Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Decision: Tupac Shakur vs. The Notorious B.I.G. (with poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

it is not hard to outshine someone when you are not recording with them. I like Eminem but it is entirley different when u r in the booth withthat person tryign to out due each other.

I beleive his renegade verse came off of another song.

The verse was Fire tho.

Oh and BIG over Tupac all day and twice on Sundays:

"I got techniques dripping out my butt cheeks

Sleep on my stomach so I don't **** up my sheets" - "Ready To Die"

His lyrical game combined with the beats was music to my ears.

em's verse was recorded before had the track, Royce Da 5'9 was on the original Renegade. it says something that Jay couldn't top Em's verse, after already knowing what it was. damn that version of Em needs to come back

Big by a mile. Pac was a decent rapper who sold a lot more calendars to 12 year old girls than CDs to Hip-hop fans.

and you know this how?..............

how about the fact that Pac has a song out RIGHT NOW. what does that tell you? yeah, he is still relevant and can compete with most rappers STILL and he has been dead for 11 years.

Should we blame Biggie for not having a life and dieing to early?

Plus I think Tupac is still alive. Like you said he has been dead for 11 years!!

3rd Verse of Hell Razor:

Dear Lord can ya hear me, it's just me

A young ***** tryin to make it on these rough streets

I'm on my knees beggin please come and SAVE ME

THE WHOLE WORLD done made a ***** crazy!

I got my three-five-seven can't control it

Screamin die mother****er and he's loaded

Everybody run for cover, I cause ****

Thug Life mother****er, duck quick

Now am I wrong if I am don't worry me

Cause do or die gettin high til the bury me

Dear Lord if ya hear me, tell me why

Little girl like LaTasha, had to die

She never got to see the bullet, just heard the shot

Her little body couldn't take it, it shook and dropped

And when I saw it on the news I see busta girl killin 'Tasha

Now I'm screamin **** the world, in the end

it's my friends, that flip-flop

Lip-locked on my dick when my **** drop

Thug Life mother****er I lick shots

Every ***** on my block dropped two cops

Dear Lord can ya hear me, when I die

Let a ***** be strapped, ****ed up, and high

with my hands on the trigger, Thug *****

Stressin like a mother****in drug dealer

And even in the darkest nights, I'm a Thug for Life

I got the heart to fight now

Mama raised a hellraiser why cry

thats just life in the ghetto, do or die

name any Big track that had half as much emotion

how about the fact that Pac has a song out RIGHT NOW. what does that tell you? yeah, he is still relevant and can compete with most rappers STILL and he has been dead for 11 years.

It tells me that Tupac while he was alive, lived in the studio and made a huge recording collection. I just never really got into Tupac. He had some nice songs, but he just didn't move me. BIG's verses made me want to listen to more.

lyrics to only fear of death:

Are you afraid to die, or do you wanna live forever

Tell me, which one?

They wanna bury me, I'm worried -- I'm losin my mind

Look down the barrel of my nine and my vision's blurry

Fallin to pieces, am I guilty? I pray to the Lord

but he ignores me unfortunately cause I'm guilty

Show me a miracle, I'm hopeless -- I'm chokin off

marijuana smoke, with every toke it's like I'm losin focus

Fallin to sleep while I'm at service, when will I die?

Forever paranoid and nervous because I'm high

Don't mention funerals I'm stressin, and goin nutty

And reminiscin bout them niggaz that murdered my buddy

I wonder when will I be happy, ain't nothin funny

Flashbacks of bustin caps, anything for money

Where am I goin I discovered, can't nothin save me

My next door neighbor's havin convo with undercovers

Put a surprise in the mailbox, hope she get it

Happy birthday bit*h, you know you shouldn'ta did it

Everybody's dyin am I next, who can I trust?

Will they be G's, and they look at me before they bust?

Or will they kill me while I'm sleepin, two to the head

while I'm in bed, leakin blood on my satin sheets

Is there a heaven for a baller? I'm gettin suspicious

of this bit*h the line busy everytime I call her

Now she's tellin me to visit, who else is home?

I check the house before I bone, so we all alone

After I nut I hit the highway, see ya later

To all the players watch the fly way a "n-word" played her

The bit*h is tellin all her homies -- that I can f**k her

like no other now them other bit*hes wanna bone me

I'm under pressure gettin drunk, somebody help me

I drink a fifth of Hennesey I don't think it's healthy

I see my enemies they creepin, don't make me blast

I watch the five-oh's roll, the motherf**kers pass

by me like they know me, smilin as they laugh

I put up my middle finger then I dash

Niggaz don't like me cause I'm Thuggin, and every day

I'm a hustler lookin to get paid

They wanna bury me, I'm worried -- no need to lie

I pray to God I don't scream when it's time to fry

Nowhere to rest I'm losin homies, ain't that a bit*h

When I was rich I had clout, now a "n-word"'s lonely

I put the pistol to my head, and say a prayer

I see visions of me dead, Lord are you there?

