Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: Jim Zorn Speaks Well of Colt Brennan, Not As Well As Some Would Like

mnb123

Our terrible o-line performance that is forcing JC to play poorly is the same o-line that made todd freakin collins look like a pro bowler just last year.

Along with all the other talent we have on our team as well like our WR's, TE's, RB's etc. Our whole team was a force to be reckoned with. Nobody wanted to play us b/c of how well we were doing when TC was QB. How is it that it's EVERYBODY ELSE? Maybe our QB is making our O-line and receivers less productive???? Not to say that the Oline doesn't need an overhaul, b/c it does. It just seems odd that when you put a different QB in with the same Oline they all of a sudden become more than adequate again.

Isn't it well known that Zorn was brought to DC for the sole purpose of transforming Campbell into a productive NFL QB?

So with that in mind, of course Zorn has to continue to pump him up/play him or else admit failure which probably is not an option under the watchful eye of a control freak owner.

What if JC in the offseason shows dramatic improvement with the 2nd year receivers and Moss in camp and preseason will people get on his jo err bandwagon like they are with Colt or will it be the pessimistic just watch he'll fail because the preference is more for the ex rainbow QB succeeding than the ex Auburn Tiger?

absolutely will rally around him and hope we extend him if he improves immensely

Isn't it well known that Zorn was brought to DC for the sole purpose of transforming Campbell into a productive NFL QB?

So with that in mind, of course Zorn has to continue to pump him up/play him or else admit failure which probably is not an option under the watchful eye of a control freak owner.

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that he actually believes Campbell really is definitely the better QB and actually played better than most people give him credit for. No, it is all a Dan/Vinny/Zorn conspiracy.

absolutely will rally around him and hope we extend him if he improves immensely

Immensely? That makes it sound like he only completed 50% of his passes, threw more INTs than TDs and singlehandedly cost us a bunch of games. How would you define "immensely" as far as his improvement goes?

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that he actually believes Campbell really is definitely the better QB and actually played better than most people give him credit for. No, it is all a Dan/Vinny/Zorn conspiracy.

lol

Zorn's offense is the laughing stock of the league. You can't tell me he's not dying to defend it. All he can do his continue with the "rah rah".

I don't think it's ALL on Campbell' date=' but he has a hand. And I am not against bringing in a vet to compete for the starting spot. It can only be healthy for Campbell to have someone pushing him and good for us if this vet looks better.[/quote']

Why have a vet push him when Colt can push him? If Brennan is as good as he's made out to be here on ES (and he's not) he should have no problem opening Zorn's eyes.

Immensely? That makes it sound like he only completed 50% of his passes, threw more INTs than TDs and singlehandedly cost us a bunch of games. How would you define "immensely" as far as his improvement goes?

I'm assuming you're a huge Campbell fan as you decided to pick apart my post and make it sound like I tried to intentionallybash him. I don't care who starts as long as they win and can show some leadership. If he has another season like this year then no we shouldn't extend him. Did he win us games? I don't know. He didn't do much to help the team. Our running game was the biggest reason for early season success.

I think a good start would be to not lock in on receivers.

I'm not getting in on this petty back and forth thing. JC didn't look very good this season. I think the best QB in camp should start next season. Not the guy I like the best.

To everyone here in general, please leave me out of your poop-fest of "I want my guy to start". We have a guy on the bench who has proved nothing and a starter who has proved nothing. May the best QB win the job next September. Please leave me the **** out of your pissing matches.

lol

Zorn's offense is the laughing stock of the league. You can't tell me he's not dying to defend it. All he can do his continue with the "rah rah".

Mo. I just hope JZ is watching the Utah game maybe he will learn something about how to throw down field.

It just seems odd that when you put a different QB in with the same Oline they all of a sudden become more than adequate again.

It does seem odd, but it happens. Remember when Ramsey and Brunell were here? The line didn't block at all for Ramsey and he got creamed. Brunell comes in and has more time to throw. I can't explain it, but that's how it is sometimes.

It does seem odd, but it happens. Remember when Ramsey and Brunell were here? The line didn't block at all for Ramsey and he got creamed. Brunell comes in and has more time to throw. I can't explain it, but that's how it is sometimes.

So you're hinting that the O-Line has it out for Jason and purposefully made him look bad by only holding the defenders off for 4 seconds instead on the necessary 6-8?

You do remember this don't you? Ramsey was a statue, pumping, double pumping, stumbling around and sitting forever in the pocket like he was in a cage and Brunell would roll out to create more time. The line wasn't conspiring against Ramsey.

