rid of carter or taylor. we need to get a pass rushig DT or a big ass run stopper. once we get push up the middle carter and taylor will return to old form. or draft oline if there aint no good dt's

Guys we are far worse off at the DT spot.. We have two capable DE's who don't look that capable because, when DE's rush it's usually around the oline and with us, the QB can take 10 steps up and still not be pressured by our middle, hence negating the talent we do have on the ends.

Seriously go back and look at film of this year of AC, he blows T's up. problem is the QB has plenty of real estate infront of him to move. If Carter was on the Giants this year he'd have 12+ sacks

We're fine on DE to get by another year. Our biggest NEED is either a mauler at the offensive line, or a BIG pocket collapser/space eater at DT. One pass rusher at DT can make the entire defensive line look great.

After watching Ngata turn Reed and Lewis back into elite defensive players, I'd almost rather draft DT first. This Raji guy kinda gives me that Ngata feeling.

I too think we should draft a DT in the first round, maybe not at #13. We could trade down and still get a blue chip DT in the 1st.

With our third pick, I would either get another DT or a DE. Keep Jason Taylor for another few years and use him the way they did in the San Fran game as a LB. In the latter rounds, pick up a dedicated Center. We don't need a guy who can play OG/C.

I too think we should draft a DT in the first round, maybe not at #13. We could trade down and still get a blue chip DT in the 1st.

With our third pick, I would either get another DT or a DE. Keep Jason Taylor for another few years and use him the way they did in the San Fran game as a LB. In the latter rounds, pick up a dedicated Center. We don't need a guy who can play OG/C.

Keep Jason Taylor around for a few years!!?!??!?!?!??!?!? Are you mad? He costs us $8mil a year.

We need, in no particular order, a MONSTER DT (or Two), Outside LB (or two), Right Offensive Tackle, Guard, Center, A LEGIT wide Receiver (Sorry, but we just dont know if the rookies will ever cut it and we dont have much now except for Moss), Running Back (Portis wore down as the year went on and Betts wasnt very effective), Punter, and POSSIBLY a Kicker. I think we can get by at DE for another season if we can get some push up the middle. Yes guys, A Heck of a lot of holes to fill!!! Probably wont fill them all in one offseason and more than likely we will stink it up again next year unfortunately, which will probably cost Zorn his job. But hey....this is the NFL where

1-15 one year translates into division winners the next who who knows? All I know is Vinny has some SERIOUS work to do on this team to give Zorn the talent he needs to turn this thing around.

Keep Jason Taylor around for a few years!!?!??!?!?!??!?!? Are you mad? He costs us $8mil a year.

I don't think we will pay that much for him. Plus Marcus Washington is the big worry for me. Jason could add decent backup at OLB position in passing plays. The way he was used in the San Fran game gave us an idea of Jason's versatility.

Draft Terrence Cody, DT, in the first round and watch how effective the defense will be next season.

He's an animal for sure. I was watching the FSU bowl game the other day and he plays hard as **** for 4 straight quarters. The guy never takes a play off.
He's the most dominating college defensive player I've seen in person.

Offensive lines either had to gameplan heavily for him and constantly put extra protection on his side, or they got their QBs and RBs destroyed at least a few times a game.

He pretty much single handedly killed Maryland.

Like I said though, we need DT help more than anything, and I'd really prefer to see Brown go to a Cover 2 team. His best move is his inside spin move, and he could be a little like Dwight Freeney with the right pieces around him to help him out. I don't see him being worth as much here on our "play the run first" type of scheme.

Archived