Then tell me am I lost cause I'm lonely

I thought I had friends but in the end a "n-word" dies lonely

Nowhere to run I'm in terror, and no one cares

A closed casket at my funeral and no one's there

Is there a future for a killer? I change my ways

But still that don't promise me the next day

So I stay Thuggin with a passion, forever blastin

I'm bustin on these motherf**kers in my madness

They wonder if I'm hellbound... well Hell

can't be worse than this, cause I'm in Hell now

Don't make me hurt you I don't want to, but I will

See motherf**kers killed over phone bills

Never will I die, I'll be back

Reincarnated as a motherf**kin mack

I love it cause in heaven there's no shortage on G's

I'm tellin you now, you motherf**kers don't know me

dont act like Pac ISNT quoted, it just isnt needed to convey his sincerity and importance to the game.

It tells me that Tupac while he was alive, lived in the studio and made a huge recording collection. I just never really got into Tupac. He had some nice songs, but he just didn't move me. BIG's verses made me want to listen to more.

it doesnt matter how much you "live in the studio". If your **** is wack then its not going to continue on after your death. Pac STILL bumps and he still has one of the sickest flows out there.

em's verse was recorded before had the track, Royce Da 5'9 was on the original Renegade. it says something that Jay couldn't top Em's verse, after already knowing what it was. damn that version of Em needs to come back

I can't put Eminem over Jay-z. Em got him on Renegade granted but Jay-Z's catalogue is unreal. Even MJ has a bad day.

The fact that jay-z murders most folks without writing anything down is ridculous

I can't put Eminem over Jay-z. Em got him on Renegade granted but Jay-Z's catalogue is unreal. Even MJ has a bad day.

The fact that jay-z murders most folks without writing anything down is ridculous

i wasn't putting Em over Jay as a rapper, just that particular track. although i'm not as high on Jay as some are

it doesnt matter how much you "live in the studio". If your **** is wack then its not going to continue on after your death. Pac STILL bumps and he still has one of the sickest flows out there.

I am not saying Tupac was whack bro, just saying that he recorded a lot of music before he passed away. Some good, some ehh not all that great for me to run out any buy/download it.

Now when Blueprint 3 comes out, I will be there.

i wasn't putting Em over Jay as a rapper, just that particular track. although i'm not as high on Jay as some are

hate to say it but he benefited from BIGs death. he wouldnt have been thrusted in to the lime light the way he was and forced to try and put what BIG built on his back.

Gotcha.

I don't understand why some are not as high on Jay-Z. Sometimes I chalk it up to people not hearing Reasonable Doubt. His word play and flow are sick. But jus tliek this thread, to each his own I guess.

hate to say it but he benefited from BIGs death. he wouldnt have been thrusted in to the lime light the way he was and forced to try and put what BIG built on his back.

I agree with you there. A whole gang of rappers benefited. But Jay-Z kept it moving pretty well.

I love both of these guys. I love Pac for his ferocity when he rapped. You can just imagine the spit flying around the mic when you listen to his tracks. I'm not big on poetry, but you can't help but to be touched by some of the things he talked about.

Yet, I go with Biggie. I know Pac had more of a "vocal range", but I don't really care for that in singing, much less rapping. Give me something that grooves within the music, rather than standing out so much that it seems like you're grandstanding, at times. Pac could have rapped without music and it would have been entertaining. Biggie knew how to rap for a beat, a groove, the emotion the music gave off. Lyricists? I'll pass, give me the whole musical package. And Biggie was it.

PS...when I say clearly biased I mean that in a good way. I will debate rap all day and all night and love it when people have different opinions on it.

Oh I love debating rap and will also do it all day and all night. I am biased towards the East. Its what I think is the best. Period. I wasnt putting words in your mouth I was just going at a larger picture that East Coast Rap is the mecca of hiphop and that the greatest come from NY and the East. I put two thoughts together without seperating them.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I hate what Puff Daddy Poppa Diddy Puff has done to rap and everything he stands for. He isnt a rapper and he has killed the careers of many quality hiphop artists. Craig Mack, The Lox, Ness etc etc. Puffy isnt rap/hiphop and I hate that he is linked to BIG.

Back to the West Coast thing I have to admit that I forgot about alot of rappers from out there. The Pharcyde is one of my favorite groups from the 90s. I remember loving Mad CJ Mack when he came out. Rappin 4Tay was the bomb too. I never got down with the West Side Connection I just dont care for Mac 10 or WC. But whatever to each his own. They did start a beef with Common though. I mean come on thats kinda lame.

By the way the new Skillz Rap Up should be coming out here soon. Im from Richmond so Skillz is my king.

I agree with you there. A whole gang of rappers benefited. But Jay-Z kept it moving pretty well.

that he did. he made some quality stuff as well but what got me was when he made the "bonnie and clyde" remake even though it was common knowledge that Pac didnt like him. I hated it when rappers tried to act like they squashed all the beef with Pac after he was gone.

I like both though I do lean towards B.I.G.

No love for Onyx or Sticky Fingaz from that time period?

That biggie movie coming out in a few days is going to be interesting.

I meant to put Sticky in as one of the better MCs from the NY. That first solo album of his was hot.

that he did. he made some quality stuff as well but what got me was when he made the "bonnie and clyde" remake even though it was common knowledge that Pac didnt like him. I hated it when rappers tried to act like they squashed all the beef with Pac after he was gone.

Well if you look back at the beef, Jay-Z NEVER had a problem with Pac. Jay-Z was guilty by association because he and Big were boys. So Tupac lumped Jay-Z and others into the beef.

I don't think you can put that on Jay-Z. and besides, the song went over pretty well being as his Bonnie is Beyonce.

Archived