Somewhat irrelevant. It doesnt matter if they average 25 or average 40, they still give up a lot more sacks and statistically have performed much worse than our O-line, yet cassel has thrown for multiple 400 yard games, and as a first year starter has put up impressive passing numbers. I know he's got talent around him, but you have to see the distinction here. Even when JC gets time, the guy just doesnt have the release or accuracy to make plays happen. JC's stats are terrible, and you cant tell me thats all the fault of everybody else except him. Our terrible o-line performance that is forcing JC to play poorly is the same o-line that made todd freakin collins look like a pro bowler just last year. I'm sick of the excuses people make for the kid. If JC were on any other team, we would all be calling him a bum, yet he gets preferential treatment from the blind homers on this board who are intent on blaming everybody else for he passing problems, and not blame the QB.

Accam's razor, people. Look it up. Is it more ikely that the playcalling, oline, defense, dline, head coach, QB coach, running backs, special teams, etc, are to blame for JC's performance being bad across multiple offenses and multiple head coaches, or is it more likely he's just not very good? Does the o-line make his accuracy terrible? Does the o-line give him a slow release, and make him sow reading defenses? I'm sure some of you believe so, but this is not the case.

Believe me, I don't disagree. It burns me that many the JC Bandwagoneers are blaming in O-Line, the Receivers, the RBs, even the Defense.

Gotta feel sorry for Jason. All anyone has ever done since he got here was hate on him. But ya gotta believe that if he doesn't improve dramatically in his contract year, this upcoming season, than he will be demoted and Colt or whoever will get the starting nod.

I don't think anyone hated on him at all. Everyone wanted hm to do well and were clamoring for him to play when Brunell was looking like a 68 year old man. The thing I question about him are his leadership abilities and confidence to drive the team down for the winning score. A QB has to be a natural leader and take charge guy and I just haven't seen anything to make me believe JC can be that guy. I would love to be wrong.

Why have a vet push him when Colt can push him? If Brennan is as good as he's made out to be here on ES (and he's not) he should have no problem opening Zorn's eyes.

And exactly how do you know he's not any good? You see, this is the kind of unsupported opinion that really adds nothing.

What if JC in the offseason shows dramatic improvement with the 2nd year receivers and Moss in camp and preseason will people get on his jo err bandwagon like they are with Colt or will it be the pessimistic just watch he'll fail because the preference is more for the ex rainbow QB succeeding than the ex Auburn Tiger?

The exact same thing could be said about JC supporters. I think a lot of people on here just hate to admit they're wrong and want their guy to play no matter what happens to the team.

Personally I want the guy that wins games for us. But he'll have to produce more than 10 ppg.

IMO, Jason Campbell would have surely failed if Al Saunders and Jim Zorn had not cleaned up his sloppy mechanics. I think the same is true of Colt Brennan. Their natural athletic ability was good enough in high school and college, but their poor mechanics would limit them severely in the NFL.

I think Jim Zorn gives them a chance to make it.

Not everyone needs to have the prototypical mecahnics as a Peyton Manning, there has been great qb's in the league with unconventional mechanics ie Bernie Kosar. Playing qb just has to read and react and unfortunately candle takes a little too long

So for all of you "It was JC's fault" people, either you must admit that it was not JC's fault, or if it was that a big part of it is Zorn's fault for not seeing things and refusing to take our (according to some) best QB and start him over our worst.

Either Zorn is a big part of the problem, or JC isn't. You cannot have it both ways.

So for all of you "It was JC's fault" people, either you must admit that it was not JC's fault, or if it was that a big part of it is Zorn's fault for not seeing things and refusing to take our (according to some) best QB and start him over our worst.

Either Zorn is a big part of the problem, or JC isn't. You cannot have it both ways.

Here's the thing, IMHO, Zorn is part of the problem because either 1) He is allowing Vinny and Danny to tell him how to run his team. or 2) He is to stubborn and prideful to do what is right and necessary for this team. It became evident in the latter part of the season as the lack of communication was starting to show, i.e. Clinton's benching or Roger's expecting to start moments before game time. He has hinted on having to simplify the play book to accommodate Jason. He has shown his lack of trust for Jason in his conservative play calling. He has shown his distrust of his players by not playing more of his rookies, though this could be because of the many close games this season. He has also shown that his pride has gotten in the way of better judgement when he played his starters against the 49er's instead of the backups and rookies.

There are many times that an event can be blamed for the entire season, but when you look at the entire picture, there have always been two historically important positions of great influence. That is the HC and the QB. Though everything is not Jason's fault, he is the QB therefore needs to make lemonade out of lemons. Let it be clear, Jason was not dealt lemons. Zorn is the production manager and is responsible for the entire flow of the show. He needs to be clear, concise with his staff and players. He is responsible to ensure everyone is on the same page. He faultered in this responsibility.

LMAO Check it out:

Steve Czaban: You were outscored by an 0-16 team this year, the Lions. What is priority one for scoring more points next year?

Jim Zorn: Well, being better on offense.

Steve Czaban: How so?

Jim Zorn: By, uh, making our drives get across the goal line.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/16132/jim_zorn_knows_how_to_fix_the_skins_offense

Archived